MGA Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 140 reviews

4.1
MGA Entertainment CEO Isaac Larian
Isaac Larian
Pros
  • "Free bagels on Fridays, Nice coworkers who actually care about their work, receiving a paycheck that clears(in 8 reviews)

• "Free bagels on Friday and cake on your birthday, awesome co-worker and they care(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Good Company to join"

Current Employee - Costing Manager in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at MGA Entertainment full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is going to a right path for toy business. ( Catch the trend , Have innovation on toys ) The company is growing rapidly. Co-workers, Supervisors are nice and reasonable and have passion on toys. Upper Management makes correct decision.

Cons

- The working hours are long.

Advice to Management

Need to expand a little more. Need more workers to help supporting the business. Business grow too fast.

MGA Entertainment2019-08-16
  2. "Great, Creative People"

Current Employee - Director, Consumer Insights in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at MGA Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people make the difference at MGA. The ones who succeed here are all-in. That means loving what we do, believing in and rooting for our products and supporting each other. Top management will take risks and try new ideas. They also listen to employee suggestions, trust employee judgement and encourage creativity. There is a culture of improvement and excellence. The pace is very fast—never boring. With good work/life...

Cons

Some processes are redundant and some are over-regulated.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employee feedback regarding process improvements and continue with the culture survey!

MGA Entertainment2019-08-15
  3. "MGA Entertainment - a great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Director, P D in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at MGA Entertainment full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you love toys and creating toys that children love MGA is the place for you. Work with wonderful people that are up for anything. A close knit team.

Cons

MGA is not for you if you do not like working in a creative entrepreneurial environment.

MGA Entertainment2019-08-15
  4. "Innovative Company, Exciting Brands, Rewarding Work, and Passionate People"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Consumer Insights in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at MGA Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working at MGA and have for the last 3+ years. We have exciting brands – girls, boys, and Little Tikes, phenomenal creative talent, top-notch business strategists, and a beautiful new facility. Research is valued and drives business decisions. Collaborative working environment and opportunity to work with many of the departments at the company. Passionate, hard-working people too. Lots of opportunities to...

Cons

As I mentioned, if you are not a go-getter with a passion for delivering the best, MGA is not the place for you. You also have to be comfortable with changes in direction and be able to shift accordingly.

Advice to Management

Continue the yearly survey as it is an opportunity for employees to share their thoughts. Sharing the feedback with us after the survey closes is also appreciated.

MGA Entertainment2019-08-13
  5. "Vice President"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at MGA Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nimble, bold, fast-paced, exciting and challenging environment. CEO allows you to bring new ideas and executions to the table and invites unique thinking. I’ve learned more both professionally and personally at MGA than at any other job I’ve ever held. This is a place where innovation thrives, colleagues have each other’s backs and autonomy and accountability are expected and rewarded.

Cons

Check your ego at the door. This is not a place for those seeking constant praise or adulation. Challenging environment which requires hard work and passion.

Advice to Management

Less red tape will allow for faster innovation and execution.

MGA Entertainment2019-08-09
  6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at MGA Entertainment full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work to be challenged and work with passionate people to build brands. Ability to create innovative marketing plans outside of the box. Quick decision-making without needing a deck to justify - just walk down the hall.

Cons

Not a place for people who can’t stand criticism.

MGA Entertainment2019-08-05

"Creative, challenging and fast paced"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at MGA Entertainment full-time for more than a year

Pros

The toy business is creative and innovative and MGA is a leader in the industry. Each day brings new challenges and opportunities. The office is beautiful and management goes above and beyond to provide employees with perks, like piano, ping pong, yoga classes, Pilates, etc.

Cons

From experience and observation, the hiring process is mismanaged. The process is in conflict with the ongoing efforts of management to create a positive work environment and culture.

Advice to Management

Continue innovating and pushing the envelope. Encourage honesty and respect in all departments.

MGA Entertainment2019-08-15
  8. "Most Innovative Toy Company!"

Current Employee - Creative Director in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at MGA Entertainment full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

We are encouraged to think differently, make the impossible possible and love what we do. I work with an incredible team of creatives, who I consider my family, in an inspiring new space. The CEO is forward thinking and believes in his employees.

Cons

You must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment. This isn't really a con, just the reality of a nimble company. If you don’t like to respond quickly to a constantly changing industry, this isn’t the place for you.

MGA Entertainment2019-08-01
  9. "Great place for Toy Industry Passion to Thrive"

Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MGA Entertainment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Innovative place with great brands and growing business -- uniquely able to sustain a creative, inspired culture. Dedicated co-workers, hard-working teams. Not a lot of politics.

Cons

Very little process. Many teams are understaffed which hampers business.

Advice to Management

Continue to eliminate obstacles and reduce bottlenecks to grow faster. Increase recruiting resources.

MGA Entertainment2019-07-31
  10. "Challenging and rewarding!"

I have been working at MGA Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great office space, collaborative environment, open door policy with senior level management

Cons

Some teams are understaffed. The work piles up during busy seasons

MGA Entertainment2019-08-14