MGA Healthcare Nurse Reviews | Glassdoor

MGA Healthcare Nurse Reviews

Updated Oct 16, 2019

4.0
MGA Healthcare CEO David Zowine (no image)
David Zowine
  1. "Great first job"

Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Dallas, TX

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Education was excellent and management was wonderful.

Cons

No negatives to speak of

MGA Healthcare2019-10-16

October 16, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback! Good luck in your future​ endeavors.

2. "Flu Clinic RN"

Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare for less than a year

Pros

- Easy to get in touch with recruiters - Smooth onboarding process if you have all your things - Friendly and flexible

Cons

- Can get things to you/ask you to do things last minute

MGA Healthcare2019-09-26

September 26, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for being part of our Flu Clinic team and the great service you provide to keep our community healthy! We appreciate the review and the feedback on where we have room for improvement.

3. "Pretty good work..."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

The recruiters do try to take care of the nurses. When I was done with my shift, I was done...no call-ins or extra time expected.

Cons

The pay. Sooo. Low. Especially for some of the work environments.

MGA Healthcare2019-07-19

July 22, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We hear your concerns regarding compensation and encourage you to reach out to our team directly if you'd like to discuss further at mgacares@mgahomecare.com.

4. "Aggressive Coordinators, Disposable Nursing Staff"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Okay salary, getting to help families and special patients.

Cons

Initially, everything was great. I was recovering from an injury at the time I got hired and got a good position working with an infant with a g-tube. When the little one made a full recovery, I was moved to another case, and that's where the trouble began. I never said anything about working exclusively with MGA and wanted to explore possibilities other than pediatric homecare. When my coordinator found out about... this, they became very belligerent with me, even calling me outside their normal working hours to cuss me out for doing so. When I told the cooridnator to put me to PRN status if my exploring other job possibilities, they had another coordinator contact me and went through this big long song and dance about how I could make more money if I stayed with them. I'm not a terribly aggressive personality myself and so I gave in. I worked with one patient for quite a while and then that patient went to another agency and I was assigned two new patients by MGA. The coordinator kept telling me that they were going to get rid of the main nurse for the patient I was working with three days a week and make me the main nurse because that nurse had chronic health problems. The thing is, I had chronic health problems myself and now was afraid to ask for time off. The main patient I was working with developed a severe respiratory infection which they passed to me. The coordinator encouraged me to go to work anyway because they reasoned that since I had gotten the infection from the patient, I couldn't re-infect the patient. The coordinator guilt-tripped me by telling me the family "really needs you." I was so sick that I ended up having a small stroke during my shift and falling into a blackout sleep. I was fired, and now there is a black mark on my nursing license and no-one else will hire me. I now deliver food and live in poverty.

Advice to Management

Your coordinators absolutely should NOT discuss one staff member's health problems with another staff member or their plans to get rid of the "problematic" staff member. Your nurses are not automatons. We are real people who develop real health problems of our own sometimes. I am not the only nurse who was worked to death by MGA and got fired for falling asleep during a shift. The same thing happened to one of the... nurses I trained with, and she was an excellent nurse who was very devoted to her patients.

MGA Healthcare2019-05-22

May 23, 2019Marketing Manager

We take these comments very seriously and would be happy to address any concerns that our employees (current or former) may have. If MGA management or our compliance office is advised, we will not condone behavior that is not in keeping with MGA’s mission, policies and applicable laws. We’d like to put you in touch with our compliance officer as soon as possible. Please contact us at 1.800.941.1395 so that we can investigate these allegations and take responsive action, as needed.

5. "Good company"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Addison, TX

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule. Competitive pay. Great staff. Company insurance.

Cons

Limited benefits. No differential pay (for nights/ weekends). No PTO.

MGA Healthcare2019-01-23

January 28, 2019Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the review. We hope to continue to make MGA a great place to work.

6. "registered nurse mga healthcare lead rn flu clinic"

Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in Oakland, CA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare for less than a year

Pros

helpful full time recruiters with 24/7 contact

Cons

none really. they are helpful. good first time rn job. low hourly rate for rn. seasonal.

Advice to Management

none.

MGA Healthcare2018-10-04
  7. "Perfect place to get your foot in the medical door!"

Current Contractor - Certified Nursing Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare for more than a year

Pros

1. Contract with hospitals in the sac area on all units. 2. Very flexible hours, perfect for students! 3. Awesome recruiter staff always looking to help out.

Cons

1. Sometime cancelations can be a bummer but that’s more on the hospitals part. 2. Wish there was more opportunities to head out to other hospitals like kaiser, or UC Davis, small clinics.

Advice to Management

Just stay flexible on scheduling and you’re perfect.

MGA Healthcare2017-12-01
  8. "Great Option"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MGA Healthcare part-time for less than a year

Pros

Super flexible hours, fantastic job for a new RN and work one on one with patient.

Cons

Paper charting, must deliver charting notes to weekly location, half pay for training.

Advice to Management

Post online at a private MGA link available cases to pick up on a day of basis.

MGA Healthcare2017-03-27

April 12, 2017Customer Service

Thank you for the positive feedback and helpful suggestion! We look forward to continuing to work with you.

9. "LPN"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Denver, CO

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hires new grads. Will allow overtime.

Cons

Horrible communication within the office. Expect nurse to inform families of thing they should relate to them. No PTO and high cost for insurance (company does not contribute and will automatically claim you turned down insurance).

Advice to Management

Offer PTO and compensation for mileage driven to far away assignments.

MGA Healthcare2017-03-25

April 12, 2017Customer Service

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing communication problems. Would you be open to a phone call to discuss? I would be happy to address the work communication and MGA policy issues you mentioned. If so, please direct message me with a number and time that is convenient for you.

10. "Feast or Famine"

Former Employee - Nurse in Denver, CO

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office staff is generally polite. Decent pay for home care. Benefits for full-time staff are reasonably good.

Cons

On one hand, an employee can go a long time between cases. On the other hand, MGA will be happy to work their employees to death, and then when the inevitable happens and said employee burns out, gets sick, falls asleep, they will happily fire said employee no matter how much of a team player the employee has been, even to the detriment of their own health. Be sure to protect yourself from being overworked if you... work for this company because they see employees as cogs in the machine. There is no PTO, even for full-time staff.

Advice to Management

Don't let your employees work more than 48 hours a week. Don't let your full-time employees go for longer than a week without an assignment. Give full-time employees PTO.

MGA Healthcare2017-03-14

April 12, 2017Customer Service

Thank you for your review. We take your feedback very seriously. At MGA, we believe the happiness, health, and well-being of our teams sets the foundation for providing quality care to our families. If you would be open to discussing your experience further, I would be happy to give you a call. Please direct message me with a number and time that is convenient for you.

Found 18 reviews