MGA Healthcare Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

MGA Healthcare Recruiter Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2019

2.8
MGA Healthcare CEO David Zowine (no image)
David Zowine
  1. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great management who continually helps its recruiting team in every aspect. All tools to being successful in this field are provided. Overall great group of individuals and as a former employee I can say experience built from MGA progresses me further into my current position. And within a year you can expect to progress into managerial positions as long as you’re dedicated.

Cons

The elevators don’t work sometimes.

MGA Healthcare2018-12-14

December 14, 2018Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you've had a positive experience with MGA!

"Do Not Work Here"

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young and energetic colleagues Great office location close to Bart

Cons

No transparency and communication throughout the company regarding movement, changes in processes, growth, compensation, etc. Management is made up of guys that went to high school together and only lookout for each other, the rest of management is Not competent or qualified for the job. All are either in meaningless ‘meetings’ with each other and on their cell phones all day or out of the office “meeting with... clients”. They get paid a lot to do nothing. Pay is low and asking for time off is like pulling teeth. This company expects you to work hard with little to no benefits, terrible pay, eat at your desk mentality (expected to work during your lunch break), with no regard to the employees’ health and well being. On call is a nightmare! Dirty office full of broken chairs, electronics, scattered paperwork. People at the front don’t know how to greet our employees or let you know when your appointment has shown up. Micro-managing of call logs

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. Break up the shady managers. Hire qualified managers to train the recruiters and support staff. Be more up front about expectations and create movement for employees. Those managers aren’t going anywhere so neither will anyone else at MGA, unfortunately. That is why the internal staff turnover rate is so high.

MGA Healthcare2019-07-26

July 29, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We take your concerns seriously and have escalated this to our management team for further review. Please reach out to us directly at customerservice@mgahealthcare.com to speak to our leadership team.

3. "If you have no experience, get it here and get out."

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not much good, met some cool people, but overall a terrible experience.

Cons

Micromanagers, nepotism, unfair compensation, and harassment.

Advice to Management

Reduce the amount of AMs who went to high school together, that would be a start.

MGA Healthcare2019-06-25

July 15, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We value honest feedback and use it to continually improve.

4. "Wonderful"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collaborative environment that cares about your growth

Cons

Could use some better coffee in the break room

MGA Healthcare2019-02-21

February 25, 2019Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Coworkers felt like family, pay is decent if the management likes you.

Cons

Management changes and lack of transparency about expectations and direction. No innovation, and too much of a bro culture. Upper management balked at rewarding longer term recruiters that contributed to turnover

Advice to Management

Don't hire the VP's brother as a decision maker. Pay better, be more open to innovation in the industry.

MGA Healthcare2018-11-23

November 27, 2018Marketing Specialist

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate the feedback. We understand how company changes can often be difficult for both the employer and its employees. We thank you for your time at MGA and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"Recruiter"

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

MGA was an ok place to work. The pay was ok for starting out, but little room for growth. If you didn't fit in with the group that was there from the start, good luck getting anywhere. Charles was nice, most of the employees are nice, fun outings, training is cool.

Cons

The on call is an absolute nightmare. Do not fall for them saying it is common, I am almost positive it is illegal. It is almost like working 24 hours if you happen to be on call for the night or week. Good luck enjoying weekends, and if you chose to not work a strike or work on your free time, you will be looked down upon. Vacations? I think MGA forgot what those are. If you are sick, you still have to show up.... Their culture is grind. Once you meet the CEO and see how he speaks to employees, it explains everything. Just look him up online and check out the massive lawsuit.

Advice to Management

Management is the problem. Look up the CEO and it explains the entire ideology of the company.

MGA Healthcare2018-10-24

November 27, 2018Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to discuss further and hear more of your feedback. If this is of interest, please contact us at customerservice@mgahealthcare.com.

7. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good team environment Good people Great leadership

Cons

Comp structure skewed so team effort

Advice to Management

Keep doing what u do

MGA Healthcare2018-06-07

June 18, 2018Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your review and for being a valued member of the MGA team!

8. "Get experience and get out"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great way to get your foot in the door as a recruiter. Fantastic training (if you make it past 3 months)

Cons

The office environment is no where near what it used to be. Everything is much more corporate and everyone seems to dislike their jobs now. No work-life balance and values of the company are extremely skewed

Advice to Management

Have more office-wide events so there is more office camradery. Promote more of a work-life balance.

MGA Healthcare2018-04-25

April 30, 2018Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for sharing your feedback on company culture with our team. As an MGA employee, we certainly value your input and happiness. We are pleased to know you found your training career-enhancing and we back your sentiments on the importance of work-life balance and comradery. Both are of great importance to MGA and we try to promote the latter in a professional, fun way!

9. "Like a rollercoaster has plenty of highs and lows"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Younger and overall a good amount of nice people. Owner doesn't have his own office and makes an effort to say hi to everyone.

Cons

No career path, clear favoritism for certain people and always will be that way. Retention is horrible and used to be even worse. Communication between managers and recruiters should be better. Unprofessional environment and HR acknowledges it and doesn't do anything about it unless a complaint is filed.

Advice to Management

Take care of people,

MGA Healthcare2017-04-15

May 3, 2017Customer Service

We are sorry to hear about your experience. MGA values a workplace environment that is conducive to the success of all our employees. Thank you for your feedback.

10. "Salary"

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun atmosphere to work at .

Cons

High Turn over rate. Even if your doing good.

MGA Healthcare2017-03-23

April 12, 2017Customer Service

MGA values an office environment that is both enjoyable and conducive to success. We appreciate your feedback and honest review.

Found 16 reviews