MGA Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

MGA Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2019

Found 89 reviews

3.1
MGA Healthcare CEO David Zowine (no image)
David Zowine
Pros
  • "Overall great group of individuals and as a former employee I can say experience built from MGA progresses me further into my current position(in 7 reviews)

• "Great opportunity to get experience(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "I think MGA forgot what those are(in 12 reviews)

• "There is no PTO, even for full-time staff(in 5 reviews)

"CSM"

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fantastic company to start your career. Clear path to growth. Strong leadership team, office resources. Fun office culture.

Cons

No option to work from home.

MGA Healthcare2019-05-21

May 22, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for being part of the MGA Healthcare team! We do our best to make MGA Healthcare a place where people are excited to work and we hope you continue having a great experience with us.

2. "Pretty good work..."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

The recruiters do try to take care of the nurses. When I was done with my shift, I was done...no call-ins or extra time expected.

Cons

The pay. Sooo. Low. Especially for some of the work environments.

MGA Healthcare2019-07-19

July 22, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We hear your concerns regarding compensation and encourage you to reach out to our team directly if you'd like to discuss further at mgacares@mgahomecare.com.

"Do Not Work Here"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young and energetic colleagues Great office location close to Bart

Cons

No transparency and communication throughout the company regarding movement, changes in processes, growth, compensation, etc. Management is made up of guys that went to high school together and only lookout for each other, the rest of management is Not competent or qualified for the job. All are either in meaningless ‘meetings’ with each other and on their cell phones all day or out of the office “meeting with... clients”. They get paid a lot to do nothing. Pay is low and asking for time off is like pulling teeth. This company expects you to work hard with little to no benefits, terrible pay, eat at your desk mentality (expected to work during your lunch break), with no regard to the employees’ health and well being. On call is a nightmare! Dirty office full of broken chairs, electronics, scattered paperwork. People at the front don’t know how to greet our employees or let you know when your appointment has shown up. Micro-managing of call logs

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. Break up the shady managers. Hire qualified managers to train the recruiters and support staff. Be more up front about expectations and create movement for employees. Those managers aren’t going anywhere so neither will anyone else at MGA, unfortunately. That is why the internal staff turnover rate is so high.

MGA Healthcare2019-07-26

July 29, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We take your concerns seriously and have escalated this to our management team for further review. Please reach out to us directly at customerservice@mgahealthcare.com to speak to our leadership team.

4. "Horrible Company !!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Don't waste your time with them. The recruiters will tell you what you want to hear in order to get you to take the job . Then out of know where your assignment will be terminated. The recruiters will not provide you a valid reason that your contracted has been ended either.

Cons

Low Pay, unprofessional recruiters, lack of experience with management, lack of integrity. I Don't recommend unless you want to be out of a job within 3 weeks of employment without any type of explanation.

Advice to Management

Learn to train your incompetent employee's.

MGA Healthcare2019-07-12

July 15, 2019Marketing Manager

MGA works hard to be responsive and transparent and we're sorry this was not your experience. We have informed our management team and hope we can discuss this with you further. If interested, please email customerservice@mgahealthcare.com.

5. "If you have no experience, get it here and get out."

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not much good, met some cool people, but overall a terrible experience.

Cons

Micromanagers, nepotism, unfair compensation, and harassment.

Advice to Management

Reduce the amount of AMs who went to high school together, that would be a start.

MGA Healthcare2019-06-25

July 15, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We value honest feedback and use it to continually improve.

6. "Aggressive Coordinators, Disposable Nursing Staff"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Okay salary, getting to help families and special patients.

Cons

Initially, everything was great. I was recovering from an injury at the time I got hired and got a good position working with an infant with a g-tube. When the little one made a full recovery, I was moved to another case, and that's where the trouble began. I never said anything about working exclusively with MGA and wanted to explore possibilities other than pediatric homecare. When my coordinator found out about... this, they became very belligerent with me, even calling me outside their normal working hours to cuss me out for doing so. When I told the cooridnator to put me to PRN status if my exploring other job possibilities, they had another coordinator contact me and went through this big long song and dance about how I could make more money if I stayed with them. I'm not a terribly aggressive personality myself and so I gave in. I worked with one patient for quite a while and then that patient went to another agency and I was assigned two new patients by MGA. The coordinator kept telling me that they were going to get rid of the main nurse for the patient I was working with three days a week and make me the main nurse because that nurse had chronic health problems. The thing is, I had chronic health problems myself and now was afraid to ask for time off. The main patient I was working with developed a severe respiratory infection which they passed to me. The coordinator encouraged me to go to work anyway because they reasoned that since I had gotten the infection from the patient, I couldn't re-infect the patient. The coordinator guilt-tripped me by telling me the family "really needs you." I was so sick that I ended up having a small stroke during my shift and falling into a blackout sleep. I was fired, and now there is a black mark on my nursing license and no-one else will hire me. I now deliver food and live in poverty.

Advice to Management

Your coordinators absolutely should NOT discuss one staff member's health problems with another staff member or their plans to get rid of the "problematic" staff member. Your nurses are not automatons. We are real people who develop real health problems of our own sometimes. I am not the only nurse who was worked to death by MGA and got fired for falling asleep during a shift. The same thing happened to one of the... nurses I trained with, and she was an excellent nurse who was very devoted to her patients.

MGA Healthcare2019-05-22

May 23, 2019Marketing Manager

We take these comments very seriously and would be happy to address any concerns that our employees (current or former) may have. If MGA management or our compliance office is advised, we will not condone behavior that is not in keeping with MGA’s mission, policies and applicable ...

7. "I just want to see other reviews"

Current Employee - Practice Manager

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to get experience

Cons

No cons working here so far

MGA Healthcare2019-04-11

April 23, 2019Marketing Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and hope you continue to have a positive experience with MGA Healthcare.

8. "Okay"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to get into company

Cons

Pay is not much. Minimum wage.

MGA Healthcare2019-04-03

April 3, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback.

9. "Great for New Grads"

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility, Autonomy, Room for growth

Cons

Expensive benefits, limited paid time off

MGA Healthcare2019-03-18

March 18, 2019Marketing Manager

We appreciate you leaving a review. MGA Healthcare strives to be a great place for recent graduates to start their career and gain valuable healthcare experience.

10. "Terrible internal employee benefits"

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly environment, people are nice

Cons

The worst benefits package I have ever had in my working career. It is really unfortunate because other than the awful, expensive (probably very cheap for the company) employee benefits, it is not a terrible place to work. If you need to provide medical/dental insurance for your family, this is definitely NOT the place for you.

Advice to Management

Take care of your hard working internal employees with better benefits

MGA Healthcare2019-03-20

March 20, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. At MGA Healthcare, we strive to provide a great experience for all of our employees. We value this feedback and have forwarded it on to our management team.

Found 89 reviews