MGA Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

MGA Healthcare Reviews

Updated Oct 16, 2019

3.1
MGA Healthcare CEO David Zowine (no image)
David Zowine
  1. "NA"

Na in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MGA Healthcare for less than a year

Pros

Great team. Nice staff. Always helping you to find jobs/hours somewhere.

Cons

-No consistency as to holding a long term position anywhere; therefore harder to build a relationship with a company. -Hours aren’t guaranteed

MGA Healthcare2018-08-16

August 20, 2018Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your valued feedback. We are happy to learn our staff was always at the ready to help you with your needs. We encourage you to keep checking back for new opportunities that fit your criteria!

2. "Concerning Company Culture"

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time

Pros

Feeling of making a positive difference for my community

Cons

A Co-worker got a DUI following a company party and was not reprimanded. MGA did very little to address the issue of professionalism within the company culture

MGA Healthcare2018-08-06

August 13, 2018Social Media & Marketing

We appreciate your review as we are working hard to foster a culture of respect and professionalism across each office. At MGA, we have a strict policy regarding alcohol consumption at events and would welcome the opportunity to speak to you about this incident in particular. If you would like to discuss this with us, please call us at 602-508-1883 and ask to speak with human resources.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"C H H A"

Former Employee - Certified Home Attendant in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The hours are flexible, the benefits are great, on the job training is wonderful.

Cons

I never had a downside. Sick days you can always get time off. Also family emergencies.

Advice to Management

My years of working with you was wonderful. I hope everything stay the same. I hope everyone have a wonderful time like I did.

MGA Healthcare2018-07-06

July 16, 2018Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your kind review, and for your ten dedicated years with MGA Healthcare. Good luck with all future endeavors! :)

5. "RN PDN"

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time

Pros

OT available, autonomy, training

Cons

expensive insurance, no mileage, long distant cases

Advice to Management

more transparency, be able to provide adequate staffing for all newly obtained patients

MGA Healthcare2018-07-24

August 20, 2018Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We value your feedback and have forwarded on to our management team for further consideration.

6. "Great employer!"

Current Employee - Therapy Authorizations Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive pay. The company is small enough that employees feel a part of a family. Excellent corporate work ethic. Advancement opportunities.

Cons

Clinicians's turnover high sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

MGA Healthcare2018-06-07

June 18, 2018Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your wonderful 5-star review and for being a part of the MGA Austin team!

7. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good team environment Good people Great leadership

Cons

Comp structure skewed so team effort

Advice to Management

Keep doing what u do

MGA Healthcare2018-06-07

June 18, 2018Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your review and for being a valued member of the MGA team!

8. "Recruter"

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time

Pros

Coworkers was just about the only pro’s

Cons

Long hours, limited lunches, eat at desk culture

MGA Healthcare2018-05-15

June 18, 2018Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. At MGA, we value a healthy work-life balance and overall employee satisfaction. We have forwarded your advice on to our management team for further review.

9. "The Internal Employee Experience"

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

- great opportunity for individuals with little to no prior experience. - going above and beyond is noticed - a lot opportunities to stand out and be noticed - gain experience working with all types of people - opportunity to increase your responsibility with time

Cons

- some senior employees are way too comfortable - poor work/life balance - quantity over quality mindset - too much office drama/gossip - (recruiters only) if you ever decide to compare how much money your hires make the company and compare that to your own paycheck you will immediately hate everything.

Advice to Management

Look at the money you "save" by being stingy on employee compensation, benefits & perks, and compare that to your turnover costs and look to see if you are actually "saving" money at all. Stop hiring and/or retaining employees that need to be on a leash so you can get rid of the ball and chain culture. Start prioritizing things that make your performing employees happier, rather than focusing on keeping... tenured employees that don't earn their keep comfortable and safe.

MGA Healthcare2018-05-09

May 10, 2018Social Media & Marketing

We appreciate your feedback and agree wholeheartedly on the importance of employee satisfaction as well as a healthy work-life balance. We are happy to hear you gained valuable experience and felt optimistic about opportunities for growth with MGA. Should you be open to sharing more about your experience, we'd like to learn more. Please email customerservice@mgahealthcare.com.

10. "Working at MGA"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the people there are great

Cons

Upper management belittle workers, power hungry, greedy people. Shady coworkers and sexist environment.

MGA Healthcare2018-05-25

June 18, 2018Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We would be grateful for the opportunity to speak with you further as the concerns you presented are not in keeping with our core values. Please send an email to customerservice@mgahealthcare.com with your availability and preferred method of contact.

11. "Get experience and get out"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great way to get your foot in the door as a recruiter. Fantastic training (if you make it past 3 months)

Cons

The office environment is no where near what it used to be. Everything is much more corporate and everyone seems to dislike their jobs now. No work-life balance and values of the company are extremely skewed

Advice to Management

Have more office-wide events so there is more office camradery. Promote more of a work-life balance.

MGA Healthcare2018-04-25

April 30, 2018Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for sharing your feedback on company culture with our team. As an MGA employee, we certainly value your input and happiness. We are pleased to know you found your training career-enhancing and we back your sentiments on the importance of work-life balance and comradery. Both are of great importance to MGA and we try to promote the latter in a professional, fun way!

Found 90 reviews