MGA Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

MGA Healthcare Reviews

Updated Oct 16, 2019

3.1
MGA Healthcare CEO David Zowine (no image)
David Zowine

"Peds homecare"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Patients and their many different diagnoses

Cons

Not good benefits for nurses

Advice to Management

Utilize all skills of experienced nurses. Listen to staff.

MGA Healthcare2018-02-28

March 19, 2018Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your review of MGA's home health division and for being a valued member of our dedicated team for over five years! We certainly take your feedback to heart. MGA is committed to providing competitive pay and comprehensive benefits packages as well as 401(k) eligibility, continuing education opportunities, and 24/7 support to our invaluable nurses. We are happy to connect you with one of our dedicated benefits representatives to discuss your eligibility in more detail. If interested, please send an email to customerservice@mgahomecare.com with your availability and preferred method of contact.

2. "Entry Level Position"

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great place to start off your "real world" work experience.

Cons

Little to no room for growth

MGA Healthcare2018-02-28

March 19, 2018Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and for being a dedicated member of the MGA Healthcare team! MGA is committed to furthering our employees' unique career goals. We would love the opportunity to learn how we can help you take the next step. Please reach out to your designated recruiter or shoot us an email at customerservice@mgahealthcare.com so that we may further assist you!

3. "Beware, not what it seems"

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time

Pros

They have pretty good coffee

Cons

I thought the job before working at MGA was the worst bottom of the barrel job and couldn’t get any worse. I thought things could only get better. Boy was I wrong. Do your home work by checking online. Here is what I found online: perpetrating wrongful conduct (collectively, the “Defendant Confederates”), for violations of (a) the retaliation provision of the False Claims Act, 31 U.S.C. § 3729 et seq., (b) the... obstruction of justice provision of 42 U.S.C. § 1985(2), (c) the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, 18 U.S.C. § 1030 (the “CFAA”), (d) Section 10(b) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, 15 U.S.C. § 78j, Rule 10b-5 promulgated thereunder (17 C.F.R. § 240.10b- 5), and (e) and state law. A federal jury has awarded a total of $28 million to Phoenix businessman who alleged that his ex-partner assaulted him, committed fraud, and stole his company. Another one: nurse seen on video being rough with a 10-year-old disabled child. I sure wish I would have checked before working there. Working at MGA is a nightmare and most of the people working there are very dishonest. When you walk in the front door you will see a lot of women on those balance ball chair bouncing up and down, romper room meets frat house relocated. Then you have the “boys”, the recruiters. Remember the “old used car salesman” , that told you anything you wanted to hear and when you got there they swarm all over you, that’s exactly what will happen. Half of the recruiters think they’re basketball stars throwing balls all over the office-in fact one kick a ball so hard at the front door that it hit a picture frame and shattered glass everywhere. Others think they are famous rappers. They play that rap music so loud the floors and windows shake, you can’t hear yourself think. The recruiters get paid bonus’s for hires, they have to “earn their computer” that may explain how some of the people get hired that shouldn’t. Most of the employees are transplants from South Carolina to Michigan to Arizona to name a few. They hired a manager who micromanages and has two very loyal brown nosier’s, we all know how they work. Just to give an example of the level of intelligence or lack thereof, 90% of the individuals that work there cannot complete a sentence without using the word “like” a minimum of 6 times. They start drinking at 4:00 on Friday’s after the office operation closing hours were changed to 5:00-they used to start at 5pm when closing hours was 6p. Some use medical marijuana. Be sure to check out the owners Facebook page. So now you have to ask yourself is this a place I want to work with people who have no integrity, who will make you promises then when it’s time to pay up on those promises have all kinds of excuses why they can’t, or are these people I want to trust my child to when there are so many other agencies that are honest and have dignity in the way they treat their employees and clients. Also note when you get benefits through this company then leave they will continue to take money then contact those companies to shut your account down so you don’t have access to those benefits even though they took money out after you left.

Advice to Management

Need to terminate everyone and start over or just close your doors in Colorado,

MGA Healthcare2018-02-18

March 20, 2018Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as we appreciate your feedback. Throughout our 20 years in business, we’ve worked hard to provide a positive experience for all and to create a welcoming work environment that is encouraging and professional. We wholeheartedly agree with you on the importance of integrity and accountability in the workplace, especially when it comes to pediatric care, and will share your concerns with our management team for further attention.

4. "Temporary worker"

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time

Pros

Foot-in-the-door to UCSF and other great companies.

Cons

Low-pay working as a temp

MGA Healthcare2018-01-11

January 16, 2018Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is important to us. If you would like to share more regarding your experience please email us at customerservice@mgahealthcare.com.

"Practice Coordinator"

Current Employee - Practice Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great way to get your foot in the door if you want to work at hospitals .

Cons

More effective communication between recruiters and employees, placement took almost 2 months .

Advice to Management

Increase pay for employees

MGA Healthcare2017-11-28

December 1, 2017Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your valued feedback. We would like to better understand the communication issue you experienced. Please email customerservice@mgahealthcare.com if you are open to speaking with a member of our management team!

6. "Administrative Assistant"

I have been working at MGA Healthcare

Pros

Great opportunity and networking with health professionals!

Cons

Extremely unresponsive and very long breaks in between assignments

MGA Healthcare2017-11-26

December 1, 2017Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your review. We would like to better understand the communication issue you've described. Please email customerservice@mgahealthcare.com if you are open to speaking with a member of our management team.

7. "Admin Assistant (UCSF)"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great opportunity to get your foot in the world of healthcare - Are able to work with one of the best hospitals in healthcare (UCSF) - Helpful recruiter (Jonathan) - Paid training

Cons

- Low compensation ($17/hour) - Worked in a department that promised a chance of becoming a permanent employee, but instead continued to extend my temp position until I decided to quit - Even after MGA hires you, you still have to interview and compete to get the "assignment" jobs

MGA Healthcare2017-10-16

October 20, 2017Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you saw MGA as an ally in opportunity. We strive to offer competitive, meaningful compensation and are sorry to hear a permanent position with our company was not realized.

8. "Payroll Specialist"

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Positive environment, Great team, Company outings, Management is always there to give advice or constructive criticism

Cons

Pay is lower than other companies, Mostly data entry - no strategic or technical skills used or needed, Little to no room for growth as most duties are handled by the corporate payroll team.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to show full potential my delegating more than data entry tasks, Create growth opportunities, Pay the going rate for the job or change the job title/description to better fit the pay/role criteria .

MGA Healthcare2017-10-17

October 20, 2017Social Media & Marketing

Your feedback helps us improve the MGA employee experience - thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

9. "Nice Place to work."

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time

Pros

The environment is pretty relaxed

Cons

The processes are a little unorganized

MGA Healthcare2017-09-18

September 20, 2017Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your review. Please send us an email at customerservice@mgahealthcare.com with additional details and feedback to help us improve!

10. "Home health nurse"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MGA Healthcare part-time

Pros

1 patient in the home, though you can be just as busy with one patient as with 30 pts on the floor.

Cons

Had some concerns with the family in regards to personality and hostile work environment at times. Talked to my recruiter about it for support. Asked him to keep it confidential, he promised he would. But through the family I learned he told them everything. Way to go. As a result, I lost all trust in MGA. Marked discrepensies in the way internal nurses (in the office) and external nurses (in the home) are treated.... If you're ok with not being able to trust your employer, this is the place for you. Also, when dealing with the families...set your boundaries and keep them firm because I guarantee you, they WILL try to get as much as they possibly can from you. One family wanted me to work a 16 HR shift. One came home late all the time. Have the conversations and speak up. It's not ok for families to consistently try to get you to change your schedule. So many times I wanted to tell the families, "My life doesn't revolve around you". I hated working for MGA. Been gone over a year and it still irriates me.

Advice to Management

Have your home nurse's back. Be HONEST. If you promise confidentially then KEEP YOUR WORD.

MGA Healthcare2017-10-04

October 10, 2017Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your review. Our administrative team and clinical experts strive to provide comprehensive support to all of our staff members. Your feedback regarding your work experience is important to us and helps us continually improve the MGA employee experience.

Found 90 reviews