MGA Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

MGA Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2019

Found 89 reviews

3.1
MGA Healthcare CEO David Zowine (no image)
David Zowine

"home health care"

Former Employee - Home Health Caregiver in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

steady work, fair pay, education, good communication with direct management, good client base

Cons

benefits are expensive, human resources poor communication

Advice to Management

unknown

MGA Healthcare2017-08-09

August 22, 2017Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience with management and our clients. We value your feedback on areas for improvement!

2. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oakland, CA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a great opportunity to gain experience in the hospital setting if you have little to no experience. Great way to get your foot in the door in the healthcare industry and to make relevant connections with healthcare administrators and providers. Potential to get hired full-time by the hospital.

Cons

The onboarding process can be lengthy. The pay is not reasonable for the standard of living in the bay area and while they mention you can get a pay increase if you get good reviews from your hospital managers, it wasn't clear that it would occur after a year of employment with MGA. Health insurance obtained through MGA is expensive and no PTO or benefits.

Advice to Management

Management made it seem like it would be easy to get an assignment right away, but it took almost a month to receive my first assignment due to "lack of experience" and I had to interview several departments before actually receiving an offer (it was not clear I had to interview the departments as well, although it does make sense.) So I would suggest being transparent about the process and the wait that employees... might experience at first. My recruiter was nice, but I felt pressured to leave my previous job in order to be available for an assignment right away only to wait an additional month.

MGA Healthcare2017-08-11

August 22, 2017Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. We are happy to hear that you gained experience and connections that will help propel your career. We value your advice to our management team and will be sure to pass it along.

3. "Payroll generalist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere good training for the most part

Cons

Horrible management Horrible process Pay is horrible Sneaky co workers Can't trust anyone

Advice to Management

You need to learn to actually be there for your employees actually have their back . Instead of pretend. Definitely need better management skills.

MGA Healthcare2017-07-30

August 1, 2017Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a positive training experience. It is our hope that our management team and employees imbue the same positive atmosphere you enjoyed while training. With that said, we are always aiming to improve and would like to learn more about your experience. Should you be open to sharing additional details, please email us directly at customerservice@mgahealthcare.com. Thank you!

4. "Quick response but low pay"

Current Employee - CNA in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare part-time for more than a year

Pros

Their team is quick to respond to concerns and very flexible with my schedule. The staff is also very friendly and have never felt I was being a bother when I needed anything

Cons

Offered pay is on the lower end of market salary

MGA Healthcare2017-05-06

May 8, 2017Customer Service

Thank you for your review. Our employee's satisfaction is a top priority. I am happy to hear our team is addressing your needs and concerns.

5. "Like a rollercoaster has plenty of highs and lows"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Younger and overall a good amount of nice people. Owner doesn't have his own office and makes an effort to say hi to everyone.

Cons

No career path, clear favoritism for certain people and always will be that way. Retention is horrible and used to be even worse. Communication between managers and recruiters should be better. Unprofessional environment and HR acknowledges it and doesn't do anything about it unless a complaint is filed.

Advice to Management

Take care of people,

MGA Healthcare2017-04-15

May 3, 2017Customer Service

We are sorry to hear about your experience. MGA values a workplace environment that is conducive to the success of all our employees. Thank you for your feedback.

6. "Great Option"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MGA Healthcare part-time for less than a year

Pros

Super flexible hours, fantastic job for a new RN and work one on one with patient.

Cons

Paper charting, must deliver charting notes to weekly location, half pay for training.

Advice to Management

Post online at a private MGA link available cases to pick up on a day of basis.

MGA Healthcare2017-03-27

April 12, 2017Customer Service

Thank you for the positive feedback and helpful suggestion! We look forward to continuing to work with you.

7. "Great Staff"

I have been working at MGA Healthcare part-time

Pros

Always letting you know about shifts that are available for you to work.

Cons

I just started with MGA, I really don't have any Cons.

MGA Healthcare2017-03-16

April 12, 2017Customer Service

Thank you for the kind words! I hope you continue to enjoy your experience at MGA.

8. "LPN"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Denver, CO

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hires new grads. Will allow overtime.

Cons

Horrible communication within the office. Expect nurse to inform families of thing they should relate to them. No PTO and high cost for insurance (company does not contribute and will automatically claim you turned down insurance).

Advice to Management

Offer PTO and compensation for mileage driven to far away assignments.

MGA Healthcare2017-03-25

April 12, 2017Customer Service

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing communication problems. Would you be open to a phone call to discuss? I would be happy to address the work communication and MGA policy issues you mentioned. If so, please direct message me with a number and time that is convenient for you.

9. "Salary"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun atmosphere to work at .

Cons

High Turn over rate. Even if your doing good.

MGA Healthcare2017-03-23

April 12, 2017Customer Service

MGA values an office environment that is both enjoyable and conducive to success. We appreciate your feedback and honest review.

10. "Recruiting"

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Younger atmosphere, you can be yourself.

Cons

Too many to list, horrible communication for career paths. Mediocre at best in training personnel and they are always quick to fire people.

MGA Healthcare2017-04-06

April 12, 2017Customer Service

Thank you for your review. We are always open to suggestions on how to improve our company, and your feedback is very important to us. Would you be interested in discussing your experience in greater detail? Please message me directly with a number and time that is convenient for you.

Found 89 reviews