MGA Healthcare "great opportunity" Reviews | Glassdoor

MGA Healthcare Employee Reviews about "great opportunity"

Updated Oct 16, 2019

Found 90 reviews

3.1
MGA Healthcare CEO David Zowine (no image)
David Zowine
Pros
  • "Overall great group of individuals and as a former employee I can say experience built from MGA progresses me further into my current position(in 7 reviews)

• "Great opportunity to get experience(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "I think MGA forgot what those are(in 12 reviews)

• "There is no PTO, even for full-time staff(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "great opportunity"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "I just want to see other reviews"

Current Employee - Practice Manager

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to get experience

Cons

No cons working here so far

MGA Healthcare2019-04-11

April 23, 2019Marketing Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and hope you continue to have a positive experience with MGA Healthcare.

2. "The Internal Employee Experience"

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

- great opportunity for individuals with little to no prior experience. - going above and beyond is noticed - a lot opportunities to stand out and be noticed - gain experience working with all types of people - opportunity to increase your responsibility with time

Cons

- some senior employees are way too comfortable - poor work/life balance - quantity over quality mindset - too much office drama/gossip - (recruiters only) if you ever decide to compare how much money your hires make the company and compare that to your own paycheck you will immediately hate everything.

Advice to Management

Look at the money you "save" by being stingy on employee compensation, benefits & perks, and compare that to your turnover costs and look to see if you are actually "saving" money at all. Stop hiring and/or retaining employees that need to be on a leash so you can get rid of the ball and chain culture. Start prioritizing things that make your performing employees happier, rather than focusing on keeping... tenured employees that don't earn their keep comfortable and safe.

MGA Healthcare2018-05-09

May 10, 2018Social Media & Marketing

We appreciate your feedback and agree wholeheartedly on the importance of employee satisfaction as well as a healthy work-life balance. We are happy to hear you gained valuable experience and felt optimistic about opportunities for growth with MGA. Should you be open to sharing more about your experience, we'd like to learn more. Please email customerservice@mgahealthcare.com.

3. "Administrative Assistant"

I have been working at MGA Healthcare

Pros

Great opportunity and networking with health professionals!

Cons

Extremely unresponsive and very long breaks in between assignments

MGA Healthcare2017-11-26

December 1, 2017Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your review. We would like to better understand the communication issue you've described. Please email customerservice@mgahealthcare.com if you are open to speaking with a member of our management team.

4. "Admin Assistant (UCSF)"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great opportunity to get your foot in the world of healthcare - Are able to work with one of the best hospitals in healthcare (UCSF) - Helpful recruiter (Jonathan) - Paid training

Cons

- Low compensation ($17/hour) - Worked in a department that promised a chance of becoming a permanent employee, but instead continued to extend my temp position until I decided to quit - Even after MGA hires you, you still have to interview and compete to get the "assignment" jobs

MGA Healthcare2017-10-16

October 20, 2017Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you saw MGA as an ally in opportunity. We strive to offer competitive, meaningful compensation and are sorry to hear a permanent position with our company was not realized.

5. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oakland, CA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a great opportunity to gain experience in the hospital setting if you have little to no experience. Great way to get your foot in the door in the healthcare industry and to make relevant connections with healthcare administrators and providers. Potential to get hired full-time by the hospital.

Cons

The onboarding process can be lengthy. The pay is not reasonable for the standard of living in the bay area and while they mention you can get a pay increase if you get good reviews from your hospital managers, it wasn't clear that it would occur after a year of employment with MGA. Health insurance obtained through MGA is expensive and no PTO or benefits.

Advice to Management

Management made it seem like it would be easy to get an assignment right away, but it took almost a month to receive my first assignment due to "lack of experience" and I had to interview several departments before actually receiving an offer (it was not clear I had to interview the departments as well, although it does make sense.) So I would suggest being transparent about the process and the wait that employees... might experience at first. My recruiter was nice, but I felt pressured to leave my previous job in order to be available for an assignment right away only to wait an additional month.

MGA Healthcare2017-08-11

August 22, 2017Social Media & Marketing

Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. We are happy to hear that you gained experience and connections that will help propel your career. We value your advice to our management team and will be sure to pass it along.

Found 90 reviews