MGA Homecare Reviews | Glassdoor

MGA Homecare Reviews

Updated Sep 4, 2019

4.3
MGA Homecare CEO David Zowine (no image)
David Zowine

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at MGA Homecare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working in home healthcare is a life changing experience. The company does everything they can to ensure you are getting hours and that you are in a safe and compatible work environment.

Cons

They don’t pay mileage

MGA Homecare2019-09-04

September 5, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We continually strive to make MGA a great place to work for all clinicians.

2. "Rewarding"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at MGA Homecare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great experience and work culture

Cons

Being on call but that's pretty much it

MGA Homecare2019-08-23

August 26, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for feedback. We hope MGA continues to be a positive work experience for you.

3. "Pediatric Home Care"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MGA Homecare full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Flexible Schedule - Great Support Staff from Recruiters (Aum'Arie is amazing in Dallas), Case Managers, HR Coordinator, RN Coordinators, and Clinical RN Staff: Anytime there is a question or support is needed in the home, someone is available 24/7 to guide in home nurses. This is one of the best supports I have ever had in a new job. - Training available if needed - Great medical benefits - PRN hours if... requested

Cons

- No compensation for travel or new family interviews

Advice to Management

- Keep up the amazing work and keep empowering new nurses to take care of the our pediatric patients to provide nursing quality care! - Look at possible compensation for travel and meet and greets with new families

MGA Homecare2019-08-19

August 20, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We’re always striving to provide ongoing support to our clinicians and we appreciate your honest feedback.

4. "Home"

Current Employee - Director of Operations in Austin, TX

I have been working at MGA Homecare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

At MGA you feel like you're a part of something bigger. Dave and the upper management truly care about your success and well being and will go above and beyond for you - to help you grow personally and professionally and make you feel apart of the family.

Cons

Taking care of medically fragile children and their families comes with difficulty times and conversations but the positives outweigh those negatives. You can sleep well at night knowing your are making a difference in someone's life.

MGA Homecare2019-07-28

July 29, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for your very kind review and for everything you’ve done to make MGA Homecare what it is today. We’re proud to have you as part of the MGA Homecare family!

5. "Self proclaimed “Bro Culture”"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at MGA Homecare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not too many. Some of my coworkers were cool and down to earth.

Cons

Pay wasn’t great, the work entailed calling numbers from a spreadsheet all day (a lot of the numbers weren’t even real).

MGA Homecare2019-08-11

August 14, 2019Marketing Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and provide us with feedback. It’s our ongoing goal to make MGA Homecare a great environment for our team members and those we serve. We have escalated your concerns to our management team and recommend you reach out to mgacares@mgahomecare.com if you’d like to discuss further.

"Very honest company! Great workplace to establish a career!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MGA Homecare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Collaborative culture, open communication - Honest leadership, management is very approachable - A fun atmosphere which allows me to be myself and bring out my personality - I really enjoy helping families and children, this job is very rewarding. I've been in retail for much of my life and I absolutely love working for this company - Office is filled with very passionate people, everyone is very caring -... Tons of room for growth, MGA has allowed me to grow into a career that I love doing - Incentives are available for individuals to promote growth - Stability, most employees in the office have been employed with MGA for years

Cons

- Recruiting can be unpredictable, it takes time for most individuals to get comfortable handling certain situations.

Advice to Management

Management is very honest, they have played a huge part of my development here. Very approachable if I have any questions or concerns. Very available.

MGA Homecare2019-05-14

May 15, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re happy to hear you've had a positive experience with MGA Homecare and enjoy being a part of the culture we’ve worked hard to build here. We’re proud to have you as part of the MGA Homecare family!

7. "Love the People You Work With"

Current Employee - Administrator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MGA Homecare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company culture is one that really encourages employees to be genuine, which cultivates an environment where people enjoy coming to work. Everyone works towards a common goal, which shows in our level of service.

Cons

The hours can be long at times, but its part of the industry we serve.

MGA Homecare2019-05-13

May 14, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re happy to hear you've had a positive experience with us and are glad to have you as part of the MGA Homecare family!

8. "Experience so far"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at MGA Homecare full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love it here at the MGA Austin office. Drew is the best manager that i have ever had. Pay is decent but could be a little better starting out. The team here in office is outstanding and second to none.

Cons

Cold calling can get a little old; but what job doesn't involve cold calling?

Advice to Management

More team outings

MGA Homecare2019-05-09

May 14, 2019Marketing Manager

We appreciate you leaving such a positive review! We strive to make MGA Homecare a place where people are excited to come to work and we hope you continue having a great experience with us.

9. "Treated well"

Former Employee - R N

I worked at MGA Homecare part-time

Pros

They treat their employees well

Cons

Low pay compared to hospital jobs

MGA Homecare2019-05-17
  10. "Flexible schedule not worth the headache"

Current Employee - Private Duty Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at MGA Homecare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, good clinical educator

Cons

Not reliable hours, poor pay

Advice to Management

Pay policy should be revised. All work should be paid at the same rate, whether training or actually providing care. Often feel as though company profits are most important and prioritized over everything else.

MGA Homecare2019-05-10

May 10, 2019Marketing Manager

At MGA Homecare we strive to provide competitive pay and benefits for all employees. We appreciate your feedback and have forwarded it to our management team. Thank you.

Found 33 reviews