- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Los Angeles, CA
- - Century City, CA
- - Beverly Hills, CA
- - Culver City, CA
- - Michigan
- - Detroit, MI Area
- - Detroit, MI
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - Mississippi
- Ireland - All Cities
- - Wicklow
- - Dublin, Ireland Area
- - Wicklow
- Italy - All Cities
- - Lombardy
- - Milan, Italy Area
- - Milan
Found 141 of over 156 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "The people are great." (in 17 reviews)
- "Good benefits" (in 9 reviews)
- "Work/life balance is good, of course, there are times that more is demanded of you, but then you can make up for it in the downtime." (in 4 reviews)
- "Great employees... meeting people of different cultures...every other day meeting celebrities is another cool aspect of the job" (in 4 reviews)
- "People and culture are great." (in 4 reviews)
- "Low pay and difficult to get promoted" (in 7 reviews)
- "Management in this department is childish, immature, and manipulative." (in 6 reviews)
- "long hours, as is the film industry, and unpredictable shift times" (in 5 reviews)
- "upper management is not supportive and demeaning" (in 4 reviews)
- "Senior management does not communicate well." (in 3 reviews)
- Former Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★May 4, 2022 - VP Media in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great People! Great Management! Great Community of Co-workers! Worked for MGM Television from 1996-2005. Truly is the high point of my career so far!
There were no "cons" working for this great iconic studio!
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 21, 2022 - FinanceRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
cool place with lots of film and tv history
upper management is not supportive and demeaning
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 3, 2022 - Financial CoordinatorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people, movie screenings, location
Pay could be a tad better
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct 19, 2022 - Senior Tax Accountant in Los Angeles, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Happy working atmosphere. I have a good Department head.
Benefits such as vocation and 401k are not as good after the Amazon acquisition. Gets a lot busier since Amazon acquisition, because of those meetings and all other requests outside of your regular work. Rate is not as high as market rate.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 12, 2022 - Senior Vice PresidentRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
An iconic company with 100 years in the industry. Great team of co-workers and leaders.
Don't meet market standards for pay.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jul 28, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- management does care about your career development - great work and life balance
- uncertainty of the future due to the merger
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jul 8, 2022 - Legal AssistantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Lots of help from everyone on the team. Everyone is open to questions.
Difficult to grow out of assistant.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
My boss doesn't micromanage me
Sub-standard benefits, low pay, lack of professionalism of middle managementContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★May 16, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
open to changing old habits
their business affairs need upgrade
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★May 21, 2022 - Executive Assistant in Beverly Hills, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
My direct team was great to work with.
The company was very disorganized and there was no central leadership. It was often difficult to get help, support, and tools from the company.
MGM Studios Reviews FAQs
MGM Studios has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 156 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at MGM Studios to a friend and 38% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
59% of MGM Studios employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MGM Studios 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.