MHM Services Reviews in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

Baltimore, MD

1.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael S. Pinkert

Pros
  • Paid time off excellent; Corporate events; Management cares about the team; Great supervisor; potential for growth if starting out in the field (in 5 reviews)

• Interesting work otherwise there is none (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover stay away please take this review seriously I am not A disgruntled employee I feel I need to warn people about this business (in 9 reviews)

• Currently no room for growth, everyone is pretty much locked in (in 5 reviews)

1. "MHM is corrupt"

Current Contractor - Mental Health Professional in Baltimore, MD
    Current Contractor - Mental Health Professional in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MHM Services as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always available shifts to pick up.

Cons

New middle management micromanages to the fullest extent. She is inexperienced in corrections and doesn't have a clue. New forms are being created unnecessarily and revised every week. They have a calendar online that makes it look like there is actual coverage but that's to make the state think that they are fulfilling contract obligations. New manager is not utilizing any software or other ways to track data. Staff are expected to enter data on excel spreadsheet daily, which is so outdated. If you work for MHM do not expect a raise. I received .15 cent raise in three years there. It's pathetic. Corporate doesn't care that there is high turnover. They are only interested in warm bodies, no matter how incompetent the staff are.

Advice to Management

Quit hiring young and inexperienced people who have limited knowledge about effective data tracking techniques and poor communication skills. Hire those who are seasoned in corrections. Corrections operates differently than community mental health.

"Do not work here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Plenty of PDO offered... But good luck trying to use it.

Cons

Very unorganized company. Horrible working conditions. Poor management and very little respect for employees.

"This company SUCKS!!!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MHM Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At least you have a job.

Cons

They don't pay you the right amount that you earned. You accrue all this leave, but are not allowed to use it d/t "coverage needs". The regional manager is verbally abusive, and talks about you behind your back to medical staff, which gives you a bad reputation amongst your peers. And she is a pathological liar. State management does not care what goes on on the site, as long as that money from the contract is coming in. Quick to fire, slow to hire. Then they expect the remaining employees to pick up the slack, like we don't have lives of our own. Advice to the wise if you are looking for a decent job: RUN Forrest! RUN!!!

Advice to Management

Fire yourself. Replace yourself with people who are equitable, fair, and true professionals.

"Dispensable"

Current Contractor - Mental Health in Baltimore, MD
    Current Contractor - Mental Health in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MHM Services as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Health insurance is good. Benefits as far as paid days off is a joke because you have to find your own coverage

Cons

You are Dispensable! They don't care about employees and prove this in the way they treat workers. Regional manager lies and will say anything to make himself sound good but doesn't follow through. As long as they have a warm body they don't care about the quality of or the competency of that worker. The work environment is filthy. The regional manager is famous for saying if workers don't like things than they can leave., whether the worker's concern is valid or not. There is so much disorganization and lack of communication that it creates a chaotic work environment. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing! The very worst management I have ever been witness to. I will never work for a contract provider ever again.!

Advice to Management

Come to the actual work place and know your workers and conditions of workplace

"Unpredictable, Unethical, Unprofesdional, poorly Qualified supervisors (Unlicensed)"

Former Employee - Counselor in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Counselor in Baltimore, MD

I worked at MHM Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely no cons to working for this employer

Cons

Extremely low employee morale, many complaints about direct supervisor (coordinator) as well as with regional office (program manager and above), licensed professionals are supervised by UNLICENSED persons, poor compensation, difficult to use earned leave, you are dispensable and only needed to fill a shift, employees disclose feeling threatened to lose their jobs, clients are not valued and are provided substandard services.

Advice to Management

Advice to COO: clean house and get a team of persons who do not lose focus of the company's so-called mission (if they even have one). For all we know their mission could be to provide the minimum of services with the least of resources. Forget about ethics!!

"Company with bad reputation of treatment of employees..."

Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MHM Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You WILL be hired for the job because they desperately need employees (clinicians/counselors).

Cons

Too many to list. See review summary.

Advice to Management

I was totally unaware of the extremely low employee morale upon hire. My first day there I was confronted with disgruntled employees who were responsible for "training" me. Everyone has issues with the direct supervisor as well as with regional management. Almost every employee there was actively seeking other employment. In the shirt number of months I was there, 5 employees departed. Compensation is extremely poor, considering YOU must be licensed, experienced, knowledgable, and willing to work in an at risk environment. However, YOU will be supervised by unlicensed persons. You earn a generous amount of leave, but will have difficulty when you try to use it. You will be hired for the position because they are always in desperate need of someone to fill a shift for the moment, hour, day, or week. Know that you are dispensable and when you showthat you have a backbone you will be considered unvooperative and targeted. If you attempt to get any issues resolved utilizing regional management, they will inform the other party (direct supervisor) and collectively go against you. Many employees express feeling threatened (to lose their jobs) on a basis. The tension amongst the staff is unbelievable. Neither are you or the clientele are valued. MHM's only concern is meeting the minimum requirements of their contract. Know, they recently LOST their contract for the Delaware corrections facility due to their poor performance. Best of luck.

"Laid back"

Current Employee - PAYROLL Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - PAYROLL Associate in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MHM Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

no pressure, no one watching over everything you do, open for suggestions

Cons

Turn over in hourly is unbelievable

Advice to Management

Put yourself on the hourley employees level