MHN Government Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"First experience working with a government contractor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

I worked at MHN Government Services (Less than a year)

Pros

I found it outstanding for the company to compensate me to complete my 400 hours required for a fellowship as a financial counselor. Otherwise, I would have been paying very expensive daycare expenses, while earning nothing at work. This company allowed me the ability to earn money, which more than helped to offset daycare expenses, and I was able to successfully complete my 400 practicum hours earning the Accredited Financial Counselor (AFC). I will always appreciate this company. It was a great company to work for.

Cons

I learned that working with a government contractor one must be flexible. When I say flexible, I mean about almost everything. For example, you may be hired with a certain compensation and benefit package, then after the contract is up the contractor, in order to beat all other bids being submitted to the government, may change your pay or other benefits, to obtain the contract. This never happened to me, but I saw it happen to others doing contract work in other companies.

Advice to Management

NA

"Military Family Life Counselor"

Former Employee - Military Family Life Counselor in National City, CA
    Former Employee - Military Family Life Counselor in National City, CA

I worked at MHN Government Services (Less than a year)

Pros

MHN Government services is a very organized and team oriented organization. I enjoyed the assignment of working directly with the school system. I also found the materials to be innovative and much needed for student and family success with handling deployments.

Cons

Flexibility for employee sick leave would be helpful.

Advice to Management

My Supervisor was exceptional and very helpful, regular staff meetings aided in accountability and in program development. Enabling triage between clinicians in supporting events would interest more military family participation and promote more interest.

3. "Embedded SPA MFLC"

Current Employee - Embedded SPA in Twentynine Palms, CA
    Current Employee - Embedded SPA in Twentynine Palms, CA

I have been working at MHN Government Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Schedule flexibility, good support from management

Cons

No paid leave and limited health plan

5. "MFLC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Topsail Beach, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Topsail Beach, NC

I have been working at MHN Government Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

The ability to serve our military members and their families is the biggest PRO there is. The mission of the company is clear. In addition, the opportunity of working along side truly top notch professionals cannot be replicated elsewhere.

Cons

As with all large companies the efficiency of communication can be improved.

Advice to Management

None

"MFLC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at MHN Government Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, mission of program is wonderful. Most of their colleagues are easy to work with.

Cons

Transparency within higher management could be improved. Navigating promotion or movement within company is not clear.

Advice to Management

Transparency within the workforce would be appreciated. Taking the time to show or tell employees about job well done would be appreciated by many.

"Military and Family Life Counsultant"

Former Employee - Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in New Orleans, LA

I worked at MHN Government Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the best companies that I have worked with, they are very proffessional and are very detailed bound and are great to lay down the job requirements.

Cons

There really is no cons on this company, they are straight upfront from the beginning, maybe the only cos are that they have to re-apply for government contracts every so many years

Advice to Management

Keep on applying for government contracts as I believe you are the best, you were a pleasure to work for and I hope to work with your company again.

"Great clientele, horrible company"

Former Employee - MFLC in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - MFLC in San Rafael, CA

I worked at MHN Government Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people on the military bases were incredible; the soldiers, sailors and airmen and their families were wonderful to work with.
    It was great to work overseas.

Cons

During the time I worked as an MFLC, MHN changed. We went from being consultants, (with a reducing hourly wage in a time of inflation) to being employees, with no benefits, subpar accommodations, no per diem for CONUS jobs, etc.
    The team was sometimes great, sometimes not. The Team Leads were generally unsupportive of the people in the field.

Advice to Management

Offer a fair compensation package
    Care about our military and your staff as much as you care about yourselves.

"MHNGS"

Current Employee - MFLC in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - MFLC in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at MHN Government Services part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The focus is on making a difference in behavioral health and wellness. It delivers a broad range of behavioral health services to Active, Guard and Reserve service members and their families as well as to Veterans. Their capabilities include non-medical counseling, state-of-the-art call centers, financial counseling, psycho-education, rapid response and victim support services.

MHNGS is focused on delivering effective behavioral health services in flexible formats to meet the diverse needs of their customers. Therefore, they provide services onsite, telephonically or online, from one day to long term, these services can be mobile and are routinely delivered worldwide.

Cons

You have to be willing to be very flexible, traveling and living away from home for long periods of time.

Advice to Management

To be sensitive to the challenges of travel and being away from home, and the physical and mental cost required to make it happen.

"Good Company"

Current Employee - MFLC in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - MFLC in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at MHN Government Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No benefits Adding Insurance.. Allows for some independence.

Cons

Lack of security.Contract now guaranteed.

Advice to Management

None

"Can Do Better"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at MHN Government Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Focus on providing mental health and EAP to government services.
    - Great cross-functional department relationships.

Cons

- Too many "band-aids" used to fix internal problems; no time to fix root cause of problems.
    - Questionable supervisors and managers; upper management (director and above) are good.
    - Talented people overworked and/or leaving company.

Advice to Management

- Motivate workers WITHOUT using threats of replacing them.