MHRC Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert A Sommers

"nurse"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at MHRC (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team work. Full time does not require weekends.

Cons

Working with violent patients, pay is low.

Advice to Management

raise wages

2. "mental health professional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I worked at MHRC (More than a year)

Pros

Great focus on the clients and their needs, to include MH and SA needs, ancillary needs such as health care, housing, prescriptions, food. Team approach. Annual increase in salaries, company would also contribute more funds into 401K when they had a profit. Not something I have found with other companies.

Cons

At times that home office tended to micromanage.

"Mostly positive, with some caveats"

Current Employee - Clinical Social Worker in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Clinical Social Worker in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at MHRC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with the clients, and I enjoy my coworkers. We have a lot of fun, which is necessary while dealing with this demanding population. I have personally succeeded in this company and I get along well with most of my colleagues and superiors. HOWEVER, upper management is out of touch with us on the "front line". I don't think they understand the magnitude of some of the issues we deal with on a daily basis. Or maybe they do, but it's not communicated to us.

Cons

Way too much paperwork and not enough time in which to complete it, always understaffed, not enough ongoing training offered, computer systems need updating, overcomplicating processes which could be made much easier, a lot of burned out employees who should have left long ago. I think the need to be fully staffed is so great that a lot of truly problematic employees are allowed to get away with things they shouldn't, or aren't given the support and time off they need to recharge, come back and do the important work they need to do.

Advice to Management

Be more involved with all of the programs, not just your "pet projects". When considering adding forms, think about simplicity and streamlining, and the effect this will have on employee morale and patient care. Allow us to truly help out clients to be independent, and encourage TRUE recovery and transitioning out of intensive programs. Bonuses would be great, too.

"Very dishonest administration."

Current Employee - Mental Health Tech in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Mental Health Tech in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at MHRC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the patients only. The patients are the best part of the whole job. That is what I and all the other in patient employees get paid for. Gives me a great feeling that I helped someone and listened to them.

Cons

Often abuse is overlooked. If employees report abuse to administration it is held against you and they turn a lot of the coworkers against you. If you report patient abuse you are labeled as untrustworthy by the other employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to the patient complaints. Don't blow them off like they are just crazy and no one would believe them anyway. If an employee reports abuse stop retaliating against those employees. Report abuse as you are required to by the state of Florida laws.

"I worked as a psychiatrist"

Former Employee - Staff Psychiatrist in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Staff Psychiatrist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at MHRC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team leader on the FACT team

Cons

Horrible working conditions. I worked on the FACT team as a psychiatrist. Though the team members were wonderful they were put under great duress by the company. I also covered weekends at one of their inpatient facilities. I routinely had to see 6-9 new admissions on the adult unit and 6-8 new admissions on the child/adolescent unit on both Saturday and Sunday. One day I saw SIXTY patients. I called the CEO, Bob Sommers and his reply: That must be a record!! Psychiatrists are treated like slaves

Advice to Management

Pay less rent for your ultra elegant headquarters and hire more psychiatrists to cover the enormous work load. Stop letting clerks, UR people, and other non MD's attack and assault the doctors. Horrible work environment

"Not Bad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

great benefits, being able to help the children

Cons

too many hours, underpaid, no social life

Advice to Management

NA

7. "Mental Health Resource"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stuart, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stuart, FL

Pros

Great benefits and flexible job. FACT team that utilizes company car for travel.

Cons

No career growth for nursing staff. Co workers are petty

Advice to Management

Offer local career growth for nursing staff

"Family services counselor"

Pros

The Coworkers I had were the best possible, always willing to help each other out and support.

Cons

Half of the supervisors had no idea what was going on and no idea about the cases they should be fully are of, the management treated all fscs as if yet were all replaceable and used them for what they could, never backed them up or suported them when need be. All the care about is numbers and making sure they rank well as a company so the funding continues to come in. There was no such concept as flexing out time when you work over time and no such thing as a 40 hour work week, try 60+, and no compensation

Advice to Management

Get all new management

9. "Worked as member of thirteen person mh theraputic fact team."

Former Employee - MSW
    Former Employee - MSW

I worked at MHRC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

provided supportive services to client's diagnosed with severe and persistant mental illness.

Cons

Poor pay, difficult population, management is disorganized, corporate is all about new monies and program enhancement, understaffed

Advice to Management

better corporate support, progress note software, career advancement, compensation, supervison

10. "Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

I love working with children so if you are a kid person, perfect place to work.

Cons

It's very challenging and difficult sometimes dealing with behaviors of some of the kids, but you have to remember they are children.

Advice to Management

Reward when it's obvious that an employee has gone above and beyond.