KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Oracle
Is this your company?

MICROS Systems

Add a Review

MICROS Systems Employee Reviews about "training"

Updated May 13, 2022

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Recently 3 people left this department as a result of poor management.(in 40 reviews)
  • "Pay is low and increases can be hard to come by, although no company just gives away pay increases.(in 27 reviews)
  • "No training opportunities(in 19 reviews)
  • "Salary is not competitive and the only way to get a rise is to get promoted.(in 11 reviews)
  • "The managers here understand that the schedule is ridiculous but all are too cowardly to raise the point with the CEO.(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of MICROS Systems and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "training"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee

Keep looking. You can do much better than MICROS.

Dec 3, 2011 - Faceless Cog In the Corporate Machine in Columbia, MD
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good location close to Rt 29 and I95. Nice building with plenty of parking. Good cafeteria on site with decent food. Well known name in the industry. I worked with a few project managers and developers who were smart, dedicated and nice guys.

Cons

The mad rush of cars exiting the MICROS parking lot at exactly 5 PM is very telling. People hate this place. I was a tester assigned to a division working on e-commerce applications. I was also involved in the development of new applications for the iPad and iPhone. I came into the job excited, enthusiastic and eager to learn. After all, MICROS is a well known name in the industry and I was going to be involved in some of the newest technologies. It took me about 2 days on the job to realize that something is very wrong with this company. I was stunned to learn that there is no documentation department. As a new tester I wanted to read the user manuals for the products I was going to be testing. Guess what..there aren't any. Absolutely unbelievable. The environment is incredibly rigid with draconian rules about everything. Flextime? Forget it. Sick day? Bring a doctor's note. Want to check your G-mail account? Blocked. In fact, the web filter is so rigid that I couldn't even go to the web site of the health care provider to register for my health insurance. Ridiculous! I guess registering for health insurance wasn't 'work related' enough to justify web access. Development relies heavily on imported H1B Visa labor. Micros loves H1B workers. These are good people who are essentially indentured servants. They can be underpaid and abused and generally are. Development is rushed and sloppy. Requirements? Functional Specifications? Design Document? All non-existent or amateurish. QA is poorly implemented. Training and mentoring are non-existent. You will be micro managed and watched. You will hide in the stair well to make a personal call on your cell phone. You will take lunch from exactly 12 to 1 regardless of what else you have going on. You will be told that 'chit chat is prohibited during working hours'. Yes, my boss actually told me this while having a coffee break with a new coworker. You will hate your life and question how a company this bad continues to exist. I left MICROS after about 6 months and landed a job making 20k more. I should have left after 6 days.

Continue reading