MINDBODY Data Conversion Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Rick Stollmeyer

"Best years of my life"

Former Employee - Data Conversion Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Most companies preach that they care about their employees but MB actually deliveries on that promise. They provide not only a cool place to work at but the company culture is phenomenal. The company perks and benefits are unparalleled compared to other local large companies. - They are continually evolving, taking leadership of mistakes and the CEO actually cares about the clients and the people around him. - They hire not only talented people but also people that are inline with the company culture. This makes working there fun and energetic. - They have free fruit and coffee plus a healthy bistro where you can order fresh food. - There is lots of room for professional growth.

Cons

- I was happy with my salary but I often heard others complain about not being compensated correctly. They did hire a compensation manager to ensure everyone was getting fairly compensated.

MINDBODY2016-07-11

"The Company Has Lost Its Heart"

Data Conversion Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY for more than a year

Pros

The work atmosphere is generally good. The people are nice. Decent 401(k) match: 100% match up to 3% of your salary then 50% match between 4% and 5% of your salary. Good health benefits for the employee, though you have to be management to get affordable coverage for your dependents. Very good stock option: purchase MB stock at a discounted rate up to 15% of your salary.

Cons

If you're hourly, the trend has been towards micromanagement. There is not a lot of transparency around salaries or departmental budgets. If you live in the San Luis Obispo County, the pay doesn't justify itself against the cost of living (to be fair, this is more of a county-wide issue).

Advice to Management

Communicate clearly and effectively. Don't micromanage (your employees are actually very good at their jobs). Be transparent about change because there is a lot of it. Employees look to their managers for stability and confidence.

MINDBODY2016-07-08
  3. "Great Company to work for!"

Data Conversion Specialist

I have been working at MINDBODY

Pros

Environment, great people,great way of life!

Cons

None come to mind,great environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

MINDBODY2015-03-06
  4. "Mindbody Review"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Mindbody walks the talk when it comes to treating their employees well. - They hire each employee with great care, making sure they fit well in the Mindbody lifestyle. This ensures that you have a whole company of rock stars. - Benefits are great.

Cons

- There are some weak or lack of company policies that can hamper various parts of work life. For the most part, these don't effect you in a major way.

MINDBODY2014-10-10

"Great company, awful pay"

Current Employee - Data Conversion Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for less than a year

Pros

The CEO is a very inspiring leader. The culture here is one of the best I've ever had the privilege to be a part of. Co-workers are friendly and very helpful. This company walks the talk regarding their values and the importance of work/life balance, like no other company I know of. And how many companies can you get a massage while at work? That's pretty cool. Also they give us fruit and other perks like MINDBODY Exchange bucks which can be used for different wellness services, including spas, hair salons, yoga, massage, etc. Bright future from a financial growth standpoint.

Cons

San Luis Obispo is a very expensive place to live. The compensation at MINDBODY does not come close to matching what it takes to live in this "rich person's paradise" -- except perhaps if you are a very high-level manager and are willing to take a serious pay cut. Good vibes and balanced chakras are nice, but unfortunately I can't pay my rent with them. It's too bad, because I still feel that in most other ways, this is a great company. Also, interdepartmental communication is criminally lacking. In some ways it feels the company still wants to act like it's a startup and emphasize individual flexibility and "being organic" to get things done. That works great for 25-30 employees, but you are now at 1000 employees worldwide and growing. In truth, I feel sorry for our clients who have to deal with our different departments who don't talk to each other and don't know what the other departments do. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

Advice to Management

Actually, I don't know if I have any. Somehow you are able to get amazing people to work for you at bargain basement rates, so from a business perspective you are obviously doing something right. It's a win-win for the company and the clients, who make tons of profit and get a high-value product at a very affordable price, respectively. But the employees all need to move to Santa Maria, Atascadero, or somewhere more affordable to be able to work here. I guess if you want the really amazing people to stay, you'd consider giving them a decent bonus or raise every now and then. But maybe award plaques and recess activities fill that void for some people. Regarding interdepartmental communication -- someone needs to take responsibility for coordinating across all the different (and growing) departments, and be compensated accordingly. Your attitude is a great foundation-- now it's time to execute like a professional.

MINDBODY2014-09-04

"The best work life ever"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Rick Stollmeyer is an inspiring example of someone who walks the talk. He has a very specific idea of company culture and successfully shares that with everyone who works here. The onsite chef, yoga classes and massage are awesome. Excellent benefits and good pay, but the best part of the job is the pleasure of being around people who are supportive and excited to do what they do.

Cons

The parking situation has become problematic. Management is on top of it and has implemented creative solutions, while planning for the future.

MINDBODY2013-08-22