MINDBODY Implementation Coach Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2015

4.4
MINDBODY Co-Founder & CEO Rick Stollmeyer
Rick Stollmeyer

"This is the best company that I have worked for in 15 years!"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

They really seem to care about us and people and making sure we are happy. Appreciated people work harder! We have endless resources to assist us and our clients. The atmosphere is very positive, humble and helpful!

Cons

The company is growing quickly and it seems like we need more support in most areas, especially with tech support and training coaches. I think that they are currently working to hire new people and gets these spots filled.

MINDBODY2015-05-08

"A place for low pay and conformity"

Former Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are great, benefits are an A+. Like many, this was a way to get career experience and then move on to bigger paychecks at more stable and serious companies.

Cons

There's definitely a lot wrong with this picture. I finally figured out that Mindbody is a branding mastermind when it comes to making it sound like the career Emerald City, luring in poor recent Cal Poly graduates desperate to stay in beautiful San Luis Obispo and they'll take any job. Benefits are passed off as some magic deal instead of proper pay. There are a lot of people being taken advantage of here. Overall, it's not a professional environment. People wear yoga pants and entirely inappropriate clothes to the office, you're encouraged to drink, etc., and it's all in the name of company culture. Throw in the 10 commandments, I mean Core Values, and you have yourself a cult. You're encouraged to "be yourself" and "develop your career path", but don't be fooled-- the only way to be successful is to conform and don't speak up about anything. Upward movement is a joke even if you have the qualifications.

Advice to Management

Follow through with promises. Listen to the little guys. Upper management is quite out of touch and we all know it except for you (it's kind of embarrassing).

MINDBODY2015-03-31
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Great job for young person in transition"

Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY

Pros

Flexible. Healthy environment. Mindbody bucks to use at local businesses that use mindbody, so I can have gym membership nearly for free! Met a lot of great people and good resume builder.

Cons

The pay is not nearly as high as competing tech companies.

Advice to Management

Pay increases please!

MINDBODY2015-02-11
  5. "As Advertised!"

Current Employee - Implementation Coach in Southampton, NY

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome work culture, supportive and positive co-workers, benefits and wellness perks! MB is headed in the right direction with work culture and work/life balance. Yoga balls, beer and laughter here.

Cons

Would love to stay around with Mindbody as an employee longer, however most room for growth is located in San Luis Obispo. The starting pay is good for entry level openings, but with the cost of living where offices are located could be even better, these may be factors in high turnover/loss of talent seen.

Advice to Management

As the company grows continue to seek promoting/hiring great leaders, not managers. Hire for potential and not always experience. :)

MINDBODY2015-01-23

"Implementation Coach"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

MINDBODY offers great perks, like any young tech company. Yoga balls, stand up desks, new buildings with slides are but a few included benefits. The Implementation department is moving in a positive direction and leadership within the department is extremely supportive. The CEO is very involved and appears to have the employees in mind with each decision he makes. It's a great place if you want a work-life balance and motivation to be a healthier person inside and out.

Cons

With any young and growing company there are growing pains. I believe the company is growing faster than it can support, and it seems like the company is struggling to keep their top performers in customer service roles. There seems to be a lack of communication between departments, but I am hopeful that this will eventually improve.

Advice to Management

I would suggest taking a more forthcoming approach with information regarding in what direction the department is moving.

MINDBODY2014-10-16

"So far, so good."

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility. Wellness cards to practice what we preach. Events. Work space. The culture.

Cons

Not being able to park on site. So much learning so little time.

Advice to Management

Don't throw everything in at once. Learning or adapting to a new process its hard on its own, trying to learn multiple things at once is that much more overwhelming. Have our backs, we're trying to help you, so help us:)

MINDBODY2014-09-16

"Fun."

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

Within working here 1 year they encourage you to move within the company, and apply to different positions. They even have a team that will help you out. Everyone is friendly and always smiling, creates a good working environment. Also, they encourage you do live an active life with the wellness program, and makes it easy to leave work at work.

Cons

I would say pay for certain positions could be better. No incentives in some departments, so there is not much incentive to better yourself within that position other than for self satisfaction. Not much recognition within some departments.

Advice to Management

Pay. Some departments seem to be the underdogs, when in reality they are very important for the success of the company, but do not seem to be compensated to satisfaction for what they do. If pay can not change, then at least giving recognition.

MINDBODY2014-07-17
  9. "I'm a person, not a number!"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really good benefits, amazing core values, great leadership, and a happy environment. Really obtainable goals to hit, and the appreciation parties we get are pretty awesome. The fact that I'm actually a person, and not a number is really great. Working here literally makes me enjoy work again.

Cons

I feel like a lot of people take advantage of the relaxed environment, and just maintain the bare minimum.

MINDBODY2014-06-13

"One of the best choices of my life."

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

The entire company is amazing. Everyone is extremely helpful and welcoming. It's like walking into a small town where everyone waves and and says hello. Your co-workers and higher ups deeply care for you and your position in the company. Everyone wants you to succeed. You also get plenty of paid time off, $65/mo to spend on wellness services, and a smile on your face all day.

Cons

Too easy going sometimes. Everyone is given a chance which is a great thing, but this gives a lot of room for people to float by.

Advice to Management

Take more time to meet with your teams and departments. Any time I've had interaction with management, Department head and higher, it's been great, but they rarely happen.

MINDBODY2014-05-06
  11. "The best company you will ever work for!"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

• They treat their employees with respect • There is a huge focus on health and wellness within the culture • The company is very driven by their core values • Employees receive health benefits 60 days into employment • Employees start to accrue PTO from day one of employment • The managers are knowledgeable and would never require something from you they were not willing to do themselves

Cons

I have yet to come across any cons in this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

MINDBODY2014-05-07