MINDBODY Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
MINDBODY Co-Founder & CEO Rick Stollmeyer
Rick Stollmeyer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Benefits Co-workers Work/Life Balance Career Advancement (in 35 reviews)

• There is a real commitment to operating consistent with the core values as stated by the company which contributes to an ideal work space (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • With everything that's happened, I am skeptical of any office that's not located in Scottsdale or San Luis Obispo closing (in 18 reviews)

• Company is growing and finding its groove as a global software company (in 18 reviews)

1. "Positive & Ethical"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits and ethical corporate behavior

Cons

Constant evolution of process and product can be stressful at times

2. "Chill culture, great fives, expanding quickly"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work and you work with a lot of awesome people.
    Awesome pay, commission and base really allows you to control how much you're making
    Team is supportive and guides you along the way to become your best self.
    Opportunities for growth are always there
    401K and Employee Stock Sharing are phenomenal
    $65 a month wellness card to go try out businesses in the Health and Wellness industry
    You really learn to love what you do, and help people accomplish their goals.
    The culture is really what separates Mindbody from a lot of other software companies
    They set you up for success with all the tools that you need to become not only a better consultant, but a better person.

Cons

No downsides to it, it's all about what you put into it. The mindset that you brin determines how the job will be for you, and it's been pretty phenomenal for me.

Advice to Management

Keep everything in house, let's continue growing in the direction we're growing. Everything we're doing is setting us all up for success. I look forward to seeing what we bring to the table, and can't wait for the next coming years! Let's keep the ball rolling, ATL!

3. "Account Development"

Current Employee - Account Development
    Current Employee - Account Development

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Purpose driven company. Onsite wellness perks.

Cons

Severely underpaid compared to other tech companies. Sales is micromanaged with unsophisticated culture. No autonomy or remote options. Burn out and turn over is common. It’s a pit stop onto bigger and better.

Advice to Management

Follow industry example in terms of pay and trust in your employees.

4. "Account Development Specialist"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People and culture are fantastic, morally sound, energetic and exciting to be a part of this growing team. Great leadership

Cons

Goals but they are not hard, ever changing tech to keep up with the market but it keeps it interesting

5. "Awesome Job"

Current Employee - Tech Support Specialist in Santa Maria, CA
    Current Employee - Tech Support Specialist in Santa Maria, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wellness Card, Great Co-Workers, Helpful & Laid Back Team Leads, Cool CEO, Fair Pay, Job Security, Lots of PTO, and they just tale care of their employees.

Cons

None that I can think of other than getting yelled at by customers. But that just comes with the job description.

Advice to Management

Sounds like the sales team isn't too happy, maybe work on that?

"Sales Specialist"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a 'free-range' workplace, so as long as you get your number, you can do whatever you want, really. 65 bucks a month in wellness is cool, but you get taxed bonus price for it, so here it sets you back 30 bucks a month or so on your check. Coworkers are cool, and everyone is fast friends. If you kill it, you can make money here; but make sure they don't refund!
    I'm told stock sharing and 401k are generous, but I can't afford to do it. Office is big and spacious, location is central Atlanta.

Cons

The base pay is insultingly low, and not even close to industry standard. Commissions are fine, not great; but the 'top' reps are privileged with all the leads worth anything, and they're all basically at HQ. There is a sales rep heiracrchy in three groups, and there may as well be no mobility between them. Commission structure along with everything else changes unpredictably and without any warning. Hardly any coaching, training, etc; they stick you in front of a computer, give you some logons, and wish you good luck.
    Market is pretty saturated with competitors, and MB is the most expensive, making it a tough sell most of the time. Cold calling, and prospecting, for sales reps is usually unheard of, but they do it here.

Advice to Management

Hire outside Executive leadership - and other managers - who have ample sales and management experience, stop just promoting reps with good numbers. Nobody seems to understand how the rest of the SaaS sales world actually works.

"Good place to work but change is hard won."

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing coworker! Laid back workplace. Ok benefits. If you have a family San Luis Obispo is a great place live but very expensive.

Cons

As an individual contributor it can be hard to implement change within a department. Projects are rushed to market without internal alignment. There are WAY to many Managers and it is very cliquish. If you are a part of the club you will go far, if not expect to get left behind.

Better career growth offerings beyond Saba. Make benefits transparent and offered to everyone in the company. Example: financial assistance for conferences is only offered to some employees. Stop hiring from Cal Poly because everyone is the same and lacks diversity. Offer better housing assistance than “look on Craigslist”.

"IT - ENG"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

Hardworking people, good benefits, yoga onsite, nice remodeled offices, decent enough hardware, located in beautiful SLO

Cons

Product is a headache and code is all over the place; Middle AND Senior management are the worst I've worked for; most people at MINDBODY are homegrown and don't know the correct way to do things; total comp is well below market; talented people don't stay at MINDBODY for long because there are better local jobs to be had remotely, in Santa Barbara, SF, and LA. If you want to grow quickly and can play nice with less skilled/experienced employees, there is good potential to grow here.... I'm counting the days until I can get back to a real workplace

Advice to Management

Hire qualified leadership and reorg. Move the company to bay area or LA so you have decent talent pool (and not just Cal Poly grads). Prioritize the product and offshore service/support teams.

"Sales department needs help"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The “pro” is that I no longer work at Mindbody. Overall, the company has a unique mission and a good product to sell.

Cons

Senior leaders don’t understand how to scale a national sales team. In 1.5 years I’ve seen 4 different additions and subtractions to the executive team and none of which have made a positive impact on day to day work flow.
    Good leads are VERY hard to come by. If you sell something it will probably belong to another rep because the company uses an outdated version of salesforce that was clearly set up for one sales team (the favored SLO team) and then makeshifted into working across offices nationwide.

Stay away if you’re a top performer... this sales department is bad.

Advice to Management

My old manager was great but left because various reasons.

10. "Sales Associate"

I worked at MINDBODY part-time

Pros

Fun environment, and great company to work for

Cons

the work can get tedious