MINDBODY Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
MINDBODY Co-Founder & CEO Rick Stollmeyer
Rick Stollmeyer

Pros
  • Benefits Co-workers Work/Life Balance Career Advancement (in 32 reviews)

• People are friendly and work environment is positive (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • With everything that's happened, I am skeptical of any office that's not located in Scottsdale or San Luis Obispo closing (in 17 reviews)

• Company is growing and finding its groove as a global software company (in 16 reviews)

"this used to be a fun house, now it's full of evil clowns"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Last year many of us could have said much here. Now all I can think of is - we have chairs.

Cons

No career progression with the new comp plan.
    The talent(livestock) turnover in this office is unlike anything you have ever seen. Toxic environment, a shark tank.
    There is no marketing. The scarce inbounds are even wrong verticals.
    Zero efficiency with no hope of improvement as management is narrow-minded. No one is hitting their numbers any more. Entitled 'top performers' rely solely on SDRs and beg for help. Newcomers are hitting three-digit dials for scrap leads from a messy crm.
    Lack of strategy and lack of willingness to create a strategy. Ever doing the same old, expecting change that will never happen.

Advice to Management

Listen to people. Open your eyes. Adapt. Burn the script. Don't advertise the core values if you don't live by them. Step down, lead by example, show us you can do even half of what you ask.

2. "An exciting and well presented interview!"

Current Employee - Sales in Surrey Hills (Australia)
    Current Employee - Sales in Surrey Hills (Australia)

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people! I met (over the phone) such lovely people that helped share the vision of MINDBODY.

Cons

Challenges are never a bad thing. No cons from my point of view.

Advice to Management

Very kind and clear. Keep being awesome!!

"Used to be awesome ... times changed."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in London, England (UK)

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Would love to write as many as possible, however, the office doesn't have many any longer. In the past everything was great, right now everything has been taken away. All that is left are people on the team with whom you can have laughs and make actually friends but other than that nothing should be considered as a advantage.

Cons

Style of the management. Micro-management on every single level, from the very bottom to the very top. In the past manager was there to help and you knew what you have to do and you were doing it. If you were doing nothing then the manager did have a talk with you. Right now it is different. You have to do what is outlined and no matter how much of the stuff you do there is always a manager going to be behind you with his expectations of you achieving more. No more people focused company - turned to numbers focused. Place lost its soul. Company is based in the US and they are trying to implement every single feature that the US has here in the UK. Even though the markets and circumstances are different they still force you to follow the orders. People are lost, no management can deal with it because guess what! Management has no previous experience in handling with people, all the current office managers are people who previously worked on lower positions. Really sad situation. Last con is the blank promises situation. On every single level employees are being given promises of the management which will take care of something, however, as the time passes the management does not deliver. You go and ask and with no results and after certain amount of time you just give up asking because there is no point. And the management wins. Turned from a place which has been quality oriented to a quantity oriented. Software is ok but the way how the company is handled is pathetic.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Very often people below you have something valuable to say. Change your focus from the quantity driven to quality driven so that the company and its customers will benefit from the change and start bringing even better results. Stop killing creativity and team fun, no one wants to work in a dead place. Last thing you want to achieve is people who wished to be dead rather than to work at such office. Lastly, update your bonus structure. The disproportion when getting a close between a Sales Associate and a Sales Representative is way too big. Sometimes Associates are doing 80% of the job and getting just laughable pennies, while Representatives are getting extreme bonuses for just 'closing' the deals. Have a thought about it.

"Great company/lacking product"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Health benefits
    20 days PTO
    Independence

Cons

No accountability
    Broken product
    New features are never trained before implemented
    Changes are never communicated to customers until they call in to tech support angry about it

Advice to Management

Don't let issues sit for years. Things are broken. You do a great job of taking care of employees but there came a point when I couldn't support your product with clients when their complaints are actually valid. They request things, we start the process and then no one ever follows up. When there are issues we report them but we never see a change in status, some customers call in for issues they've had FOR YEARS. (Legit verified issues not just complaints) You take great care of the employees but you need to take care of of the clients too. Overall the software is great and communication with the clients can go a long way. If there are changes let them know, if the changes they request won't happen, also let them know.

6. "A great sense of community"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

Everyone working there smiles and greets you as you walk by. Everyone is there to help, especially in technical support. Benefits are awesome and start after 30 days.

Cons

The company is still growing, so you have to be okay with adapting to a changing environment.

7. "Great place to work with an unreal work culture"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-My favorite thing about MB is how casual the work enviroment is. I wore tank tops every day I worked there. You can wear whatever, they don't care as long as you get your work done.
    -They changed the commission plan in sales and its the best I've seen it, a very generous plan that allows you make a really good wage, even if you're a new hire
    -The managers there are incredible. In my opinion a manager shouldn't be a "manager" but instead a mentor. They're there to help you, they're on your side, and they also like to have fun.
    -They have a lot of parties and you can drink on friday afternoons
    -Everyone there ends up being your friends, great people to be around and very helpful during day to day objectives. There wasn't a single person I didnt get along with
    -4 weeks of PTO a year if you work fulltime

Cons

I don't really have a lot of cons to say about MINDBODY, I guess the coffee could be better...

Advice to Management

I think you should expand into more verticals, the U.S. market is drying up

8. "Executive Assistant & Project Manager"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant & Project Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant & Project Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The People - the majority of the people are there to truly live the Core Values
    The Benefits - fantastic benefits for where HQ is located in California
    The Location - so I may be a little biased, but the campus is beautiful :)

Cons

As with any fast growing company, there are changes and struggles. Being honest, sometimes it was stressful, but, if you can't take the heat, then get out of the fire :) I was honored to work at MINDBODY and know that whatever is in front of them, they will always meet it head on with integrity.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on, remember to stop and smell the roses and enjoy the wild ride as often as possible, and don't ever lose site of what makes you truly happy! Thank you for seven years of incredible opportunity!

9. "Sales Associate"

I worked at MINDBODY part-time

Pros

Fun place to work, good resume builder

Cons

Stressful trying to reach demo quotas

Advice to Management

Work harder to work between students school schedules

10. "Human Resources"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

haven't found any cons yet

11. "Great company to work for"

I worked at MINDBODY part-time

Pros

great management; they really look out for their employees
    hours are extremely flexible
    great staff
    lots of social events take place

Cons

too much pressure to hit targets
    not enough career progression
    can become too competitive
    not enough training is provided to help the new employees

Advice to Management

train the new employees to fully understand the job rather than just handing them of to one of the experienced advisors to shadow