MINDBODY Reviews | Glassdoor

MINDBODY Reviews

Updated June 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Benefits Co-workers Work/Life Balance Career Advancement (in 32 reviews)

• People are friendly and work environment is positive (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing quickly which naturally comes with a lot of change in the way things get done, so you must be ready to adapt quickly (in 17 reviews)

• With everything that's happened, I am skeptical of any office that's not located in Scottsdale or San Luis Obispo closing (in 17 reviews)

1. "SDR"

Current Employee - SDR in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - SDR in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Completely Positive Environment! Everyone here is very kind and always helpful, no better than you attitudes and always looking to better the process! Whether that be for the clients or their employees. MB understands that in order to be great it has to come from within, they work for real people and understand that its real people that work fro them. I hope they truly continue this atmosphere and outlook. Their pay is reasonable and I only foresee it getting better if they continue with their current beliefs.

Cons

I would say a con would be a little lack of experience and size of the company.

Advice to Management

Advice would be just more hands on and hands in!

"Love working here. Awesome company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MINDBODY is a unique place to work. Fun and energetic environment, people are extremely passionate and love what they do. Very little ego and a generally positive attitude

Cons

It's a small town - hard to find the best talent.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

"Sales Specialist"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Fruit, Some of the people. Breaks in AZ aren't mandatory so they are nice.
    65 dollar monthly stipend for services with Mindbody Clients.

They are good with letting you take care of your life and do important things.

Cons

Management is very young- meaning they don't know how to help others. They were good at their sales but that is about it. No training provided after week 1.

When calling customers- You don't even know what you are selling. Is it scheduling, is it marketing?

Clean up the leads, terrible management there.

Advice to Management

Train your employees. Are you just trying to hire robots? Because the Culture and values goes beyond that, but it seems you want people with no personality and to just look at the script. I don't think the script is bringing in the right customers- so many outbound calls cancel.

"Good company, frustrating lack of direction"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company provides pretty good benefits and the commission structure isn't bad. Casual dress code, weekly team builders, and a number of sales competitions.

Cons

Managers over promise on a lot of things, organization has gone entirely to a script based presentation with little to no training on the actual product. People are friendly and happy on the floor but the moment you're out of the building the complaints start.

Borderline unethical uses of resources to generate leads, reps working leads without logging activity, leading to pissed off leads who've asked not to be contacted. Pay structure changed Jan 1 to increase commission but removed any chance of increased base pay. Sales database is in serious need of clean up, remote office management comes entirely from other companies and it shows.

Advice to Management

If management is going to continue to promise Salesforce cleanup and software training it needs to happen. As it stands most people I've talked to feel like they've been promised things managers either can't or have no intention of delivering on, and that advancement potential has no clear path.

"overall good company"

Current Employee - Account Development Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Development Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-treat employees well
    -flexible
    -Growing quickly
    -progressive work environment
    -great co-workers
    - having the "working at a tech company" while still in SLO
    -one of the best companies to work for in the area

Cons

-It has become more "corporate" since going public.
    -Things are constantly changing but not always in a good way. Sometimes it feels like lack of foresight on leaders part.
    -the pay seems to be lower for similar jobs elsewhere
    -choice of management hiring is often confusing

"A good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MINDBODY has great resources to keeping you physically well so that in turn it helps you stay mentally well.

Cons

San Luis Obispo's average salaries are less than major metropolitan areas and the cost of living is high. This is really a specific MINDBODY issue, but more of a product of its environment.

Advice to Management

I think that within the last year management has made a large shift into listening more to the frontline people than they had in the past. I hope they keep up this great progress.

7. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young culture, fun environment, good sales experience

Cons

Everything changes in the sales room all the time, and it's hard to meet the strict hourly requirement as a student

8. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits Co-workers Work/Life Balance Career Advancement

Cons

I do not have any cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Soul"

Current Employee - Tech Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Tech Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

Excellent place to work and software to use. Their set of core values is really inspiring to hear from such a large company. Humble and Helpful is my personal favorite. There is a strong sense of care for customers and their wellbeing not just about profits.

Cons

It is the tech industry, so you have to be apart of that world. A job where you do not have to look at a computer screen for most of the day would be nice.

Advice to Management

This section seems a bit odd to me. I could say to add more benefits for the employees but they are already really wonderful. Also, I have no idea how to run and manage a business of that magnitude.

MINDBODY Response

Jan 11, 2017 – Vice President, Customer Service

Woo hoo! Thank you for making MINDBODY such a great place to work too. Profits are a lagging indicator of doing a lot of right things like treating our employees well who do the same for customers ... More

"Growing company full of potential"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

MINDBODY has a lot going for it and it all starts with the people. During my time as a full time employee, I worked alongside some of the smartest, and hardest working individuals and teams. Every late night, every product launch, every successful delivery was due to the people I worked next to and their professional attitudes.

Cultural improvements like CX Catalysts, Design with Heart, One Voice, and a monthly re-emphasis on Core Values were the backbones of all 2016 wins. The merger of Products, Technologies and Experiences was a smart move and the open communication between teams will be vital as the projects only get more complicated in the upcoming year.

There is a large emphasis placed on the core values of the company, and with good reason. They are basis of company's success and they serve as a north star for the management team to make business and project decisions. The honesty in the values and their reflection in the staff was the primary reason I was drawn to the company and why I enjoyed work here.

The company has grown rapidly in such a short time, and while it was challenging it was also very rewarding. The upcoming year(s) will be just as challenging but the structure and staff in place are well equipped and able to succeed.

I would definitely recommend MINDBODY to any tech professional looking to work at a product company that will allow them to grow alongside their teammates. The company is always in the process of learning and refining the product and the best ideas are always in demand.

Cons

The company is growing and with that there are pains. There have been some missteps but also some true learning moments that I feel made the team and the executive management better. The company can be slow to react to issues at times and balancing the nimble approaches of a small company and the calculated and methodical solutions of a larger corporation is going to be a challenge in 2017.

There is still work to do on the evolving org structure of the company but near the end of the year I saw very promising signs from the middle and upper management team that will help the company adjust as it continues to evolve and grow.

Focus and planning are difficult at every company and MINDBODY is not immune. There is still work to do on communication (between groups, teams and offices) but there is also a large effort to help fix these gaps instead of ignoring them or blaming others.

Advice to Management

The core values are unique and special in the business world, they are more than words and should continue to guide the staff through tough projects and new opportunities.

Stay humble, stay focused and keep respecting your teams.