MINDBODY Reviews | Glassdoor

MINDBODY Reviews

Updated July 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Benefits Co-workers Work/Life Balance Career Advancement (in 32 reviews)

• People are friendly and work environment is positive (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • With everything that's happened, I am skeptical of any office that's not located in Scottsdale or San Luis Obispo closing (in 17 reviews)

• The company is growing quickly which naturally comes with a lot of change in the way things get done, so you must be ready to adapt quickly (in 17 reviews)

1. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young culture, fun environment, good sales experience

Cons

Everything changes in the sales room all the time, and it's hard to meet the strict hourly requirement as a student

2. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits Co-workers Work/Life Balance Career Advancement

Cons

I do not have any cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Soul"

Current Employee - Tech Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Tech Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

Excellent place to work and software to use. Their set of core values is really inspiring to hear from such a large company. Humble and Helpful is my personal favorite. There is a strong sense of care for customers and their wellbeing not just about profits.

Cons

It is the tech industry, so you have to be apart of that world. A job where you do not have to look at a computer screen for most of the day would be nice.

Advice to Management

This section seems a bit odd to me. I could say to add more benefits for the employees but they are already really wonderful. Also, I have no idea how to run and manage a business of that magnitude.

MINDBODY Response

Jan 11, 2017 – Vice President, Customer Service

Woo hoo! Thank you for making MINDBODY such a great place to work too. Profits are a lagging indicator of doing a lot of right things like treating our employees well who do the same for customers... More

"Growing company full of potential"

I worked at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

MINDBODY has a lot going for it and it all starts with the people. During my time as a full time employee, I worked alongside some of the smartest, and hardest working individuals and teams. Every late night, every product launch, every successful delivery was due to the people I worked next to and their professional attitudes.

Cultural improvements like CX Catalysts, Design with Heart, One Voice, and a monthly re-emphasis on Core Values were the backbones of all 2016 wins. The merger of Products, Technologies and Experiences was a smart move and the open communication between teams will be vital as the projects only get more complicated in the upcoming year.

There is a large emphasis placed on the core values of the company, and with good reason. They are basis of company's success and they serve as a north star for the management team to make business and project decisions. The honesty in the values and their reflection in the staff was the primary reason I was drawn to the company and why I enjoyed work here.

The company has grown rapidly in such a short time, and while it was challenging it was also very rewarding. The upcoming year(s) will be just as challenging but the structure and staff in place are well equipped and able to succeed.

I would definitely recommend MINDBODY to any tech professional looking to work at a product company that will allow them to grow alongside their teammates. The company is always in the process of learning and refining the product and the best ideas are always in demand.

Cons

The company is growing and with that there are pains. There have been some missteps but also some true learning moments that I feel made the team and the executive management better. The company can be slow to react to issues at times and balancing the nimble approaches of a small company and the calculated and methodical solutions of a larger corporation is going to be a challenge in 2017.

There is still work to do on the evolving org structure of the company but near the end of the year I saw very promising signs from the middle and upper management team that will help the company adjust as it continues to evolve and grow.

Focus and planning are difficult at every company and MINDBODY is not immune. There is still work to do on communication (between groups, teams and offices) but there is also a large effort to help fix these gaps instead of ignoring them or blaming others.

Advice to Management

The core values are unique and special in the business world, they are more than words and should continue to guide the staff through tough projects and new opportunities.

Stay humble, stay focused and keep respecting your teams.

"nope"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

We get free coffee and bananas.

Cons

There is nothing good here.

Advice to Management

none

"What was once good has been lost :("

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with on the daily are amazing. Good attitudes, positive mentality.

Cons

Horrible upper management. No not the supervisors, the whole rich new York style executives. Driving their flashing fancy cars and going on crazy trips all while not offering any type of salary increases or even a livable wage for the area.

Advice to Management

Look back at your roots, remember what you used to take pride in at mindbody before you went public. embrace good people and good culture. Money is nice but it has ruined ricks ego and made the place go down the drain.

7. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Great Hands on experience

Cons

Not many cons, quota is demanding but doable

"Good company, Sad Exit"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Happy and helpful culture overall. A team atmosphere keeps things moving along. Company truly cares about the health and welfare of its employees.

Cons

Muddy overall strategy to grow the company going forward. They are now going a direction of adding more subscribers and sacrificing quality.

Advice to Management

Stress revenue over pure subscriber adds. Revise comp structure to take all the onus off of the Sales Specialists.

9. "Great company"

Current Employee - Onboarding Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Onboarding Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Wonderful benefits and management.

Cons

Constant change, on phone with clients 7 hours a day. Rigid scheduling. Low pay for level of responsibility.

10. "Merchant Support"

Current Employee - Merchant Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Merchant Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fun and engaging work environment surrounded by the nicest people on earth.

Cons

None. It's truly a wonderful place to work and couldn't possibly fault the company for some small oversight.

Advice to Management

Please don't change.