MINDBODY Reviews | Glassdoor

MINDBODY Reviews

Updated August 16, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Benefits Co-workers Work/Life Balance Career Advancement (in 35 reviews)

• The People - the majority of the people are there to truly live the Core Values (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing quickly which naturally comes with a lot of change in the way things get done, so you must be ready to adapt quickly (in 18 reviews)

• With everything that's happened, I am skeptical of any office that's not located in Scottsdale or San Luis Obispo closing (in 17 reviews)

1. "Sales"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

Positive work environment and excellent people to work with. Great perks!

Cons

Sales approach, tactics, and style are unsophisticated and outdated. Too many sales representatives bringing too much competition instead of quality. Typical start-up company approach. I would recommend a more streamlined approach with less sales representatives and more quality approach to customer service. Training was a bust...should be longer like several weeks with total training on software (all aspects), better objection handling, better instruction on running reports and prospecting/gaining leads and in-depth explanation on how to use various sales tactics as this is a unique approach for some people with a different sales background.

Advice to Management

Better training, not so scattered. I think training should be intense and all up front and should include multiple scenarios to prepare the representatives with objection and handling up front./

"Greatest place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the atmosphere, coulture and the people are amazing! Also, has a great growth path to either management or other departments.

Cons

Work on additional leadership activitys and continued learning!

Advice to Management

I would say we need to get all of the offices on the same page with training and procedures.

3. "Review"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and excellent benefits!

Cons

Salary not up to industry standards.

4. "Best Culture Around"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Great people and culture
    -$65/month wellness card
    -Onsite weekly massage
    -Awesome team builders
    -Amazing team culture and vibe
    -Great commission structure and SPIFFs
    -Amazing benefits, employee stock purchase plan, and 20 days PTO (yes, 20)

Cons

-Hiring some of the wrong people who don't add to the culture
    -Base isn't great, but shouldn't matter with the commission structure

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive and supportive environment

5. "SDR"

Current Employee - SDR in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - SDR in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Completely Positive Environment! Everyone here is very kind and always helpful, no better than you attitudes and always looking to better the process! Whether that be for the clients or their employees. MB understands that in order to be great it has to come from within, they work for real people and understand that its real people that work fro them. I hope they truly continue this atmosphere and outlook. Their pay is reasonable and I only foresee it getting better if they continue with their current beliefs.

Cons

I would say a con would be a little lack of experience and size of the company.

Advice to Management

Advice would be just more hands on and hands in!

6. "Sales Associate"

I worked at MINDBODY part-time

Pros

- Great work life balance
    - Competitive Environment
    - Compensation

Cons

- High turnover makes it difficult to build relationships with other employees

Advice to Management

Keep the casual environment and young employees

"Sales Specialist"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Fruit, Some of the people. Breaks in AZ aren't mandatory so they are nice.
    65 dollar monthly stipend for services with Mindbody Clients.

They are good with letting you take care of your life and do important things.

Cons

Management is very young- meaning they don't know how to help others. They were good at their sales but that is about it. No training provided after week 1.

When calling customers- You don't even know what you are selling. Is it scheduling, is it marketing?

Clean up the leads, terrible management there.

Advice to Management

Train your employees. Are you just trying to hire robots? Because the Culture and values goes beyond that, but it seems you want people with no personality and to just look at the script. I don't think the script is bringing in the right customers- so many outbound calls cancel.

"Love working here. Awesome company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MINDBODY is a unique place to work. Fun and energetic environment, people are extremely passionate and love what they do. Very little ego and a generally positive attitude

Cons

It's a small town - hard to find the best talent.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

"Good company, frustrating lack of direction"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company provides pretty good benefits and the commission structure isn't bad. Casual dress code, weekly team builders, and a number of sales competitions.

Cons

Managers over promise on a lot of things, organization has gone entirely to a script based presentation with little to no training on the actual product. People are friendly and happy on the floor but the moment you're out of the building the complaints start.

Borderline unethical uses of resources to generate leads, reps working leads without logging activity, leading to pissed off leads who've asked not to be contacted. Pay structure changed Jan 1 to increase commission but removed any chance of increased base pay. Sales database is in serious need of clean up, remote office management comes entirely from other companies and it shows.

Advice to Management

If management is going to continue to promise Salesforce cleanup and software training it needs to happen. As it stands most people I've talked to feel like they've been promised things managers either can't or have no intention of delivering on, and that advancement potential has no clear path.

"It was good for a few years"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Specialist
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Specialist

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was in sales for 3 years and watched the company grow. Very easy going company to work for as long as you hit goals. It was great to learn about a great product. Fun and fitness built into the work day.

Cons

Sales team seem to have it the hardest. Went from a solution sales environment with new staff learning a lot about the product to then being scripted calls with no training for new staff on the actual product prior to contact with potential clients. Many senior sales staff were leaving due to not feeling wanted. Even being one of their top sales people I had no increase in salary for the last 2 years.