MINDBODY Reviews | Glassdoor

MINDBODY Reviews

Updated July 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Benefits Co-workers Work/Life Balance Career Advancement (in 32 reviews)

• People are friendly and work environment is positive (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • With everything that's happened, I am skeptical of any office that's not located in Scottsdale or San Luis Obispo closing (in 17 reviews)

• The company is growing quickly which naturally comes with a lot of change in the way things get done, so you must be ready to adapt quickly (in 17 reviews)

"The managers only care about their own progression"

Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at MINDBODY (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress code, they bring alcohol to work for "happy hour" Fridays.

Cons

No real leads, very loud and un professional. The managers are young and incompetent, they ignore you when you have questions about things they don't know instead of helping you find the answer, they dodge you or act like they did not hear you. The managers are very hot headed and inexperienced. Working here makes me want to die, the management is extremely selfish and they are just about themselves. No real money can be made here, it is a "high school" job. Defiantly going to find another job somewhere else before this is the end of me.

Advice to Management

Calm down, and actually care about your employees, and take the time to learn your own system. Corporate headquarters needs to be more involved on what is going on at this location, because there are too many managers abusing their power and making up whatever for their own personal gain.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Finance & Accounting Intern in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Finance & Accounting Intern in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern, you are trusted with great hands on projects as well as welcomed into the company with open arms! They love teaching and welcome questions.

Cons

Not too many cons I can think of, besides construction and renovation noise. But even then, it was over in a heart beat.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Maybe interview interns before they leave, asking if they had any suggestions regarding the structure of the internship.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

The culture is great, work with a lot of people I call my friends as well as co workers. My manager is amazing, tells it how it is and is an amazing ambassador of the company. Would be a shame to see them leave. People stay because of them. It is an easy job don't really need brains to be on the top of the leader board but you get to wear whatever you want to work!

Cons

Comp isn't every good if your not just out of college. Make a ton of calls, telemarketing approach sales. Environment is very childish, don't need games to do my job. Send professional emails "not memes" when someone gets a sale and if someone tells me to go crush it one more time.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees they way you want to be treated because lets face it, its all up to shareholders now!

"Cha Cha Cha Cha Changes"

Current Employee - Senior Software Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

$65 monthly allowance to fitness/wellness companies. On site classes, massage. Great product, great clients. Culture is amazing, we truly believe in improving the wellness of the world.

Cons

Sales is a GRIND. The base pay is extremely low and goals are hard to reach. Extremely competitive and difficult to adjust to constant structure changes. Lots of reps cheating the system and there are no repercussions for dishonest sales tactics. They hire from within in terms of management and sometimes pick a candidate based on tenure and not qualifications. They try to encourage work / life balance but in order to succeed in sales there is no balance. Must work from 8-6+ and weekends in order to stay afloat. No compensation for taking time off. Commission used to be great but they changed structure and my pay decreased SUBSTANTIALLY, by about 40k per year, even though they promised that wouldn't happen. They don't seem to care about the employees anymore after going public. Keeps getting harder and harder to survive here.

Advice to Management

Give a heads up before making major changes to employee structure, commissions, funnels, etc. Do not make a huge change, implement for three months, and then decide it was a bad idea. Tons of wasted time and effort.

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefit, perks, great co workers, atmosphere

Cons

I was in sales for over a year and the other was absolutely no career growth. it's not that I didn't want to but I wasn't able to, I tried so hard but unless your working 60+ hours a week it's not possible, save your time and energy and stay away. The company come from as great but you son learn that the software isn't that great and the only business worth selling are the ones that come to the company, which you will have no oppourtunity with. There are so many sketchy things that go on in the department with no consequences. Reps cheat all the time to get ahead and ar only rewarded for it. Something at this company has to give. The

"Sales Specialist II"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would say Absolutely none. Filling words to meet minimum word requirements. Again no pros worth Sharing.
    Work
    Flexible
    Wellness Card -65
    Employees

Cons

Where to begin. It is hard for me to write a bad review as this is the first time I have done so. However, I hope that no one makes the same mistake I did by accepting a job with this company. I will leave this with a few things I witnessed during my employment.

Things seen in the office:
    -Individuals passed out under their desks.
    -Accusations of others engaging in relations with upper management to advance their career.
    -Holding a team meeting asking individuals to mediate to help their day. Did not ask for permission or if this would offend others, almost forced.
    -Showing a clip of mean girls to explain the drama going on in the office.
    -Unequal pay between men and women. Many of the men who were paid more had less work experience than female individuals who negotiated a hire salary.
    -Manager was uncomfortable interacting with females- subjective
    - Office blow ups of sales reps occurred frequently. Individuals often caused scenes when things did not go their way and used extremely inappropriate language.
    - Manager was not competent enough to realize these incidents were distracting to others and continued to let individuals cause scenes for long periods of time.
    - Employment decreased from 38 to about 14 during six month period.
    - CEO never visited the Dallas office during its time of being open.

... I could put MANY more incidents that occurred however I hope this provides insight into the type of company MINDBODY really is.I can say that if you are looking for a career to grow professionally and be fulfilled DO NOT apply at this company.

7. "Inspiring Company - Great Culture"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

- Great perks: onsite cafeteria, yoga and fitness classes, massage room, wellness dollars, monthly parties
    - Inspiring people: everyone at MINDBODY seems to be active and promoting a healthy lifestyle
    - Fun atmosphere: the sales office is lively and competitive, with a healthy dose of antics
    - Making an impact: the company's mission is to leverage technology to improve the health and wellness of the world, and as an employee, you feel like you have an impact
    - Feels like a start-up: even though they are public with 1,500 employees

Cons

Compensation is lackluster in comparison to similar roles in SF
    Constantly changing sales structure which requires a nimble personality
    Success in sales is largely dependent on outbound effort

Advice to Management

continue to compensate your senior level sales persons
    stop hiring just to hire, and make sure it's a good fit

"Great Product, Flexible working hours, Horrible management"

Current Employee - Software Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Software Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MINDBODY (Less than a year)

Pros

The small business owners you get to help, by offering an innovative product that has a positive impact in their day to day operations.
    Wellness card with $65/month that you can spend at local MINDBODY businesses
    Flexible hours, and relaxed office environment.

Cons

The compensation plan is not the greatest
    The manager chosen for the inside sales management role is not the right fit.
    lack of support from home office in SLO.

Advice to Management

Please please please, take a really good look at this office before it crashes to the ground! That's where this office is headed if you don't put the right people in place. Hire a sales manager that knows SALES! Hire a manager that knows how to effectively manage and motivate a group of sales people that are honest and hardworking. It's very sad to see this office shrink to 1/3 of the size it once was. I strongly believe it is because there is a lack of leadership.

"Enduring Growing Pains"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

Generally most of the non mgmt staff in at least the engineering dept, really generally wants to work hard and make things better

Cons

Seems like everyone is frantically trying t grasp anything at all that might help make them more profitable. More so than before, it feels like they are trying to be more profitable by letting people leave.

Advice to Management

People will be bent about changes in culture (even though things are probably still better than most other places on the central coast... Recognize the people that need to be let go, and treat the others like the rockstars they generally are.

"I wish I would have passed on this job"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at MINDBODY (Less than a year)

Pros

good product, good health benefits

Cons

Bad, bad management and horrible senior management. This company definitely does not care about employee retention. Extremely high turnover due to inadequate caching and horrible management. Once they have you they continue to try and brain wash with "core values" and the company culture. It would be great if the company actually practiced this but it is all just a big fake. My advice is to pass, you will regret ever wasting your time working with this company.

Advice to Management

Learn some people skills, and take a management course.