MINDBODY Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Amazing culture"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Modern tech hyper growth culture -Fantastic campus -Loves hiring from local San Luis Obispo schools (Cal Poly & Cuesta) -All the benefits of a mature tech startup -Constant innovation and growth

Cons

-From sales perspective the product was constantly changing which made it difficult to get into rhythm with verticals in the industry

Advice to Management

-Keep company culture strong as MindBody continues to grow

MINDBODY2019-04-30
  2. "Great atmosphere!!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MINDBODY full-time for less than a year

Pros

Such a fun environment to work in. Very young and everyone around you wants to see you succeed. The Management here is incredible and they do a great job

Cons

Downside is just the grind of cold calling. It can be brutal sometimes but if you are willing to get past that it is a wonderful company to work for!

MINDBODY2018-08-28

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice culture, 80% great people with a few snobs. Wellness card is nice. Fresh fruit and healthy snacks. Free coffee.

Cons

Oh boy, where do I start. Training was 90% watching ridiculous videos instead of hands on training of product Must be in your managers "Clique" to make any real money in sales. You work your butt off closing a deal just to have some condescending 20 something disrespect the client sooo bad on their On-boarding call, Or forget and miss the call entirely, that the client cancels and you're out anywhere from $400-$800 for that sale. It's a joke! Deals and leads are taken from you all the damn time because of dupes. An On-boarding specialist told me that she handles about 5-6 cancellations a day...now times that by ALL the other On-boarding specialist. Product is WAAAAY over priced compare to our competitors. Absolutely NO accountability for anything here. They just pass the buck on down the line hoping it just disappears into the night. Month after month sales reps are consistently getting ripped off on their commissions. The juice is DEFINITELY not worth the squeeze at this place. Dodge a bullet and DO NOT APPLY HERE!!

Advice to Management

Why. They're just going to sweep it under the rug....as always. It's an effort in futility.

MINDBODY2018-10-06

"Sales department needs help"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for less than a year

Pros

The “pro” is that I no longer work at Mindbody. Overall, the company has a unique mission and a good product to sell.

Cons

Senior leaders don’t understand how to scale a national sales team. In 1.5 years I’ve seen 4 different additions and subtractions to the executive team and none of which have made a positive impact on day to day work flow. Good leads are VERY hard to come by. If you sell something it will probably belong to another rep because the company uses an outdated version of salesforce that was clearly set up for one sales team (the favored SLO team) and then makeshifted into working across offices nationwide. Stay away if you’re a top performer... this sales department is bad.

Advice to Management

My old manager was great but left because various reasons.

MINDBODY2018-02-07

"Senior Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY part-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a lot of autonomy for individuals on the sales development teams at MINDBODY and the product is useful. It really does feel like you are selling a product that helps businesses in the health and wellness industry succeed. The lifestyle of San Luis Obispo and company culture at MINDBODY can definitely be more rewarding than at a large Bay Area tech company.

Cons

The sales process at MINDBODY was constantly changing the entire time that I was there. Management is always willing to listen to your concerns and suggestions but seemed that they never changed much based off of them, however, they would vastly adjust your job responsibilities over night if they saw fit which I thought was extremely unprofessional. The product sold by MINDBODY is overpriced compared to what its competitors offer which can be frustrating at times as a salesman but that is where your talent and selling ability will need to come into play. Pay is much lower compared to Bay Area tech opportunities.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about upcoming changes within MINDBODY. Allow for a proper discourse between sales teams and sales management to be had before rapid changes happen.

MINDBODY2017-10-17

"Great place to work"

Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY for less than a year

Pros

Very energetic Team Always looking out for employees Space for growth Quite a young dynamic setting

Cons

Sales can be monotonous at times but if your figures are high you are congratulated and paid accordingly.

Advice to Management

Create even more growth options for employees

MINDBODY2017-06-12
  7. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY part-time for less than a year

Pros

Young culture, fun environment, good sales experience

Cons

Everything changes in the sales room all the time, and it's hard to meet the strict hourly requirement as a student

MINDBODY2017-01-26

"Great sales Experience at an awesome Company!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at MINDBODY part-time

Pros

Awesome company, everyone is friendly and coming in to work is fun

Cons

Big culture change within the sales department during my time there. Big transition from a people-oriented sales approach to a high volume "make as many calls as you can" with a script.

MINDBODY2016-12-30
  9. "Awesome place to work as a student"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours and a positive environment with lively coworkers. Really cool campus with great food options in walking distance. Good incentives for performance, both commission and prizes sometimes. Good communication between employers and employees. Overall very positive experience, looks great on the resume and is a great start to a sales career.

Cons

Cold calling is a drag sometimes, and often times if you feel like you need help you'll need to seek it out rather than be lucky enough to happen upon someone going out of their way to help. Sometimes we have unnecessary meetings but so does just about everywhere I've worked.

Advice to Management

Train new hires a bit more than they currently get trained, especially in prospecting and rebuttals. Often times new hires (myself included) have difficulties generating quality leads and managing good workflow habits, so assisting them more with learning how to prospect effectively and multitask during their first few weeks could be really beneficial

MINDBODY2016-11-03
  10. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY part-time for less than a year

Pros

They offer great work flexibility, tons of perks, and the job culture is unbeatable. Management is very helpful and supportive.

Cons

There were very few complaints, however this job can be very stressful if sales is not for you. I do think there should have been more on the phone training, which is probably why the turnover rate is so high.

MINDBODY2016-10-27