MINDBODY Sales Development Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Rick Stollmeyer
  1. "Amazing job"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

great culture, casual dress code, work day goes by super quickly

Cons

constant changes- but they support you through them

MINDBODY2019-07-26

"Poor Changes"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent coworkers, Nice office, good coffee

Cons

Poor Manager, poor commission structure

Advice to Management

Listen to employee feedback

MINDBODY2019-07-08
  3. "Great for growth"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture within the company is what enabled me to flourish. Great management!

Cons

Change is constant, sometimes it feels as if we aren't trusting the current process long enough.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate change as well as you do, and continue to develop leadership opportunities for the people who show interest!

MINDBODY2019-05-12

"Great Company before Vista"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance Benefits Incentives The experience The benefits again

Cons

Commission structure constantly changes Poor management Its not a good work environment for women Male dominant company

MINDBODY2019-04-22
  5. "Sales Development Representative"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome place to work with great people and a great product that really changes the lives of business owners

Cons

I personally wish the company had more opportunities and offices in big cities

MINDBODY2018-10-14
  6. "Sales Development Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at MINDBODY full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredible sales training, lively workplace, casual atmosphere

Cons

Market is VERY saturated and made aspects of the job difficult

MINDBODY2018-08-03

"Great culture, poor pay"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

Amazing company culture and work life balance Employees are passionate about the industry and what they are selling Great benefits

Cons

Unbelievable and discouraging wages for the amount of work they expect out of their employees When looking at the average pay for my position in the industry MINDBODY’s pay is so low it is not even on the chart It is difficult to have drive and motivation for the job when the next step in your career at the company hardly pays what you should already be making and not even close to the industry average Managment is constantly speaking of advancing employees and promoting from within but hardly considers them

Advice to Management

Show that you value your employees by paying them a respectable amount which will result in higher motivation, productivity, growth, and commitment to the company which they would love to have.

MINDBODY2018-05-04

"Great people- little room for growth, insulting pay, no parking."

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best thing working for them is the people you work with. The benefits are decent. PTO is okay but you there are certain holidays that aren’t paid for so you have to use them for that.

Cons

The pay is just horrid. Way below the market average. They never give raises unless you’re a manager. Want to be a manager? Best of luck, they rarely look internal from my experience. They say oh we have room for growth- they will bring in inexperienced externals. They want you to goto a closing role in which also pays poorly. Also note that some new hires will be making more than you for no apparent reason expect they were hired in a different calendar year. The product is the priciest one in the market. The market? Oversaturated. Yeah the product was good- but they no longer have that luxury because competitors are improving drastically while we shoot ourselves in the foot. The CRM- filled with trash and garbage leads that have been cold called for years. So you turn to prospecting and talking to a new business in which goes with a cheaper (and usually better) choice of software. Micromanagement has become a little much recently. Metrics are being measured under the microscope. Also the numbers you’re supposed to hit are just insane. If you hit them, realistically speaking you be the top person in the company. The office is blah, open work environment but nothing cool around. We have to park on side streets because the corporate is too cheap to reimburse for parking. Kitchen is nasty, coffee gross, water machine gross, people never clean up after themselves. The CEO seems a bit out of touch with his own company. I don’t think he really falls in line with the core values anymore. It is really a shame.

Advice to Management

To Rick, reestablish the core values in your company and pay a decent, livable wage. That could help out by driving morale- which leads to higher sales, more productivity, and etc. To Upper management, I recommend you veer away from the whole thought of segmentation. We are not that type of company, don’t revert to the old ways of sales. I guarantee when it is fully implemented- it will be disastrous. To management, quit micromanaging. It leads to an already fragile work environment, and right when culture was coming alive in the office- it will knock it down.

MINDBODY2018-05-04

"Sales development representative"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

The friendly, professional, and extremely fun environment.

Cons

Management has unclear goals. They need to determine the overall purpose of Mind body.

Advice to Management

You need to decide whether your company is business for profit or industry monopolization. Because if it is the first then you need mandate payments and make a standard for what businesses we are trying to recruit.

MINDBODY2017-08-13

"MINDBODY: Have to Step Up The Work Environment."

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time for less than a year

Pros

• MINDBODY wellness card was a nice treat • The other SDR’s, Sales Specialists, RSMs and SA’s were amazing! We would converse and hang out with each other outside work hours! Instant friendships! • The MINDBODY software is a top-quality product and the company has potential to be the best all-around company to work for. • Dress code • The CEO. Rick Stollmeyer. Just a brilliant soul he is! • Did I mention how amazing the MINDBODY software is?! So nice I had to mention it twice!

Cons

• Meetings- there were too many excessive meetings throughout the day. At least 2 meeting per day, with majority of the information not pertaining to the job I did. Definitely a waste of time when the information could have been sent in an email. In addition, so many meetings were the managers gloating about how much commission the sales specialists made, which had nothing to do with my job. • Expectations- the goals were attainable during the training portion. However, once you exited training, the goals were reasonable, but once the company changed the approach for whom they were looking for- the goals were unreasonable. There were months when no one met the expectations. • Music- absolutely terrible. They played the same songs in 100 different remixes each day. It's definitely not conducive of a professional work environment. • Organization- not very organized. Some tools would be provided, and once you realized that these tools sufficed, new tools and demands were thrown our way and would get mixed up with the tools that worked. • There’s favoritism amongst some people and the managers. If the managers liked you and you didn’t meet the goals, they’d keep you around. If the managers didn’t like you and you didn’t meet the goals, you’d be fired. If one of their favorites transferred a lead that didn’t close- there would be an email in my inbox PLUS recognition. However- if I transferred a lead that DID close- i’d hear crickets. In addition, there were certain metrics that had to be met in order to "qualify" for a promotion to sales specialist. However- some people were given promotions who didn't meet the metrics (nor came close to it), but those who were there longer were reprimanded. • Physical Health- this job used to be worth waking up and going to. With time, I could not get any sleep, parts of my body ached and I wasn’t as excited to go to work. • Emotional Health- it’s very stressful. There would be days when I would get upset (outside of work). However- I kept going because I cared more about helping these businesses grow instead of trying to sell a product. I even had a salon reach out to me 2 months after a close and tell me the progress they made with MINDBODY and their future plans. Getting those calls are rare (since I was just an SDR), but I cried after hearing all the things the salon owner wanted to accomplish because that was what I took the job with MINDBODY to do- to help people- and the environment made a complete 180 in the wrong direction. • Commission- a slap in the face. Why is it that with a close, sales specialists would get hundreds of dollars in commission, but an SDR got only double digits for a close? Gloating about it with constant emails throughout the day from different sales specialists isn't really motivating, either. • Pay- some of my coworkers couldn’t even afford a 1-bedroom apartment with one paycheck! It’s sad. • Campaigns- useless. Not much success; now I understand what it feels like to get solicitation emails. It got to the point where I stopped emails and just called. • The scripts- it’s as if the sales department thought they were 1 step ahead of the receptionists, but in reality- the receptionists were 1 mile ahead of the sales department. We ALL know where that script came from! If it could only get Academy Award nominations, but no wins- then something needs to change. it was way too long and full of information that no business owner would care about; some of the SDRs (myself included) have provided this as feedback many times, but to no consideration. • The Gong- please return it back to wherever you bought it from. If someone gets a close, give them a high five and keep it moving. No need to bang a gong that people can hear through the phone. • Scale- there’s too many employees. Don’t get me wrong- I absolutely loved the employees, but there’s way too many. • Competitions- from time to time, there are these competitions that pit us against each other and the incentives just weren't worth it. • Improvement Tools- the “tools” that the company want to utilize to improve the SDR’s were broken. They were too “cookie-cutter” and never identified the root of an SDR’s weakness. 1-on-1 shadowing opportunities help to truly identify areas of improvement instead of some Microsoft Excel workbook (that we all hated to fill out at the end of the day) with flawed function formulas. • Events- if there are company-sponsored events outside of work, we could attend them, but we had to either clock out or use PTO. If we didn’t want to go to the event, we had to stay in the office and work. • Numbers- you WILL be bombarded about your numbers. Even if there are multiple meetings throughout the day, you are still required to hit your numbers. • Leaderboard- WHY?!?!?! Maybe the sales specialists cared, but me and some of my coworkers really didn’t care because how one person performed didn’t affect how we performed nor did it change the work conditions. • Micromanagement- the job of an SDR is already stressful. The last thing I needed was to have my manager watching my every move and listening in on every call instead of letting me make my calls without the stress of being watched at every moment.

Advice to Management

MINDBODY is an amazing company, but the sales department is not for the type of person who cares about helping small businesses grow, flourish and be successful. Management- if you want to hire people who care about money, keep hiring those people for the sales department. If you come across someone who cares more about MINDBODY, building a true connection with its clients, helping its clients achieve great things and really carrying out the mission and values that the CEO/founder preached in his videos- don't hire him for the sales department, but refer him to another department within the company. The job of an SDR is exhausting and stressful. The company knows this and should make it to where the SDRs can enjoy the work they do.

MINDBODY2017-06-15