MINDBODY "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor

MINDBODY Co-Founder & CEO Rick Stollmeyer
Rick Stollmeyer

"Pros & Cons"

I worked at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

Great environment, laid back, cool perks

Cons

lack of resources and employees in position which led to stress and overworked employees. Growing pains, SUPER LOW PAY for California tech company (san luis is not cheap to live in!).

MINDBODY2015-09-02

"Business Development"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There a lot of opportunities to grow on the team. We do a great job of hiring off of core values. Work life is enjoyable because of the quality of people on the team.

Cons

Growing pains. As we continue to scale we are presented we organization structure challenges. Cross departmental communication and inefficiencies seem to be challenge. However we have done a group job evolving to overcoming. In relation to our industry peers I believe we most productive work culture.

Advice to Management

Create an efficient ways to gather feedback. Feed a relevant way to manage quarterly CVA goals. Get ride of Popolos Catering. Give everyone laptops and create collaborate work spaces. We don't need assigned work areas

MINDBODY2015-08-12

"Best Place Ever"

Current Employee - Program Supervisor in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for less than a year

Pros

PTO, sick days, medical benefits paid at 100% for myself and my spouse, great wellness incentives, great leadership development.

Cons

Sometimes there are growing pains felt from a company accelerating as fast as this one, however the exec team and CEO are great with communication about changes and updates.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep staff informed, we appreciate the transparency!

MINDBODY2015-07-26
  4. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

MINDBODY is by far one of the best places I have ever worked!! The people here are dedicated to the mission and live our core values to the fullest.

Cons

There are some growing pains. As long as your are prepared to be fluid and accept changes as the come, you will still love it!

MINDBODY2015-07-29
  5. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Data Conversion Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best thing about MINDBODY is the people. Having co-workers who generally care about each other, about making the world a better place and working together in the best interest of the customer is great. The customers are generally small business owners determined to make the world a better place, and it's great to help them manage their business successfully.

Cons

Growing pains are difficult. You can't get too comfortable in thinking you know what you were hired to do. It will shift and grow and evolve, and if you're comfortable with that you will thrive.

Advice to Management

The MINDBODY Connect movie was amazing. Thank you for that, and hopefully we can have it available to watch on demand. The videos of Rick on MBNN are helpful. It's good to know what the big picture is.

MINDBODY2015-07-10
  6. "Young, fun place to work!"

in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY

Pros

Flexibility, Relaxed culture, young enthusiastic culture

Cons

Growing pains of a growing company

MINDBODY2015-03-21

"Implementation Coach"

Current Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

MINDBODY offers great perks, like any young tech company. Yoga balls, stand up desks, new buildings with slides are but a few included benefits. The Implementation department is moving in a positive direction and leadership within the department is extremely supportive. The CEO is very involved and appears to have the employees in mind with each decision he makes. It's a great place if you want a work-life balance and motivation to be a healthier person inside and out.

Cons

With any young and growing company there are growing pains. I believe the company is growing faster than it can support, and it seems like the company is struggling to keep their top performers in customer service roles. There seems to be a lack of communication between departments, but I am hopeful that this will eventually improve.

Advice to Management

I would suggest taking a more forthcoming approach with information regarding in what direction the department is moving.

MINDBODY2014-10-16

"Great people to work with!"

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Core values are lived by at MINDBODY. This is why the staff is so great - they are chosen largely based on their alignment with the companies core values. - Health and Wellness is a large focus, so plenty of activities, classes, and opportunity to live a healthy, balanced life - Flexible work schedule (depending on position)

Cons

- Growing pains - Low pay overall (but good benefits). Typically appears to be that it's a good company to start your career at, but may not be possible to stay for a long time. Many people who have been at the company for 2+ years are at much too low pay and have not been brought up to the level the company is hiring at :(

Advice to Management

Pay fair and at market wages. Try and refrain from swift decisions being put into action. The aftermath can really affect those on the "front line". If it's necessary though, just communicate the "why" to get employee buy-in.

MINDBODY2014-09-17

"Serious growing pains."

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture is great! MINDBODY is a fun place to work in terms of culture.

Cons

There are some serious growing pains.

MINDBODY2014-09-29

"Love going to work every day"

Current Employee - Customer Service/Technical Support in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun, friendly, relaxed, casual atmosphere. We're treated great with so many benefits: monthly wellness vouchers, onsite massage, onsite wellness classes, insurance, paid time off, etc. Managers are great! CEO is inspiring and visionary. From the top down funnels good vibes.

Cons

Parking due to growing pains; getting so big and we're all in separate buildings.. a bit of a disconnect from other departments.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

MINDBODY2014-06-14