MINDBODY "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor

MINDBODY Co-Founder & CEO Rick Stollmeyer
Rick Stollmeyer

"Great resume builder"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY part-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed environment, continuously growing, young workforce, great location, room for upward movement within the company, great coffee machines

Cons

No parking, growing pains because it's so new and growing so rapidly

Advice to Management

Continue growing, release different versions of the software that are more particular to each vertical so it's not so broad.

MINDBODY2014-06-03
  2. "Best Company I have worked for, BY FAR!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very welcoming community, promotions from within, great benefits (401k, dental, vision, 160 hours PTO/year, etc.), casual work environment, and onsite wellness providers. While people say that this company is "cult"-y, I don't find that you need to change who you are to fit in or be successful in this company! There is a group for everyone! There are jugglers, gaming wizards, exercise fanatics, and so much more! Everyone has a common goal at MINDBODY - to continuously evolve as a person, an employee, and a company.

Cons

Promotions from within is definitely preached here, but like any company promotions, it may not happen for everyone or at the time you are wanting one. Everyone is wanting a promotion, the main difficulty is finding some way to differentiate yourself from others. Salaries are slightly lower at this company, which is a downside. The company is also going through some growing pains, which is expected. This means that they are playing catch up in some areas. But I have confidence that all departments will catch up soon!

Advice to Management

I might reevaluate salary structures later down the road as we get bigger. Employees recognize that they could receive higher compensation somewhere else for the same work they are doing at this company. Other than that, keep up the hard work! This company is growing exponentially!

MINDBODY2013-12-17
  3. "Great place with great people"

I have been working at MINDBODY part-time for less than a year

Pros

Growing, entry positions usually opening up. They tend to be hard to get yourself in the door. Your network will help you out here.

Cons

Growing a bit too fast, experiencing acceptable growing pains. Also they don't respond after the interview unless they take you on, so you could be left waiting.

Advice to Management

They need to realize they're not the only kids in the industry anymore. They'll need to improve if retain and grow market share. Also communicate with applicants post interview, let then know directly they didn't get a position.

MINDBODY2013-10-28

"Amazing, growing company to work for. Great environment and benefits. Some growing pains."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

MINDBODY bucks for local wellness services- yoga, pilates, martial arts, spa etc. Opportunity to grow, strong emphasis on promotion from within. Exciting, happy and healthy work environment!

Cons

MINDBODY is growing so quickly that growing pains are often felt. Parking set-up is not ideal. Shuffling around of staff, desks, computers etc.

Advice to Management

Earlier preparation for internal growth.

MINDBODY2013-06-03
  5. "Best work enviroment I have ever seen"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

MINDBODY management cares about their employees and treats them as humans. A healthy work-life balance is part of the published core values. Just walk into the lobby area and you will feel the energy that 400 happy employees make. I found the work in the technology departments challenging and rewarding. There are un-sexy aspects to working with some legacy systems but that's the challenge. The reward is in solving tough problems and helping the company continually improve. Overall: Exceptional work environment, exceptional employees and interesting, challenging work. If you will be doing software or engineering you should be comfortable supporting legacy systems.

Cons

Growing pains are always evident. Requires you to improvise frequently.

MINDBODY2012-11-10

"Great Experience for New Graduates"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great values, work environment, and coworkers - High level of responsibility for certain entry level positions - Potential for individual growth as company continues to rapidly expand - International business experience

Cons

- Starting salary can be relatively low for the San Luis Obispo area - Some departments are severely understaffed - all part of the growing pains, though. Management is responsive and reactive to this.

MINDBODY2012-10-11
  7. "Amazing place!"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Sydney

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people, the culture and the company vision

Cons

Growing pains of a maturing, expanding business

MINDBODY2019-09-23
  8. "Work hard, play hard!"

I have been working at MINDBODY

Pros

MINDBODY, Inc is a great place to work because of the Core Values that the company is based on. The Core Values ensure that all employees are working with a united vision and mindset, making MINDBODY a great place to work. Not only it is a fun, casual and supportive work environment, but we are also united in our hard work and dedication to get the job done!

Cons

Growing pains as we transition from a small to mid size company.

Advice to Management

More training for leaders/managers on how to be most effective.

MINDBODY2011-10-31