KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MIT Lincoln Laboratory Director Eric Evans
Eric Evans

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of MIT Lincoln Laboratory and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Great Company

May 26, 2022 - Systems Engineer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to work on what you want Unlimited opportunities for growth. If you want to do something new here. Just do it. Work life balance is great

Cons

None that I can think of

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to work

Sep 19, 2022 - SSR in Hanscom AFB, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits and great staff full of hardworkers.

Cons

Parking isn't the best the traffic around the lab can be intense.

Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to hear you’ve had a positive experience working at Lincoln Laboratory and we couldn’t agree with you more about the great benefits we offer.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good work life balance, good work

Sep 2, 2022 - Subcontractor in Lexington, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Impactful work, good life balance

Cons

Lower salary than elsewhere in Industry

Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for holding our impactful work in high regard, just as we do. We're proud of each one of our employees and the meaningful contributions they make to the organization.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Kind people

Aug 21, 2022 - Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are very nice and the benefits are great as well

Cons

Pay wasn't great compared to some other business analyst positions

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good people, interesting work, great benefits, okay pay

Aug 22, 2022 - Systems Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are very friendly and you can learn a ton. Work is usually quite interesting. The benefits are great!

Cons

Actual take-home pay is low compared to the market.

Continue reading

Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for holding employees and benefits in high regard, just as we do. We're proud of each one of our employees and the meaningful contributions they make to the organization.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Overwork and underappreciate their employees

Aug 15, 2022 - Systems Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to developing novel technologies is the only pro of Lincoln Lab.

Cons

Resources and personnel are not managed which leads to most employees working much more than 40-hour weeks. Small teams are expected to do enough work for three times as many people. It is exhausting and unrealistic.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Aug 12, 2022 - Member Of Technical Staff in Lexington, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great projects, people, and a very collaborative environment. I work on very interesting and impactful projects that will support key Department of Defense objectives.

Cons

MIT LL is a flat organization so promotion opportunities are limited.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work, but has some warts

Aug 5, 2022 -  in Lexington, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting and challenging technical work Great coworkers and staff who are mostly generous with their time and talent

Cons

Organization is very flat with extremely limited opportunities for advancement and very opaque career advancement processes. Work load is very heavy and steadily increasing, while numerous of employees is capped.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are always open to conversation or brainstorming ideas if you feel there are ways we can do better.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Assistant Staff

Jun 29, 2022 - Assistant Staff Scientist in Lexington, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work, benefits, interesting projects, good supervisors

Cons

Too new to know for this role, lot of people not in office

1 person found this review helpful

Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to hear you’ve had a positive experience working at Lincoln Laboratory. We are seeing more & more people on site each day.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Work load

Jul 10, 2022 - Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not too much diverse role. You can’t expand beyond the slated role.

Cons

but very demanding…constantly racing against time. Your work mostly depends on the system admin schedule and responsiveness.

Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We understand each of our the workload can be demanding, but we’re doing our best to listen and implement improvements where we can. Keep sharing your ideas and feedback, we’re always listening!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 372 Reviews

MIT Lincoln Laboratory Reviews FAQs

MIT Lincoln Laboratory has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 539 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at MIT Lincoln Laboratory to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, MIT Lincoln Laboratory employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at MIT Lincoln Laboratory. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

87% of MIT Lincoln Laboratory employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MIT Lincoln Laboratory 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at MIT Lincoln Laboratory to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with MIT Lincoln Laboratory Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at MIT Lincoln Laboratory? Share Your Experiences

MIT Lincoln Laboratory Careers

Cover image for MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Rich Technical Challenges The real-world challenges of U.S. security and protection provide a continuously evolving array of satisfying,...More

• Working Here
  • Culture
  • Development

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

6 days ago

Careers
2022 Top Companies for Women Technologists We are pleased to share that Lincoln Laboratory has been recognized as a 2022 Top Companies for Women Technologists Participant! The AnitaB.org Top Companies for Women Technologists program is a national program that recognizes companies building workplaces where women can thrive. We are honored to share this recognition with 51 other companies, representing more than 101,000 women and non-binary technologists and 404,169 total technologists.
Shared image - MIT Lincoln Laboratory on LinkedIn: #womenintech #inclusivetech #ghc22
MIT Lincoln Laboratory on LinkedIn: #womenintech #inclusivetech #ghc22
www.linkedin.com

45 days ago

Company News
How did black holes shape the cosmos? Fast, low-noise X-ray sensors may provide the answer New imaging technology will help enable future large X-ray telescopes to trace the origin and growth of black holes and the ways they’ve shaped the cosmos. How did our universe of galaxies and stars come to look as it does? NASA’s Great Observatories, including the Chandra X-ray Observatory and the Hubble Space Telescope, have revealed that the interplay between galaxies and the enormous black holes they host is key to answering this question, but precisely how this interaction works remains a mystery. For example, how did black holes a billion times the mass of the Sun grow so soon after the big bang? How do black holes grow in apparent lockstep with their host galaxies? How do black holes control star formation over distances many billion times their own size? Click here to learn more: https://www.ll.mit.edu/news/how-did-black-holes-shape-cosmos-fast-low-noise-x-ray-sensors-may-provide-answer
Shared image - How did black holes shape the cosmos? Fast, low-noise X-ray sensors may provide the answer
www.ll.mit.edu

MIT Lincoln Laboratory Photos

+ Add Photo
MIT Lincoln Laboratory photo of: The Laboratory's Main Entrance
MIT Lincoln Laboratory photo of: MIT Lincoln Laboratory
MIT Lincoln Laboratory photo of: Some of the MIT Lincoln Laboratory Team that developed Localizing Ground Penetrating Radar.

Expert Career Advice