- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Massachusetts
- - Boston, MA Area
- - Lexington, MA
- - Boston, MA
- - Hanscom AFB, MA
- - Somerville, MA
- - Cambridge, MA
- - Burlington, MA
- - Waltham, MA
- - Tewksbury, MA
- - Westford, MA
- - Bedford, MA
- - Lowell, MA
- - Beverly, MA
- - Medford, MA
- - Lincoln, MA
- - Alabama
- - Huntsville, AL Area
- - Huntsville, AL
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - West Hollywood, CA
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - Texas
- - Houston, TX Area
- - La Porte, TX
- - Houston, TX
- - New Hampshire
- - Manchester, NH Area
- - Mont Vernon, NH
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Chicago, IL
- - New York State
- - Rochester, NY Area
- - Rochester, NY
- France - All Cities
- - Ile-de-France
- - Paris, France Area
- - Paris
- Belgium - All Cities
- - Brussels
- - Brussels, Belgium Area
- - Brussels
Found 390 of over 565 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "did i mention the people are great?" (in 73 reviews)
- "Great benefits for both the Laboratory and MIT" (in 55 reviews)
- "Good work life balance for specialists" (in 28 reviews)
- "Nice and smart coworkers." (in 11 reviews)
- "My experience there was phenomenal, I got to work with so many great students along with my great colleagues." (in 11 reviews)
- "i.e. pay was low." (in 22 reviews)
- "3%) Annual Salary." (in 20 reviews)
- "Abusive management." (in 12 reviews)
- "Possibilities of managers who aren't great at running projects leading to alot of frustrating days" (in 8 reviews)
- "Pay is low for the industry and pay raises are percentage based (3% is typical)." (in 7 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of MIT Lincoln Laboratory and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Featured ReviewMay 26, 2022 - Systems Engineer in Boston, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Ability to work on what you want Unlimited opportunities for growth. If you want to do something new here. Just do it. Work life balance is great
None that I can think of
- Current Employee★★★★★Dec 17, 2022 - Specialist in Lexington, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good work environment and collaborative
Not great mobility without a higher degree
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jan 30, 2023 - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The benefits are fantastic; matching 401K, MIT pension, PTO, federal holidays off, flexible work schedules.
The Lab has been around a long time and, despite junior employees finding newer, more efficient processes for executing tasks, there is still a lot of push back from lower level management with "this is how we have always done it". Can be discouraging at times but overall, I understood the reasoning why.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Dec 19, 2022 - Assistant StaffRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Cool innovative projects. If you work hard you can develop your own ideas to retain funding
There are no promotions for hard working and innovative staff members. They generally push people to quit versus promoting their own staff and it takes years to get promoted to the position you actually work at. This generally leads to high staff turnover. The thing that is the most frustrating is generally management realizes they need to replace the staff that quit with someone who works at the level they were asking for in the first place. The salaries are really low for the area and management is generally poor.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jan 25, 2023 - Business Manager in Lexington, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good benefits Great people Good Pay
Disorganized in some areas Very intelligent people who may not be willing to change Limited upward mobility for business backgrounds as engineering dominates
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct 18, 2022 - Teaching AssistantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I worked at the Beaver Works Summer Institute as a Teaching Assistant. My experience there was phenomenal, I got to work with so many great students along with my great colleagues. I participated in the program as a student the previous year, and it was a great time to come back as a TA to give back what the program has given me.
The program was hosted online, and as a result it was difficult at times to aid students with their projects. Additionally, it is sometimes difficult for students to connect with each other, but we utilized online platforms, such as Discord to help with that.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and insights as a former employee of Lincoln Laboratory! We are pleased you had a positive experience as a student and a TA and it is nice to read what you find most enjoyable about working at Lincoln Laboratory.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 30, 2022 - Technical Staff in Lexington, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Exciting work in all kinds of technical areas. Large enough to be very stable without being overwhelming.
Closely aligned with government/DoD so bureaucracy of some tasks can be annoying. Pay slightly lower than some similar industries, but job security is very good.
Thanks for sharing your appreciation for the research and work load across the Lab, as it signals we are focusing our efforts in the right areas. But we do understand that our incentives won’t appease everyone, but we’re doing our best to listen and improve where we can.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jan 10, 2023 - FinanceRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great place to work after COVID.
None that I can think of at the moment.
- Former Employee★★★★★Dec 5, 2022 - Quantum EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Technology emporium where you will learn a lot.
Could be more employee centric.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and insights as a former employee of Lincoln Laboratory! We are pleased you had a positive experience as a Quantum Engineer and it is nice to read what you found most enjoyable about working at Lincoln Laboratory.
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 29, 2022 - Assistant Group Leader in Lexington, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Excellent people, facilities, and world class research
Process and detail-laden. Can be slow to react.
Thank you for holding our employees and research in high regard, just as we do. We're proud of each one of our employees and the meaningful contributions they make to the organization.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory Reviews FAQs
MIT Lincoln Laboratory has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 565 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at MIT Lincoln Laboratory to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
87% of MIT Lincoln Laboratory employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MIT Lincoln Laboratory 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.