KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MITRE

Engaged Employer

MITRE

Add a Review

MITRE Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 21, 2021

Found 384 of over 1,442 reviews

3.9
MITRE President & CEO Jason Providakes
Jason Providakes
Pros
  • "Good benefits and nice work-life balance(in 372 reviews)

• "Great benefits and pay for a Florida-based job(in 80 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Company is losing its value proposition to sponsors(in 70 reviews)

• "Upper management has lost touch with Operations personnel(in 35 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about MITRE

Join the conversation on

Data & Analytics Consultants

16d

works at

Booz Allen Hamilton

Looking at jumping to other firms, but trying to navigate the positions they use for data and analytics leaders in consulting. I’m trying to move up overall, but can’t seem to find position alignment that sticks out; less director titles, and more principal engineer titles. Maybe it’s not knowing what I don’t know in progression at other firms in data. Any advice is helpful. Have looked at GT, MITRE, Deloitte, and others. TIA

1 Comment

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of MITRE and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Jan 21, 2021 - Product Manager in McLean, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and nice work-life balance

Cons

Nothing really , there were only positives.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Good, but management not so good.

Jan 18, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in McLean, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good retirement benefits really good work-life balance

Cons

You only move up if you know someone They like to "re-organize" older employees out of the company Not loyal to older employees

12 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Wonderful place to work

Jan 18, 2021 - Software Engineering Intern in Bedford, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful people, excellent environment, interesting projects, great work/life balance

Cons

Might not make quite as much as elsewhere

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Employees first

Jan 5, 2021 - Program Manager in McLean, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commitment to employees is top priority, including benefits offered and work/life balance. Strong commitment to the mission and delivering high quality technical work.

Cons

Highly academic/competitive environment. Organizational change fatigue and inconsistent business practices. Hard sciences valued heavily over soft sciences.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great work life balance

Jan 2, 2021 - Lead Network Engineer in Bedford, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee health is prioritized Work/life balance Research Opportunity

Cons

Can be difficult to network into good projects.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great “Stepping Stone” Job

Jan 16, 2021 - Cyber Security Engineer in Bedford, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life balance Training Mentoring Interesting work if you’re in the right department

Cons

Some work can be unsatisfying Upper management can get in the way

Continue reading
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome place to work!

Dec 28, 2020 - Network Engineer in Bedford, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- work life balance - benefits - responsabilities

Cons

- bureaucratic - many concurrent projects

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Working as an Administrative Assistant

Dec 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life Balance, great benefits, very interesting work with the US government

Cons

Political and executive management information does not trickle down

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Dec 25, 2020 - Principal Consultant in Norfolk, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is great

Cons

None that I can think of

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Get Your Act Together

Dec 2, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life Balance remains a value. Employees care about the mission.

Cons

To understand how MITRE has devolved on a macro level, answer to the following questions: Why would an ethical company try to claim credit for employees’ off-hour pursuits? Why would any employee give away their intellectual property? Why should employees include their personal accomplishments and activities in corporate databases just to receive participation ribbons (ROAR Awards) instead of compensation? When did the corporate values change? Over the last five years or so. One could brand it the new MITRE Way! The latest and greatest idea is to request staff members to provide contacts and ideas for partnerships to management. Guess they are so lacking in original thought; the PDs and officers need to beg for IP to brand as their initiatives and the company’s property. On a micro level, consider the following. It might also be useful to not penalize staff for non-participation in department meetings, especially when no charge codes are provided. The reverse also holds true. Keeping attendance records and providing points for showing up and/or providing snacks. The HR staff might want to determine if these incentives might be considered unfair labor practices (e.g., ad hoc and potentially discriminatory). Stop creating meaningless awards and establishing elementary school student rewards such as achievement badges. Hate to tell you Executive Management – these practices are not inspirational or effective. They are just expensive. Better to invest in real education and training for staff members. Perhaps actual recognition for consistent, strong performance and an actual heartfelt thank you might be added to the mix. You might find that morale and performance would improve.

Continue reading
      25 people found this review helpful

MITRE Response

Employee Relations Representative

Thank you for sharing your feedback. While we appreciate your thoughts, we believe the greater employee experience at MITRE differs appreciably from your perspective. While our corporate values remain the same, we are also guided by our cultural attributes, including speed, risk-taking, adaptability, grace and respect, and collaboration. These are all essential aspects of our culture at MITRE and we exhibit them daily. To continually increase our collective knowledge and foster growth for our employees, we invest substantially in learning options. Whether it is one of thousands of course offerings through MITRE Institute, talks from a government or professional expert, or sharing expertise across the organization, we provide countless ways for our employees to increase their knowledge and impact. Outside of the organization, we offer generous assistance through our educational assistance programs. To attract and retain the finest talent across the nation, we continue to refine and enrich our compensation and incentive programs. We want to ensure that our compensation programs remain leading and innovative. Our people continue to share with us how they appreciate being acknowledged and rewarded, whether individually or as part of a team, for contributions towards the impact we provide to our sponsors and partners and the fulfillment of our mission. Each year we review, modify, and enhance these awards and celebrations, both monetary and non-monetary. We invite you to speak with any member of our leadership team, your manager, or a member of human resources team to share and discuss your suggestions. As you know, MITRE is an organization that works in the public interest. Maintaining the highest ethical and professional standards is a responsibility we take very seriously. For this reason, we have established several methods for our employees to express a concern. If you have encountered behaviors that you believe do not align with our workplace culture or corporate values, we encourage you to utilize one of those methods, which are accessible to all our employees.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 384 Reviews