MMGY Global Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2020

3.2
MMGY Global President & CEO Clayton Reid (no image)
Clayton Reid
Pros
  • "The people are great and there’s real opportunity to develop meaningful work relationships(in 7 reviews)

• "Opportunity to learn and work on various projects for big client in the travel industry(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management is horrible, the main person in charge Clayton is as slimy as they come(in 8 reviews)

• "You had to be in Kansas City, or it was very difficult or impossible to progress your career(in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Place with Limited Drawbacks"

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at MMGY Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Interesting client roster - Smart teammates who act as a team - Great vacation policy (even for new/young employees) - Have made great strides in right sizing pay discrepancies - Approachable senior leadership

Cons

- Work life balance can ebb and flow depending on client needs/client list (But Not as Bad as Some Agencies) - Office space is very open which doesn't fit some people's working styles/preferences - Office is lacking in "creative spaces" for breakout sessions and casual brainstorms

January 24, 2020

Yay! I'm so glad to hear you're having such a great experience with us! It's been an exciting few weeks, as you know, including winning 40 HSMAI awards (more than anyone in the entire industry!) and the announcement of several significant initiatives, including two world-class technology solutions to support our feedforward culture and mental health, plans for a new office for our DC team members and a new KC headquarters. With the new office for LA late last year, we're continually looking at our spaces to make sure they create the best possible opportunities for collaborative teams and inspiring work. Thank you for your feedback, and feel free to reach out to me, Lorraine or Julie if you'd like to share more about your thoughts on how we continue to be a fun place to work! -Jenn Toro, HR Partner

2. "Churn & Burn"

2.0
    Former Employee - Social Media in Kansas City, MO

I worked at MMGY Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun environment, inspiring client work

Cons

They don't invest in employee growth and end up with a revolving door of junior staff.

3. "Insights from a Long-Time Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at MMGY Global full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've been an employee at MMGY for over 10 years because of three things: the clients, the work and the people. In terms of clients, the agency is focused in the travel, hospitality and entertainment industries and it feels great to know the work we are doing is positively impacting the world by creating meaningful memories and connecting people to places and cultures. We also get the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clientele which keeps the work varied. The work itself is rewarding and seeing the work come to fruition is amazing. Like all things the more passion and care that gets put into the work by the collective team, the more accomplished and recognized the work is. When the effort and collaboration is not there the work will suffer. I have always found that those who work hard and share the vision of the organization are the ones who thrive. Lastly, the people. The associates at MMGY are amazing. Almost everyone is friendly, helpful and collaborative. While all agencies experience turn over and at times layoffs, there is a significant amount of tenured employees. Long lasting friendships are forged here. Additionally, over the past two years the leadership has shown a commitment to improvement through new employee programs, improved benefits, refreshed workspaces, training and wellness programs. The organization has grown tremendously in size and is keeping pace with improving their compensation/benefits and helping associates strike a work/life balance.

Cons

The agency is fast-paced and associates are expected to be able to adapt quickly to change. This does not work for everybody, but it is the reality of agency life and the evolving market. At times the work is demanding and requires extra effort and longer days.

Continue reading
  4. "Great people, great work"

Former Employee - Social Content Creator

I worked at MMGY Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

I only stayed a short time at MMGY, but everyday I felt right at home. My coworkers became my friends, and we challenged each other to create the most innovative content possible for our clients. There is no better marketing agency to work at in Kansas City!

Cons

Due to the large size of the Kansas City office, there was sometimes a bit of miscommunication. But nothing that couldn’t be fixed with a quick meeting or phone call.

January 8, 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience with us for the world to hear! I'm so glad that while brief, you had a great experience with us overall and built life-long relationships! Happy New Year and best of luck in all your endeavors! Hopefully our paths continue to cross! -Jenn Toro, HR Business Partner

"Dream Clients, Incredible Opportunities Ahead"

Former Employee - Vice President, Group Account Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MMGY Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rapidly growing company that represents among the best brands in the travel industry. Dream client roster, and the clients themselves are smart and fun to work for. LA office moving into a brand new location in Culver City (September 2019) that will serve as one (of many) flagship locations for the company, complete with all the brag-worthy amenities (yes, it has a dog run. yes, it has a gym. yes, the gym has peloton bikes). Culture overall is fast-paced and growth oriented, yet down to earth given the company's midwest roots (the CEO, for example, will take anybody's call, no matter your title). LA culture is young and friendly - with a 'get it done at all costs' mentality. People here are talented and work very hard, but also experience incredible work/life balance. Given the growth trajectory, employees who jump-in, do good work, and raise their hands as new business comes in the door (which is happening every day) will be rewarded with tremendous opportunities to grow their career and learn a lot. I know that, because these very opportunities were given to me during my time at the company.

Cons

Change doesn't happen overnight and there are inherent growing pains the company is working to fix. In my 2+ years at the company, I watched many get ironed out and fully expect that to continue.

6. "I enjoyed my time at MMGY"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Kansas City, MO

I worked at MMGY Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Travel industry, management team, global orientation, workload

Cons

Heating and cooling system in office, parking

Continue reading

"Dynamic agency with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at MMGY Global full-time

Pros

The company is in a fast-paced growth mode, which means a lot of evolution and an opportunity to be part of that growth while working alongside bright people on really cool, inspiring clients. Overall, leadership cares about it being a great place to work and taking care of people. Doing inspiring work while getting paid and great benefits and perks? #winning

Cons

The company has grown really fast over the last couple of years, and I think that's been chaotic at times. It means a new way of thinking needs to be considered - broader transparency, empowering people in new and different ways to keep the company moving and strategic relationship building across time zones, locations and business units.

Continue reading

"Horrible company that doesn't honor their agreements with employees"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Kansas City, MO

I worked at MMGY Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

A majority of the co-workers are talented and very friendly

Cons

Upper management is horrible, the main person in charge Clayton is as slimy as they come. He can't be trusted. They refuse to invest in employees, equipment or applications. They push out knowledgeable and talented people and they promote ones that lack knowledge and ability. Parking stinks, they actually own the parking lot but charge the employees to park there. When the weather is bad they refuse to let people work from home and will force them to use vacation time.

Continue reading
  9. "Good Company -- still need to work out kinks"

I worked at MMGY Global full-time

Pros

Collaborative environment, cool people, top tier clients

Cons

management needs a lot of work

May 8, 2019

Thank you for sharing your perspective! We're glad to hear you found MMGY Global to be a collaborative, communal environment and we hope life has taken you to some new and exciting places! -Jenn Toro, HR Partner

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at MMGY Global full-time

Pros

Really is a team atmosphere, everyone works well together and helps out when needed. Company is growing and expanding, internationally. Opportunity to travel. Company provides snacks/beverages/and lunches on occasions. Company works well with personal schedule (family, school, medical appts., personal matters). Have a very generous PTO. Provide great benefits to FTE.

Cons

Because of expanding, teams from various locations do not have get to meet each other in person.

Found 62 reviews