MOL AMERICA Reviews | Glassdoor

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

I have been working at MOL AMERICA full-time

Pros

I have been working for MOL for two years now, great environment and co-workers are helpful and friendly. My managers and even upper management are very approachable and appreciate what you do. Great company to work for.

Cons

N/A - great place to work, really happy here.

2. "No complaints"

Former Employee - Analyst in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Lombard, IL

I worked at MOL AMERICA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Room for advancement, but advancing might involve you being willing to jump into a different type of job or job function.

Cons

Took a while to be fully aware of what other departments/functions do.

3. "An honest Opinion"

Current Employee - Import Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Import Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MOL AMERICA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dear reader,

This is my opinion of how I value MOL and my co-workers. No hype or propaganda, just happy to be part of a great company.

Progressive thinking, dynamic, fair and offers significant upward mobility. The tools, training and coaching are given to succeed. MOL invests in their employees through competitive pay, awesome benefits, 37.5 hour work week and a relaxed work environment to name a few. All levels of management make employee welfare a priority.

I work with a great team of people from multiple locations and am both proud and fortunate to have so much talent within our company. As a leader, I am only as good as the weakest member of my assigned team. Feeling very strong! We embrace the good and acknowledge the bad as an improvement opportunity during our workday.

No company is perfect but a company who listens to suggestions from all staff for perfection comes close. Our area manager holds regular on site luncheons with randomly picked staff and is actively engaged to hear both the good and bad. My counterparts and I also encourage fresh ideas and suggestions to improve our handling of imports.

Cons

I could say traffic but having multiple shifts of work allows for that to be largely avoided on most days.

Advice to Management

Remain transparent with our exciting year ahead of us.

"Claims Administrator"

I worked at MOL AMERICA full-time

Pros

Exposure to maritime laws, contact with insurance companies, freight brokers, other shipping companies

Cons

Low salary, lack of organization in Claims department and lack of growth

"it was good a decade ago."

I worked at MOL AMERICA full-time

Pros

good benefit, good salary if sales and management team.

Cons

series of laid off, non stop reorganizations.

7. "Export Coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MOL AMERICA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a wonderful company to work for! MOL has a relaxed but structured environment, which inspires the staff to work together in a very agile atmosphere. The staff respects each other and individual career growth is encouraged.

Cons

I don't have any cons to share.

8. "Working at MOL"

Pros

I've been in the workforce for nearly 20 years, and MOL’s culture is second to none. Management truly seems to care, and they empower their employees to make a difference. MOL offers a positive atmosphere with plenty of opportunities…

Cons

The shipping industry is working through a depressed market, and MOL faces those same challenges.

"Export Coordinator"

Former Employee - Export Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Export Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at MOL AMERICA (More than a year)

Pros

Its a pay check and that is all.

Cons

Very intrusive social environment and by that I mean as soon as you start they all want to be your best friend. They will request you on facebook, linkedin, snapchat, twitter, and anywhere else online you may be active. The reason for this is while you are unaware they will pull your profiles up at work and talk about your house, family, and how they 'think' you live. I am not making it up and have seen it with my own eyes so word of the wise is not to trust anyone in that building. The work environment is extremely political and they will deny this to the high heavens but its never what you know its who you know and how much they like you. So, don't be surprised when you notice people laughing on command and shunning others with no good justifiable reason. Its just the way some people secure a check at the expense of their dignity and it goes on in all offices but here they have definitely leveled up. Management isn't anything to write home about and in my time there I did not find them to be very honest at all. The team leads who were on the floor to help were useless and they basically did your job at a bigger cubicle and had zero pull in serious situations. Once you get let go they will give you a bad reference too and think it won't get back to you. So be wary of putting your time there on your resume because the shipping industry is big but small and most of these people know each other. Also the job title they will give you will be misleading because if you go any where else as an Export Coordinator they will be expecting a completely different skill set. A true Export Coordinator handles an ocean or air freight booking from start to finish. At MOL a coordinator is basically a call center representative providing customer service to the people who really are coordinating the shipment. Another thing that always rubbed me the wrong way because of the emphasis placed on it are the 'happy hour' bar meetings that happen on Fridays. To put it in its simplest terms nothing good could come from it and nothing good ever did. Besides being a steaming cess pool of personal rumors and other miscellaneous gossip its a get drunk and behave irresponsibly event and it may sound fun but its really not...trust me. Women gained reputations they couldn't shake from those nights and others fell victim to rumors and never got a fair shot afterwards. Training is also really lacking for new hires and after they will throw you out on the floor and expect a very VERY high level of production out of you. The catch is that if you aren't immediately up to speed then they will make fun of you at the happy hour then fire you. I have seen it happen....

Advice to Management

Move everything off shore and save yourself the payroll your spending on the people in Atlanta, GA

10. "Coordinator"

I have been working at MOL AMERICA full-time

Pros

For me, work/life balance is really important. That's probably what I like the best about my job. They also have good benefits and I like the work environment.

Cons

The work flow can ebb and flow and sometimes things can get hectic if we are short staffed. Sometimes we get short staffed when people go out on vacation etc. and it makes the workload heavier for the other team members.

11. "Recruiting Coordinator"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MOL AMERICA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great company. A great amount of training is available and there is plenty of room to grow. I would highly recommend this company.

Cons

I do not have any cons about this company. Everyone has been really nice and I am pretty satisfied.