MONI Smart Security Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Jeff Gardner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There are no cons to this great company (in 5 reviews)

• no company based cons, was just too far of a commute, that is the reason for 4 star on work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"My Moni Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Security Advisor in Farmers Branch, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Security Advisor in Farmers Branch, TX

I have been working at MONI Smart Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company gives back to the community. Not only do they have food drives and buddy programs during the holiday season, but they also take a personal investment into each employee's life. The starting hourly wage is also very competitive.

Cons

This company ALWAYS feeds us. This is definitely a CON to someone on a diet like myself.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote within. It's much easier to relate to someone who has been in your position before.

2. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist

Pros

Strong management team. Really cares for employees.

Cons

There aren't any. Great company.

3. "Definitely love the atmosphere, I can honestly say I enjoy coming to work every day."

Current Employee - Senior Security Advisor
    Current Employee - Senior Security Advisor

I have been working at MONI Smart Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's so many opportunities at this company, they are very big on promoting from within. Some fun facts: they give free food all the time, ping pong, arcade machine, basketball court, foosball table and most importantly the people that work here.

Cons

Nothing off the top of my head. Yet, I'm sure as with any company there will always be something that you don't really like.

Advice to Management

Take the time to recognize and value those that are truly passionate about what they do as it will impact whether they choose to stay or go away

4. "Moni Smart Security"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MONI Smart Security full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for! I have been with Moni for 3 years and have been promoted 4 times. Moni has great culture and great employees.

Cons

No Cons working at Moni

"Funding Specialist - 'Let go' Early 2017"

Former Employee - Funding Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Funding Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at MONI Smart Security full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Casual dress; decent work place environment; a good place to perfect my witty banter for almost three years while consistently bossing my deadlines.

Cons

-You will be laid off or terminated in the end, but that's life.

-No company identity and a 'one-trick pony' in comparison to the industry leaders who strive (and succeed) in actually turning a consistent profit.

-Unsustainable business model from the top down, thus leading to the inevitable hundreds of layoffs every 3-4 years while they regroup and reconstruct another short term strike plan; very strange dynamic within particular departments (i.e. Favoritism, Friendships, Clicks, etc.).

Advice to Management

You Einsteins should probably rethink collectively posting your overly-enthusiastic 5 star reviews about Moni all on July 31, 2017. A bit aggressive, if I'm being honest.

6. "Great from the START!!"

I have been working at MONI Smart Security full-time

Pros

Moni has a huge focus on the client....one call resolution and a great support team helps all team members excel!!

Cons

I'm on a diet....they literally feed us all the time.

Advice to Management

Great job!!!

7. "Training"

Current Employee - Technical Trainer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Trainer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MONI Smart Security full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is the funnest place I have ever worked. I have never worked for a company that actually cares about their employees. There are so many exciting things happening here everyday that it doesn't even feel like work most days.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Continue to make this company a great place to be. Remember that if your employees are happy, so will your customers.

8. "Find your niche and make it a career"

Current Employee - Customer Technical Support Supervisor
    Current Employee - Customer Technical Support Supervisor

I have been working at MONI Smart Security full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been employed with Moni Smart Security for three and a half years, and I have enjoyed coming to work every day. I started in tech support and could not love the department more.

Training is made interesting by a trainer who has started where every new hire is now. The training doesn't stop once you graduate training either. There is reoccurring training and hosted seminars to keep your knowledge up.

Each call is like a puzzle, some challenging enough you'll learn something new by the end. I love making customers feel secure by diagnosing and fixing their issues so that their alarm system is in perfect working order.

The Leadership is one thing the separates Moni from other companies I've worked at. Supervisors regularly acknowledge good work ethic and high performance. Getting recognition in the way of a pat on the back feels validating and motivating on its own, but it also opens the doors for other opportunities to grow. Leadership is invested in the development and success of every agent to create an environment where struggling agents can become top performers.

Career growth with Moni is very real. Moni has Sr. Managers that were at one time phone agents. Even within a single department you can become a Mentor, an Engagement Coach, a Lead, and even a Supervisor within a couple years. Moving to other departments is a regular occurrence in Moni as well. Some go to sales departments for the chance to make even more money. Some finished degrees (using tuition reimbursement) and certifications and took a spot on our in-house IT department. And many have settled into our many roles interacting with and supporting our dealers and technicians.

You earn a very healthy amount of Time Off. Even a new employee in an entry level position will earn 120 hours of Time Off in a 12 month period. this makes it pretty easy to plan vacations, or just take a random day off. I love working so much I have to use time off randomly to prevent from hitting the cap.

-Tuition reimbursement
    -Medical/Optical/Dental benefits
    -401k

Cons

Located in Carrollton, the commute can get quite long for some.

9. "Dealer and Customer Tech Support, Customer Service, Loyalty."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Farmers Branch, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Farmers Branch, TX

I have been working at MONI Smart Security full-time

Pros

Job security, if you do your job well, you can grow and be here a long time.

Cons

Some of that growth causes you to lose a great agent to another role because it pays more than what you can pay to keep them.

Advice to Management

Pay more to retain good, higher performing agents.

10. "Great lpace to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Farmers Brnch, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Farmers Brnch, TX

I have been working at MONI Smart Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office, very friendly staff

Cons

I have no cons to report