MOUNTAIN LTD. Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
CEO
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Customer Service Rep"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kalispell, MT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kalispell, MT

I have been working at MOUNTAIN LTD. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are very efficient at communicating about time card issues, ADP issues and are always willing to help. Karen Green is a wonderful person to interact with.

Cons

Wish the background check process was a little more streamlined.

2. "Project Coordinator job"

Pros

Good pay, benefits, people,

Cons

Work load, location, family time

Advice to Management

Relax and be a little more positive

3. "Contract"

Current Employee - Contract Engineer in Oakley, ID
    Current Employee - Contract Engineer in Oakley, ID

I have been working at MOUNTAIN LTD. (More than a year)

Pros

I love working from home and working for strong home based teams.

Cons

Sometimes the turn around times on jobs are unrealistic

Advice to Management

Team Building!!!!

4. "A truly great place to work!"

I have been working at MOUNTAIN LTD. full-time

Pros

Amazing Work Culture
    Friendly People
    "Work hard, play hard" environment
    Incredible growth that they share with employees

Cons

The medical options for what is covered could be expanded (mental health, holistic health)(although dental, 401k, vision is good).

Advice to Management

Keep up the team building and caring about employees the way you do, it's been great working here and being a part of the team!

"Review"

Pros

Friendly staff.
    FLEXIBLE schedules.
    fast email responses.

Cons

I never hear from my Mountain LTD "agent" who is supposed to call me monthly to see how I am, see if i have questions or concerns, she just emails me and says "i called most of you..."

I have never actually had an annual review from Mountain and I've been here for a few years now and had to ask for a raise.

you have to take a dollar pay cut just to wait an additional year to get vacation or sick time, doesn't matter if you have been a great employee.

Advice to Management

Offer your employees more to get them to stay... Offer sick time and vacation time without having to wait a year to utilize them, after taking a pay cut.

"Nice people"

Current Employee - Engineering Assistant in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Engineering Assistant in Provo, UT

Pros

They are very helpful and call to see how things are going.
    Good pay

Cons

Won't reimburse me for supplies needed to do my job. I work from home and spend a lot on ink and paper.

7. "Onboarding Specialist"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Onboarding Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Onboarding Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at MOUNTAIN LTD. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Employee morale was very important to the higher ups.

Cons

Came on during some restructuring that was unavoidable.
    Have a more clear lower level chain of command.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

8. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in New Gloucester, ME
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New Gloucester, ME

Pros

Mountain is one of the most unique workplaces that I have had the opportunity to be a part of. The company goes out of its way to show appreciation for its employee’s with things like contest, prizes, awards, dinners, happy hours etc. As a recruiter, my position was challenging but also very rewarding. If you do your research you will see that the staffing industry has its own unique set of challenges. These things include unresponsive hiring mangers/gatekeepers, unreliable candidates and sometimes unrealistic pay ranges. Mountain does everything within its power to limit this prohibitions, but cannot eliminate them. Somebody looking to become a recruiter should be ready for the hustle that is involved with doing contract recruiting. From day one, I was provided with a formula for success and clear expectations.

My colleagues were the some of the most brightest, dedicated and caring people that I have ever worked with. After spending some time, I quickly learn that Mountain has a tradition of excellence to which the never compromise. If you are pursuing a career with Mountain, know that this is the quintessential “Work Hard Play Hard” atmosphere.

The position is your standard base plus commission BUT, if you are good at what you do, you can quickly build a very generous monthly commissions. Commission is uncapped.

My decision to leave mountain was the hardest decision of my life

Cons

The demands of the business often dictate the schedule so it is not the typical salary-type flexibility. That being said, managers are often very accommodating to one off schedule change request.

Advice to Management

Keep building the culture. I think that Mountain is attempting to do something different in a surging industry.

My advice....the further that you distance yourselves from traditional staffing model, the more autonomy your employees will possess. I think that this autonomy will keep employees from feeling the wear and tear effects of contract recruiting.

Other than that, keep doing what you are doing!

"Cult"

Pros

Location of the office, good parking, nice scenery from the building. The market on the property to get lunch. Nothing about the company itself.

Cons

Where to begin.... If you want to work with people that back stab, gossip and lie to their employees on a daily basis, mountain is for you. Management can not be trusted at all. They tap all phones and login to your computer to see what you are doing. They don't trust anyone so they spy on you. They make their meetings seem like everything is transparent, However, again, all lies. Track your own numbers for a correct commission!!! They say that family comes first and take a day off if you need to, be careful.... They use this against you and you will hear about if when they fire you. Don't trust the happy hours, they watch everything you say and do and have fired people for things that happen outside of the office, very unprofessional managers. What word comes to mind in reference to mountain....SHADY.

Advice to Management

Start over, all of the management including the coo can't be trusted, they give mountain a bad name. Either clean house or close down. Mountain gives the recruiting industry a bad name and you have a horrible reputation.

10. "If it were easy....it wouldn't be fun"

I have been working at MOUNTAIN LTD. full-time

Pros

Great culture, people, and position in an ever expanding industry.

Cons

Nature of the industry makes forecasting very difficult, so the only options are hypothesis and decisive action.