MOUNTAIN LTD. Reviews

Updated May 17, 2022

Found 94 of over 123 reviews

3.9
MOUNTAIN LTD. Chief Operating Officer Laura April Metivier (no image)
Laura April Metivier

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Pay is good and that is the only good thing(in 10 reviews)
  • "They have been very good to me and are great people to work with.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Friendly staff.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Not everyone makes it because it is a culture where employees hold each other accountable to doing great things.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Flexible scheduling, as long as work is getting done on time!(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Earn what you're worth

Apr 20, 2022 - Field Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unit pay opens opportunities for great earnings.

Cons

Unit pay means that you sometimes don't have much work to do for a time = very little pay.

2. 4.0

Contract Work

May 17, 2022 - Engineer Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of opportunities for overtime. AutoCAD experience

Cons

Engineer Assistants are contracted and as such, their pay/workload can vary.

3. 4.0

paid on time

May 13, 2022 - Construction Inspector
    Business Outlook

Pros

you get experience dealing with people

Cons

no vacation time, no holidays

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Setting It Straight

Mar 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working for Mtn Ltd and felt inclined to post a review after a few negative postings from prior employees. It is true - Mtn is not for everyone. We are a culture of hard working employees. I am surrounded by a bunch of over-achievers and I love it. We did not become the largest and best engineering telecommunications company in the country by just sitting back and talking about whether or not our manager likes us or not. It's pretty easy. You do your work, you put in your time, you see success - you are rewarded. My life has been personally transformed in unimaginable ways because of the opportunities that Mountain has provided to me. No - they did not just hand them over. I - like my co-workers - have had to work tirelessly to achieve success. This does not mean that it has been easy. It has not. The standards are high. Not everyone makes it because it is a culture where employees hold each other accountable to doing great things. So, is there a clique? Maybe? It's a clique of people that want to be surrounded by people that get things done. There are too many reviews where it's obvious that past employees obviously didn't know what was going on. As an example, I have seen - first hand - where Mountain has disengaged from certain clients because the rates were too low, the client's leadership was not in sync with Mountain's values or the demands just were unrealistic. It's just too bad that those that left never really got or saw this and instead concentrated on what they didn't get.

Cons

The only real con are the past employees that didn't make it and are bitter about their lack of success. It's too bad as Mtn should not be defined by this. We would not be the best in the industry if these things were true. In a world where I could go and work anywhere, I choose Mtn . I am surrounded by the best of the best. By people that inspire and push me to become better than I ever thought I could that I would never want to let down.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

MOUNTAIN has been transformational for my career

Dec 13, 2021 - Market Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined MOUNTAIN as a Recruiter, and felt incredibly fulfilled whenever I was able to pair the perfect candidate with their dream job. Over time, I began gaining interest in how I could support our clients and create even more opportunity for the candidates we support. MOUNTAIN saw my initiative and desire to do more, and invested in my training to become a Market Manager. Now, I work with amazing clients to support their engineering and personnel needs. I'm proud of what I have been able to accomplish since I started at MOUNTAIN, and I am so appreciative for the chance I've had to make my mark here.

Cons

I haven't encountered any cons - any issues have been able to be overcome by communicating with my team or leader.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

I built a career at MOUNTAIN!

Aug 17, 2021 - Recruiting Manager in Portland, ME
    Business Outlook

Pros

I came into MOUNTAIN, LTD. without any experience in recruiting or telecom. This company was willing to invest in me. I started as a Junior Recruiter and began a career path that took me to Recruiter, Senior Recruiter and now Recruiting Manager. Throughout my time at MOUNTAIN, I have received training from a supportive management team and mentors. I worked hard and have a rewarding career at MOUNTAIN, not just a job. Every day I am learning and am encouraged to share ideas. I love that MOUNTAIN provides so much opportunity for growth, not only for myself but anyone with interest in growing their career. MOUNTAIN has a great reputation for treating its contract employees well. I am proud to share this with candidates interested in working with the company. Each contract employee has a point of contact to reach for support. I have built incredible relationships with employees I have recruited, and look forward to connecting on a regular basis. Training programs are in place at MOUNTAIN and it’s been rewarding to recruit candidates for entry level roles, then watch them grow into engineering, project management, drafting or other positions that interest them. It’s just as rewarding to see seasoned candidates join the company and express satisfaction in finding an ideal career fit. The motto at MOUNTAIN is “work hard, play hard.” This is true - our teams work hard together and celebrate our success! My colleagues are friendly professionals who are motivated to succeed. My position at MOUNTAIN has been nothing short of an amazing journey. I would absolutely recommend MOUNTAIN to anyone seeking a fulfilling career.

Cons

Working remotely can be challenging.

7. 1.0

Really Disillusioned

Mar 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- HQ Campus - Staff team-building activities

Cons

- Management: They do not have your best interests in mind at all and in fact are constantly "building cases" for termination or retaliation for every minor detail missed. They provide very little opportunity for growth, professional development, or even just basic cost of living increases. There is a culture of "us vs. them" that ensures the employees will always end up at the bottom. In short, you always feel small and insignificant no matter how hard you work. - Culture: There exists a hierarchy amongst staff that permeates every aspect of the work. This goes beyond management and includes other employees where there is clear favoritism so even amongst the high-performing employees, if you are not a favorite, then you are "out." Beware of the company that says "we're all family here" as then you're gaslighted into believing things are better than what they are. They are so concerned with appearances (ex. asking employees to write reviews), that it becomes more about what they're projecting rather than what actually exists. - Lack of Transparency: Closed door meetings are a common occurrence where decisions are made about job responsibilities, employee engagement efforts, or even just updates to the organization as a whole. Then suddenly, your job changes with additional responsibilities consistently added to your plate without discussion first about your capacity to do so or the resources you might need to make it happen. This also aligns with the fact that the job duties presented at the beginning of employment are often generic so there is a lot of room left for changes without consultation. - Clients: As with any business, there were often instances of having to engage difficult clients, that often made unrealistic demands of the organization and its employees. But rather than speaking to the employees about ways in which to accommodate these requests or negotiate ways in which these could be made more reasonable, MTN management would always side with the client - at the expense of its employees capacity, ability, and overall job satisfaction. This also trickled down to the contractors who also had no say in what their job could and would look like - resulting in continuous turnover with them as well.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not For Everyone

Mar 17, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent coworkers- supportive and engaging culture

Cons

Immediate Leadership left something to be desired. Felt a bit like high school- clique-y

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

So glad I found this company!

Jul 15, 2021 - Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coming to work for MOUNTAIN has proven to be one of the best decisions that I have made. Wonderful coworkers, room to grow, flexibility, a beautiful office/business park, and frequent gestures of appreciation have made my experience here a great one.

Cons

While any business may have some cons to working there, anything I would have to say about MOUNTAIN would be nitpicking. This is really a great place to work.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Dec 12, 2021 - Outside Plant Engineer in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

There was decent work life balance.

Cons

There was favoritism with how rules were applied.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Reviews

MOUNTAIN LTD. Reviews FAQs

MOUNTAIN LTD. has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 123 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at MOUNTAIN LTD. to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, MOUNTAIN LTD. employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at MOUNTAIN LTD.. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

76% of MOUNTAIN LTD. employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MOUNTAIN LTD. 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at MOUNTAIN LTD. to be management, culture, career development and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, benefits.

Popular Careers with MOUNTAIN LTD. Job Seekers