MPC Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David A. Young

1. "Great company until it was no more"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

I worked at MPC Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MPC had room for job advancement, a fun work environment, fair salary, pretty good documentation and processes. Decent hours and some flexibility helped to balance work / life schedule.

Cons

They didn't make it with the down turn of the economy which may have been bad timing with the Gateway consumer line acquisition which occurred not long before. Not much in the way of say bonuses since the company was privately held by investors.

Advice to Management

I felt my direct managers were easy to talk with and always willing to listen. Honestly the work ethic and values they showed helped me down the road with my other jobs. I would say always mentor your employees, listen and try to be fair with work assigned. Promote a persons strengths and encourage training for any improvements.

2. "Sales Account Executive"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager, Account Executive in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager, Account Executive in Boise, ID

I worked at MPC Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Was in charge of a large area of fortune 500 companies to introduce and sell systems to server arrays, laptops,desktops and all kinds of parts and products the customers might have need. I enjoyed calling on my customers but also making 80 calls for new business. Trying to find ways that would really benefit the customer and make there job easier.

Cons

We would have traing every week as new upgrades for all the different parts chips hard drives ect would make our sales difficult telling a prospective customer that the systems I just sent to them would be obsolete very quickly. Speeds and feeds was our mantra.

Advice to Management

Hire street wise sales people, who have been tempered and do not let objections end the call. I have continued to refresh my education as I have learning all the new nuances of Office 2016 and have been certified for all four office programs, word, excel, access, powerpoint also sway which makes it very easy to due a presentation on the fly. I also have learned using salesforce and love it ability to bring the whole company with the sales person while out on the road. I have learned marketing strategies using all the newest social media sites and can build websites as well as consult with customers how to use these platforms to gain many new customers.

3. "Assembler"

Current Employee - Assembler in Richland Center, WI
    Current Employee - Assembler in Richland Center, WI

I have been working at MPC Corporation full-time

Pros

Music all the time and friendly people to work for. But the pay could be a little better in our department.

Cons

Too much repetition. Running out of parts constantly.

Advice to Management

Up the pay for assembly just a little more like a dollar maybe..

5. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Eastchester, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in Eastchester, NY

I worked at MPC Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

Gained insight into real estate valuations

Cons

The company did not have an ideal location.

6. "boring but decent pay and good incentives"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Walworth, WI
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Walworth, WI

I have been working at MPC Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

incentives program is pretty good, make about 100 extra a month just on that

Cons

very boring job
    a lot of favoritism- i have a hispanic manager and he is pretty biased towards the other spanish speaking workers

Advice to Management

let people listen to music

7. "Great"

Pros

Great ability to upscale in the job

Cons

Nothing bad to say about this company

8. "Experience at MPC"

Current Employee - HESS in Texas City, TX
    Current Employee - HESS in Texas City, TX

I have been working at MPC Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, good location and flexibility

Cons

Benefits are not the greatest.

9. "MPC has hard workers that need a vision & strategy to keep head above water."

Current Employee - Too Small of Company to Say : ) in Nampa, ID
    Current Employee - Too Small of Company to Say : ) in Nampa, ID

Pros

Benefits are good & people really do work hard to make a difference in a customers experience. I have a forward thinking manager that wants to make change & lets our department know what she knows w/o revealing any secrets that we are NOT supposed to know.

Cons

No (communicated) vision beyond getting to the next quarter. I have never seen our CEO say "this is where we want to be" (w/o it being linked to the bottom line). The vision of the company should come from the top, not a small department that needs something to grasp on to in order to start/complete a project.
    When it comes to taking a company to the next level, it shouldn't all be about the bottom line. If you create passion with-in a company about the vision, numbers will hit due to the "ownership" that employees will embrace.

Advice to Management

I want to see leadership from the top that resonates down, I want to see forward thinking...not the same thing over and over and over.

10. "Great CEO - Poor Sr management outside of that"

Current Employee - Field Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Field Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Flexibility since I am in the field. Also, smaller company so feedback gets up the chain quickly. Benefits are ok compared to other companies. Mostly a friendly work enviornment.

Cons

Company is not successful, management is incompetent with decisions they make. Costing is not in line with our competition. Human Resources is not in the loop as to all the issues are going on. Also, there are no processess or planning that goes on with changes and they are very indecisive on things. Customer service and response times are very low due to incompetence at the senior management level. Poor credit ratings and banks are unwiling to borrow money. 401k matching is less than our companies, there is not a clear reporting methodology and seems like there are guessing on how to compensate people.

Advice to Management

Must have better planning and decision making skills. Lack of processess and poor judgement in making decisions.

11. "Dedicated employee dissatisfied with management performance"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Sioux Falls, SD

Pros

close to home. decent compensation.

Cons

Poor communication. Ineffective planning & forecasting.

Advice to Management

need to have better planning & better execution by management team