MPI Research Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Robert H. DeWit, PhD
1 Rating

Cons

1. "Interning at MPI Research"

Current Intern - Biostatistics Associate I in Mattawan, MI
    Current Intern - Biostatistics Associate I in Mattawan, MI

I have been working at MPI Research as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Continuous learning opportunities. Collaborative atmosphere. Large company but well connected. Work space is in cubical format so each employee has personal space that is usually not shared.

Cons

Not a ton of feedback on personal performance. A fair amount of paperwork is required in any clinical atmosphere; this one included.

2. "JOIN A WINNING TEAM!"

Current Employee - Project Leader in Mattawan, MI
    Current Employee - Project Leader in Mattawan, MI

I have been working at MPI Research full-time

Pros

MPI is one of the best companies to work for in Michigan if not THE best!

- Competitive pay 50-80% higher wages than other local employers
    - Affordable benefits, health, dental, life insurance, PTO, flex scheduling, work from home (scientific staff only)...
    - Flexible scheduling for your needs, @ MPI we value our ability to give employees time daily to spend with family, further their education, or, heck, to just plain have fun!
    - Unlimited opportunities for VOLUNTARY OVERTIME! Lots of available hours for employees to earn extra cash helping out other shifts!
    - Paid time off, well above average, but with such a relaxed family environment putting in for PTO is like taking a vacation from a vacation!!!
    - Progressive disciplinary ladder so you can learn from mistakes not get burned from mistakes!
    - Opportunities for advancement in pay and responsibilities have grown exponentially the last three years!
    - Commitment to open, and caring, communication with managers and Study Directors (I call them coaches)!
    - Commitment to WORLD CLASS training, equipment, and support. Ask, ask, ask, and it will be given!!!

Cons

Cons?
    - If you're reading this review you work somewhere else
    - You're not working at MPI Research
    - You're waiting to hear back after your interview
    - You're not part of the family yet

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! A few bad apples, that couldn't adhere to the disciplinary process, can't stop this train!!!!

"If you're in the right department, a great place to work."

Former Employee - Research Associate I in Mattawan, MI
    Former Employee - Research Associate I in Mattawan, MI

Pros

Training is available to those who seek it. While with MPI I expanded not only my skills in the lab, but attended courses on leadership, problem solving, Lean Six Sigma, etc. HR is amazing to deal with, the facility is enormous and mostly well maintained. Pay was good- but you do have to push for that raise.

Cons

Scheduling is an issue. Some weeks we worked from 5 am to midnight, 80 hours a week, and some weeks we were so slow we had to take on extra projects just to make 40.
    Layoffs are scary. In my time with MPI, there have been 4 series of layoffs.

Advice to Management

Work with the study directors on scheduling. I understand that sponsors push to have it done NOW, but the quality decreases when your in life staff are exhausted and burned out. Bring back the cookouts! Having recreational activities promoted a sense of community that's missing these days.

5. "People care about their work"

I have been working at MPI Research (More than 3 years)

Pros

Owner and senior leadership care about employees and give them the option to advance career

Cons

Were hurt by the economic downturn, just like everybody else

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, the tide will turn!