MPI Research Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert H. DeWit, PhD

Pros
  • The company has lots of room for advancement and is a great place to learn new skills, due to their exceptional training programs (in 10 reviews)

• Good Benefits, easily accessible upper management, nice facility, room to grow if you are motivated and work hard (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of interference from upper management which complicates the task at hand (in 21 reviews)

• Work life balance can get extremely skewed toward the work side (in 4 reviews)

"If you're in the right department, a great place to work."

Former Employee - Research Associate I in Mattawan, MI

Pros

Training is available to those who seek it. While with MPI I expanded not only my skills in the lab, but attended courses on leadership, problem solving, Lean Six Sigma, etc. HR is amazing to deal with, the facility is enormous and mostly well maintained. Pay was good- but you do have to push for that raise.

Cons

Scheduling is an issue. Some weeks we worked from 5 am to midnight, 80 hours a week, and some weeks we were so slow we had to take on extra projects just to make 40.
    Layoffs are scary. In my time with MPI, there have been 4 series of layoffs.

Advice to Management

Work with the study directors on scheduling. I understand that sponsors push to have it done NOW, but the quality decreases when your in life staff are exhausted and burned out. Bring back the cookouts! Having recreational activities promoted a sense of community that's missing these days.

2. "People care about their work"

I have been working at MPI Research (More than 3 years)

Pros

Owner and senior leadership care about employees and give them the option to advance career

Cons

Were hurt by the economic downturn, just like everybody else

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, the tide will turn!

3. "JOIN A WINNING TEAM!"

Current Employee - Project Leader in Mattawan, MI
    Current Employee - Project Leader in Mattawan, MI

I have been working at MPI Research full-time

Pros

MPI is one of the best companies to work for in Michigan if not THE best!

- Competitive pay 50-80% higher wages than other local employers
    - Affordable benefits, health, dental, life insurance, PTO, flex scheduling, work from home (scientific staff only)...
    - Flexible scheduling for your needs, @ MPI we value our ability to give employees time daily to spend with family, further their education, or, heck, to just plain have fun!
    - Unlimited opportunities for VOLUNTARY OVERTIME! Lots of available hours for employees to earn extra cash helping out other shifts!
    - Paid time off, well above average, but with such a relaxed family environment putting in for PTO is like taking a vacation from a vacation!!!
    - Progressive disciplinary ladder so you can learn from mistakes not get burned from mistakes!
    - Opportunities for advancement in pay and responsibilities have grown exponentially the last three years!
    - Commitment to open, and caring, communication with managers and Study Directors (I call them coaches)!
    - Commitment to WORLD CLASS training, equipment, and support. Ask, ask, ask, and it will be given!!!

Cons

Cons?
    - If you're reading this review you work somewhere else
    - You're not working at MPI Research
    - You're waiting to hear back after your interview
    - You're not part of the family yet

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! A few bad apples, that couldn't adhere to the disciplinary process, can't stop this train!!!!

5. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at MPI Research full-time

Pros

I have worked at MPI Research for 11 years. The main thing I like about this company is that if you have ambition and drive you will have opportunity to build and advance your career. Also, communication has dramatically improved throughout the company over the last year and the company is growing at a great rate. It is a pleasure to work here with all of the companies great employees.

Cons

Employees should take more advantage of the onsite classes that are offered.

Advice to Management

Continue to build upon the open communication throughout the company.

"MPI Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Mattawan, MI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Mattawan, MI

Pros

Give you a great deal of responsibility right from the start which allows you to earn a great deal of experience in your field very rapidly. Due to the rapid expansion that has been happening there you were kept very busy and you got to address many different types of challeges. It is a very friendly work environment with a very family oriented atmosphere. Great place for a first job.

Cons

Commincation from the top down is very poor and there was not a lot of opportunity for carreer advancement. Mediocre pay for the work that they were having me do. MPI has also been grow faster that could be sustained.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees.

"Company in Major transition constantly difficult place to be"

Former Employee - Senior Validation Associate in Mattawan, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Validation Associate in Mattawan, MI

I worked at MPI Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are great people working there. Often times opportunities to advance.

Cons

The recent economic problems have affected them also

Advice to Management

calm down the constant change

8. "Research Associate"

Former Employee - Research Associate I in Mattawan, MI

I worked at MPI Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, and wonderful environment for all employees. The surpervisors were very supportive and were very personable. They took the time to listen to you and treated you fairly.

Cons

The training process was slow and limited. This howver was probably due to keeping production schedule.

Advice to Management

Keep the QC of your people up to snuff so that you get a great product for your clients.

9. "I'm new but so far so good"

Pros

Lots of overtime if wanted, paid holidays, friendly staff.

Cons

Haven't discovered yet. Hoping I won't end up doing so.

Advice to Management

None so far.

"Excellent people but demanding work."

Former Employee - Research Associate II in Mattawan, MI
    Former Employee - Research Associate II in Mattawan, MI

I worked at MPI Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent people, social atmosphere, great learning opportunity. Great vacation and decent health benefits.

Cons

Work life balance can get extremely skewed toward the work side. The industry is difficult to predict and workload fluctuates wildly with hiring often lagging way behind. Can be blacklisted for other opportunities within the company if you are good at your job and your department wants to keep you. Pay is barely competetive and was the main reason for leaving. Often went several years without a raise, and shown "hypothetical raises" that we never even got. Intense allergen exposure, and job could be dangerous and extremely physical unless you work in the office setting.

"Good place to work, the hours were great and the pay was within industry standards. I would recommend them to others."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mattawan, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mattawan, MI

I worked at MPI Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really liked the job. The work was interesting and I learned a lot. The industry is important to healthcare research, and most employees are there trying to do a great job.

Cons

Upper management does not have any idea what they are asking employees to do. This is a high stress position and the rewards are limited. Direct management plays favorites which is very discouraging for the moral of the departments.

Advice to Management

Limited opportunities to advance, they have really good benefits and time off is adequate, in fact it is fairly generous compared to most places.