MRA - The Management Association Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Susan Fronk

"Great company to work for...."

I have been working at MRA - The Management Association full-time

Pros

I have enjoyed working with MRA for some time now. Everyone is very helpful and support each other as we strive to assist our member companies. The company encourage continuous education of staff and that is something I truly appreciate.

Cons

Not much wiggle room to negotiate vacation coming into the organization. Most of the incoming staff are seasoned professionals and are used to having more than two weeks vacation, so that was a step back.

Advice to Management

Think out of the box as much as possible. Continue to encourage community involvement with the staff, which in turn, promotes the organization and its worth to the community.

2. "I really like working at MRA"

Current Employee - Human Resource Professional in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Human Resource Professional in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at MRA - The Management Association part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really like the variety of work I have, the friendly, knowledgeable co-workers and the opportunity to continuously learn (working with MRA members - aka customers - drives me to stay on top of changes).

MRA has options for great work/life balance, you can be in a truly professional role and be less than full-time.

MRA is really focused on its members.

Cons

This isn't really a con but something candidates should be aware of, if you're an HR Partner (aka Consultant) you should be comfortable with change as you'll be moving to different assignments from time to time.

Advice to Management

Make sure MRA walks the talk. If you'd tell members to X, Y and Z because it is best practice, MRA should do it too.

"Great place, great people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at MRA - The Management Association full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MRA offers a great working environment with an even better set of co-workers and leaders within the Company. Customer Service is a passion of mine, and MRA places emphasis on working hard for and taking care of their members (customers), above all else. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and strongly recommend.

Cons

None - I'll list another pro instead - great benefits that kick in quickly.

Advice to Management

None.

5. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Non-management Employee in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Non-management Employee in Waukesha, WI

Pros

What I love about MRA is that I have the pleasure of working day to day with some of the brightest, intelligent, most curious, and driven professionals I have ever known. It’s a delight to work somewhere where each day I learn something new, either here at work or outside working with a member company.
    Having worked at MRA for seven years and I could not disagree more about the prior posts about management. The management team is at all levels approachable and straightforward. The organization’s mission is clearly known and carried out by not only management, but by everyone.
    If you are considering a career with MRA, I want to say that no organization is perfect – but MRA is as close as I have ever seen in my 20 years of work experience! Sometimes difficult management decisions need to be made, but when that happens it is done with grace and respect. There is a great deal of collaboration in projects, but I have not seen evidence of micromanaging in the ones that I have led.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. MRA is a great employer.

6. "Great place, Great people, Great Support"

Current Employee - WISCONSIN in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - WISCONSIN in Waukesha, WI

Pros

Great co-workers, everyone is helpful and willing to take an extra step and listen/support you in any way they can. MRA is very flexible. Having children and being able to take time off without a problem is a huge plus for me. Great benefits that kicks in pretty quick. Open door management, I feel i can go to CFO or CEO at any given time. They make you feel welcome. Work/ life balance is important to the company. MRA is just a great place to work at.

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

keep up great work and stay flexible :)

"HR Manager"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at MRA - The Management Association part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great members
    Interesting variety of assignments and different industries

Cons

No benefits offered for PT status

8. "Variety of Assignments - Top Notch Coworkers"

Pros

MRA has a wide variety of wonderful member companies. I love working with them and helping to solve their HR concerns. If I don't know the answer, I have knowledgeable coworkers who are quick to help. My manager is smart, approachable, and open to ideas. Training opportunities for employees are excellent.

Cons

My work is project based, which might not be right for everyone, but is perfect for me. There are other roles that are not project based.

9. "Great Employer"

I worked at MRA - The Management Association full-time

Pros

Small company with great ability to build relationships

Cons

As a non-profit, can be limiting for career growth and comp/benefits.

10. "Exciting challenge"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at MRA - The Management Association full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our members! We get the privilege to work with so many different companies. There is so much variety in what we get to do.

Cons

Nothing major. Your work environment is what you make it. If you don't like it do something about it. Everyone wears multiple hats at MRA so you must be a team player and be agile.

Advice to Management

Keep trying new things to be on the cutting edge of HR

11. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Flexible work, great people, fun work environment

Cons

We are really busy!