MRA - The Management Association Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Susan Fronk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Recruiting Business Partner"

Current Employee - Recruiting Business Partner in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at MRA - The Management Association full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, engaging work that is rewarding, wonderful team - overall a great place to work!

Cons

Outdated technology and office space - it is part of the strategic plan though according to what was presented in the all staff meeting.

2. "Recruiting Business Partner"

I have been working at MRA - The Management Association full-time

Pros

Wonderful organization! Company is always looking for the better way to do things, is working hard to be progressive and acknowledges top performance.

Cons

Health insurance has a high deductible but they are keeping the costs under control by doing this.

Advice to Management

Continue to move forward and continue to strive to be more progressive

3. "Exceptional HR Partner!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at MRA - The Management Association full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Culture, strong employee engagement, visionary leadership

Cons

No complaints but wish we had a "Dress for your Day" policy! We seem too stuffy - even our members comment on it!

Advice to Management

Be available to employees, listen to feedback, be transparent and be aggressive our our strategic plan! We want to see our organization grow and remain a relevant employers association for years to come!

4. "Great place to work"

Pros

Variety of work that uses experience well. Flexible work schedules

Cons

No significant negatives to report

5. "Delighted to be at MRA"

Current Employee - Recruiting Business Partner in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at MRA - The Management Association part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At MRA I work with the best HR professionals around--both at MRA and at our member companies. There is a wealth of knowledge and best practices I can draw upon, and great support.

Cons

I have no complaints--I am a boomerang. I worked from MRA from 1997-2007 and came back September 2016 after being retired 3 months and feeling I needed to make a contribution by returning to the labor market. I missed recruiting!

Advice to Management

To MRA's Management: keep up the great work!
    To our member companies' Management: MRA is here for you for HR, Recruiting
     and other related work!

"Compliance"

I have been working at MRA - The Management Association full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent knowledge and experience in all practices areas, challenging work, great coworkers and members.

Cons

Bloated management, reactive decision making, punitive tone/tone deaf executive management, exploitive of lower level employees, lack of diversity.

Advice to Management

Evolve.

7. "Good HR services organization."

I worked at MRA - The Management Association full-time

Pros

Great staff, professional and caring. Access to company training programs. A place to grow and contribute. Member organizations are across all industries. You feel good helping other companies meet their HR and Management challenges. Loved the people and the mission. Good place to gain initial experience or close out your career.

Cons

Micro management. Too many levels of management for the size of this company. Working and communicating with multiple locations can be challenging at times -- different markets and member needs.

Advice to Management

Trust your staff to make good decisions. Walk around and get to know people and the contributions they make at each location.

8. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at MRA - The Management Association part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work, great people, fun work environment

Cons

We are really busy!

9. "Exciting challenge"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Pros

Our members! We get the privilege to work with so many different companies. There is so much variety in what we get to do.

Cons

Nothing major. Your work environment is what you make it. If you don't like it do something about it. Everyone wears multiple hats at MRA so you must be a team player and be agile.

Advice to Management

Keep trying new things to be on the cutting edge of HR

"Really enjoy the work and culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Pros

It’s hard for me to believe I have been working for MRA for one year already. I feel like I’ve been with the organization much longer, mostly due to the fact that I was engaged in multiple projects right from the start, and the entire staff is very welcoming to new employees. They have one of the best onboarding programs I have ever seen. I enjoy this type of environment where you are embraced by the organization and working on new things every day.

Management is very supportive of staff and gives them the autonomy to use their knowledge and expertise to accomplish goals and objectives. Executive management is not afraid to take calculated risks, either. They are willing to try new things as long as there is a sound strategy for supporting a new initiative. This makes things exciting at MRA.

They also are investing in the organization and have recently brought on several new director-level personnel. You can see a good leadership team starting to gel and making an impact on helping the organization get to the next level using new technology and implementing new digital initiatives.

As a member-based organization, the focus is always on the member experience. Serving members is embedded in the culture of the organization and the entire staff seem to all work toward this goal. I enjoy knowing that the work I do is helping other businesses thrive. It’s rewarding to hear our members say that MRA is their lifeline and they rely on us because of our industry expertise, the breadth of services we provide and the support we give them so that they can succeed.

Cons

Many people believe working for a non-profit is easy and will be less demanding than working for a for-profit organization. This is not the case at MRA. The work is definitely fast paced. If you’re not up to the challenge, or you’re looking for a cushy job, you will be surprised and you will struggle.

Advice to Management

Keep relying on your people. They're all working toward a common goal of exceeding members' expectations.