MRC Smart Technology Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
MRC Smart Technology Solutions President Bob Leone
Bob Leone

Pros
  • Good outside sales experience right out of college (in 5 reviews)

• If you show passion and the desire to work hard upper management will take you under their wing and really help you (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The sales reps are the golden children (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management walk around with such lousy attitudes (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great People & Environment"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MRC Smart Technology Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and a great place to work for people who are looking to progress in their career.

Cons

Company is growing quickly so it can be difficult to establish relationships with the new hires.

Apr 25, 2017 – Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you feel the company offers plenty of growth opportunity and a great culture, we agree! It's true, we have been growing these last few years and ... More

2. "Good People, consistently growing"

Current Employee - Service in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Service in San Diego, CA

Pros

People work hard. Personal and Professional growth encouraged and backed. Be yourself and you will attract clients and coworkers alike.

Cons

Benefits have been made bare over the years, but that's the corporate world.

Advice to Management

More cross functional events outside the workplace.

Apr 21, 2017 – Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you feel the growth and development opportunities at MRC are available and supported, that is exactly what we've strived to create! We also appreciate ... More

3. "Feels like home."

Current Employee - In Administrative Side in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - In Administrative Side in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MRC Smart Technology Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management has changed right before I started working here. From what I heard it has been one of the best decisions this company has made. The current management on the admin side is very supportive, helpful, and encouraging.
    My co-workers are very helpful.
    The pay is great!
    The CEO/President tries very hard to make this company feel like a family.
    The opportunity with this company is very high.

Cons

The sales reps are the golden children. Which I get, but if it were not for the admin side of the company, the sales side would not be able to function. However I do believe that our CEO is working on that. There is pressure working here, but just as any job that is how it goes. There is a select few that gossip in the office. It is best to block that out.

Advice to Management

You are doing great! Keep doing what you are doing.

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback, we are so happy to hear your experience at MRC has been so positive. We are glad to hear you are happy with the management in Admin, we agree that these changes have ... More

5. "Enjoyed the company, management and work environment was good, pay was what caused me to look elsewhere"

Current Employee - Contract Biller in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Contract Biller in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MRC Smart Technology Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome coworkers, flexible with taking time off, benefits are satisfactory, contributes to HSA if you complete free analysis offered on site.

Cons

The work load can be demanding, the end of the month is very stressful. The pay is low compared to industry average with low pay increases

Advice to Management

Offer better pay to employees to attract and retain top performers

Mar 7, 2017 – Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your comments as a current employee, as it gives us the opportunity to make recommendations to see positive changes. If you feel as though your performance ... More

6. "Very Supportive Company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Irvine, CA

Pros

This is a hard job. Especially for those who don't have thick skin. Management will warn you about this as soon as you get your first interview. There are no secrets about it. You have to be a go-getter and not care what strangers think about you. Having said this; if you do have these qualities, this is a great place for you to work. You have countless resources to help support and guide you. My coworkers are very understanding and my management is always motivating me and giving me praise when I crush it. If you want a comfortable and easy job where you sit at a desk all day, this is not for you. If you like the rush of making sales and you have a competitive spirit, you should like it here.

Cons

It's cold calling. So it can be frustrating and emotionally draining sometimes. But sometimes you get to meet really cool people from cold calling too.

Feb 7, 2017 – Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear you feel like you are in the right position for your personality and skillset. We agree the sales roles are challenging positions, but with a high ... More

7. "A great experience working here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Working at MRC has been a great experience. The company works as a unified unit to grow and develop both in professional sense and a personal sense. I feel that I have a lot of learning and growth opportunity at MRC and appreciate how much management and HR are involved in making sure each employee is satisfied and happy here. It seems that many people have devoted large portions of their lives working and growing the company and that just goes to show that the company care and rewards its people.

Cons

None that I can think of.

8. "Everything Has Been Positive!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

The thing I've enjoyed the most has been the people I work with. I've enjoyed the team environment and the overall support. Before joining MRC I read the Glassdoor reviews and had a few concerns but I have found that this is an environment that rewards those that perform. If you are doing your job and what is assigned, there will be no issues. Also as a subsidiary of Xerox you can take advantage of corporate discounts for travel packages and major retailers.

Cons

There has been some disconnect between departments in the past but the company is really trying to address those issues

Advice to Management

Surround yourself with professionals that have a common goal for success

"Most amazing, challenging and awesome place! Great choice for people that want to win in their life."

Current Employee - DTA in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - DTA in San Diego, CA

Pros

The training you will get here is extraordinary! Derek Shebby and his team put a personal interest in your success not only as an employee but in every area of your life as well. You will grow leaps and bounds if you decide to have a good attitude, be coachable and come hungry to get better. It's very unique couture is a safe place to be creative and be yourself. Best decision I ever made was to earn a sales position with this great company.

Cons

You will have to work here to see the results you want. It's absolutely not something for nothing. It's hard work but it's lucrative and very rewarding for those that chose to grow and accept it. Reading through these comments it seems like most of the negative feedback seems to be from people who really didn't want to put any effort in in the first place. Have a good attitude and work and you are guaranteed to love it.

Advice to Management

The only advice I would give upper management is to focus less the little detail things and continue to sell the big picture and vision to inspire the sales force both new and old.

Oct 19, 2016 – Human Resources Coordinator

Hello and thank you for your positive feedback! Over the past few months, we have developed a new sales training with very positive results. We are so glad to hear you benefited from it. We pride ... More

10. "Technology Advisor"

Former Employee - Technology Advisor in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Technology Advisor in San Diego, CA

I worked at MRC Smart Technology Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an entry-level job. Having a home-name brand like Xerox on your resume will definitely help in landing a job after this one. The trainer and recruiter is a gem, and can become a great mentor.

Cons

There is absolutely NO work life balance. You will be a slave to the grind. You are literally walking door to door in high rise office buildings asking if companies would like to purchase a copier. It takes a certain type of person to excel in this career. And the gentleman's club management does no wonders for motivation or growth. Instead they beat you down and tell you how little you are trying. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this career to any sane individual.

Advice to Management

Treat your sales reps like humans, not robots. "You get what you put into it" is the slogan here, but 12 hour work days are not healthy for anyone.

Oct 24, 2016 – Human Resources Coordinator

Hello and thank you for your review. We agree that Technology Advisor can be a challenging role for some and may not be for everyone. This position is an outside sales role, which requires ... More

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MRC Smart Technology Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees are great. Helpful and real team players

Cons

MANAGEMENT....overloaded, micromanaging unbelievable! If they only realize how unhappy we are. Meetings at least three days per week. Upper management walk around with such lousy attitudes. They are, quite frankly, good for nothing!

Advice to Management

get out of this micro management mode and stop babysitting. There are a selected few sales people who have been there for awhile that are babied and excused from the HELL the rest of us have to deal with. Wake up...look at the turnover!!!

Oct 19, 2016 – Human Resources Coordinator

We appreciate your feedback. To address your management concerns, we aim to ensure the overall success of our sales representatives. The goal is to promote independence, where management is there ... More