MRI Software Reviews | Glassdoor

MRI Software Reviews

Updated May 10, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Low pay, no upward mobility Holding company does its best to keep costs down to try to maximize profit when it sells the company (in 8 reviews)

• Upper and Senior management were spoiled brats (they are gone now as I understand it) (in 5 reviews)

"New CEO - Same Ownership and Decision Makers - Ethics"

Former Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH

I worked at MRI Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job. You will get a paycheck.

Cons

Draconian non-compete, unethical, poor pay, must take a personality/intelligence exam that determines your future fate with company but the results are not revealed to you. Not pro growth, just pro EBITDA.

Advice to Management

Management won't listen. They are directed by Vista corporate who only answers to private investors.

2. "Career Excelerator"

Current Employee - Account Executive SMB in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Account Executive SMB in Solon, OH

I have been working at MRI Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

plenty of room for growth, great entry level job

Cons

Pay is below industry standard

Advice to Management

Pay top talent to keep them around long term. Company outlook is fantastic and there is the potential for a huge growth in market share

"Experienced newer employee"

Current Employee - Solution Consultant in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Solution Consultant in Solon, OH

I have been working at MRI Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent & extensive training period. Creative & relaxed environment. Benefits are comparable to the geographic area. Fringe benefits are excellent.

Cons

Turn over. The largest population of employees are very young & this is there 1st job, I don't think they realize how good it is here vs other companies in the area.

Some of the managers are very young & almost too relaxed. They don't always respond to emails or meeting requests promptly and don't always follow through on staff management issues.

Advice to Management

Formalized training for new/ lower level managers.

"Great Start for a Programmer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Solon, OH

I have been working at MRI Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Laid back environment
    - Great training program
    - Easy communication with anyone

Cons

- Low starting salary
    - Open floor can provide too much distraction

6. "Unorganized Internship"

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MRI Software (Less than a year)

Pros

There were a lot of friendly people there who always made the day interesting. There also were a lot of company sponsored events such as happy hours which were cool!

Cons

At my internship I ended up sitting around not doing anything. The manager did not have any tasks for me to work on, and I was just expected to step right in with the team and work on projects they were working on. This resulted in me slowing them down significantly, and me feeling unused. No training was given on using the languages that they used even though they knew that at the time I only had experience with Java (they used everything but). However, I was lucky enough to be forced to sit through a full week of "training" in which case I learned all about what the other parts of the company did.

Advice to Management

Create an actu

7. "Great entry level employer."

Current Employee - Software Support Analyst in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Software Support Analyst in Solon, OH

I have been working at MRI Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Puts a large focus on initial training. Attempts to provide a good work life balance through regular shift bidding . Provides decent benefits including double salary life insurance.

Cons

The micromanagement styles of lower to middle management stifles creativity and overall moral.

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I have been working at MRI Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MRI is a very good place to work. They take care of their employees with good benefits and a very relaxed work environment. The HQ is in a great area with access to some really good restaurants for lunch.

Cons

When things go wrong there is a very quick change in attitude. There could be a little more grace in dealing with some situations.

Advice to Management

Recent attempts to have information trickle down have been good, but I think that there is still room for improvement in getting employees up to speed with things going on.

"Good work environment, too much uncertainty in company direction"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I worked at MRI Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Any one I interacted with was always friendly and positive. MRI has a relaxed dress code which helped contribute to a comfortable environment. The benefits were average to below average, The office is an updated facility, product development is an open floor plan with a cafeteria style seating. If you work in IT, MRI is a good place to spend a couple of years and soak up the knowledge.

Cons

Company is owned by a venture capital group. That means there is no real interest in the people below C level. C level managers treat MRI as a springboard to a higher C level position at another Vista Equity Partners owned company, so they have no real investment in long term growth of the company or people. While I was happy in my position I left for another opportunity and one of the contributing factors to that decision was the uncertainty of MRI's direction.

Advice to Management

As long as the company is a line item in Vista's portfolio I don't expect much can be done other than not be so blatant about it.

10. "Great stepping stone"

Current Employee - Software Support Analyst I in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Software Support Analyst I in Solon, OH

I have been working at MRI Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

•Hiring based on merit/talent, not just necessarily experience.
    •Lots of in-house training.
    •Generally, any opportunities to move to other departments and build your own career.
    •Overall young, energetic employees.
    •Great benefits package.

Cons

•Miserable micro-management.
    •Managers tend not to see the big picture.
    •High turn-over due to underpaid, overworked, under-appreciated, oft-ignored, and ultimately frustrated, high potential younger employees.
    •Low morale and lots of frustration among support employees of all ages and departments.
    •The product itself is frustrating to understand and support for the first couple of years; everything seems broken and it's hard to have to tell the client that.

Advice to Management

If you really care about retention, listen to what your support staff needs to do their jobs better and to feel more fulfilled in their jobs; they are not afraid to leave.

11. "Great first job, great people, no appreciation."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I worked at MRI Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Willing to hire people with little or no experience as long as they pass the test. Challenging projects if you're a go-getter.

Cons

Difficult to move up. Under pay based on industry average. Low work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Show gratitude toward your employees who work hard to compensate for a sometimes lacking product.