MRINetwork Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

MRINetwork General Manager and Interim President Nancy Halverson
Nancy Halverson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Need to be able to take the ups and downs (in 3 reviews)

• Hard work but it is worth it in the end (in 4 reviews)

1. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at MRINetwork full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a limitless income potential, your working with a easy going team, everyone gets along, full training is provided, support is provided where needed, and you couldn't ask for better management. This is by far the best example of ownership I have had in my career.

Cons

I can't think of many cons. If your not motivated and aren't willing to listen or learn this is probably not the place for you. I wouldn't recommend this position to someone who can't work as a team player and actually listen to advice from others.

Advice to Management

Smile and Dial

2. "It is what you want it to be."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Post Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Post Falls, ID

I have been working at MRINetwork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential. Zero micromanagement and a laid back, family style environment. There are people you can learn from and unlike a lot of other sales positions out there, the success stories are still there doing it, just a few feet away.

Cons

The culture is not for everyone and honestly neither is the work. It's a blunt office with a lot of personality and the work can really kick you in the balls at times. You have no control and there are a million things that can and do go wrong. But it's more money than you can make anywhere else in the area and it's real. There are people in my office who are well into six figures and pretty much everyone is new or crushing it.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Spokane, WA

I have been working at MRINetwork full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have now worked for MR Spokane for a little over a year and I enjoy coming into work everyday. The atmosphere is fun and competitive amongst all the staff members. It is a sales position and it is not easy but the owners are always there to help you and they want you to succeed. Earning potential is very high and it is actually possible to make very good money here.

Cons

Honestly I can not think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing because it works.

4. "Perfect place to develop all professional skills"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at MRINetwork (More than a year)

Pros

-Compensation Structure highly rewards achievements
    -Great training programming for new hires
    -Out of Office bonding
    -Office culture is very lively
    -Ability to use all aspects of your personality in this role
    -Learning how to communicate efficiently, work as a team, work independently, hone existing skills or learn new professional skills
    -not being glued to an office chair while working for 9-10 hours straight.
    -Flexible Management who knows that there are lives outside of work

Cons

-Work can feel long on some days
    -the ramp up for new hires can feel long

Advice to Management

You're on a good trajectory right now for growth, keep it up. There are some instances where I feel more time can be devoted to new hires to help them develop their skills faster to make the ramp up period feel less stressful. But once you finally get going, it feels like you're always sprinting in a marathon race, very exhilarating.

5. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Livermore, CA

I have been working at MRINetwork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to make life changing compensation and the ability to help people who want and need your help. Also, the most comprehensive and valuable insight on your specific niche than any other profession/ career can offer and a very complex pipeline/contacts within that niche industry that you specialize in as an AE.

Cons

Can be very challenging when you are having problems getting Job Orders, which means you are not bringing in any compensation/ money to live.

Advice to Management

Offer some type of base salary or living expenses for AE's in their rookie year as long as they are meeting the effort/activity level that is expected with someone beginning.

"Beware!!! Only a few make more than $24K year draw."

I have been working at MRINetwork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, upbeat environment, easy jobs to get as long as you have (or can fake) enthusiasm and you have a pulse.

Cons

No where to go-zero upward mobilty-which would be just fine if the average Account Executive actually made more than $24K year (that's basic draw). It's very difficult to make more than that. Yes, a few AE's are making $75K+ but they are typically the ones that have been around a LONG time and have established relationships w/ Hiring Managers. Also, sales motivation techniques form the 1980's-really dated and a waste of time. I don't want to socialize or celebrate with my coworkers. Biggest con is that job consists of sitting at a desk all day long, cold calling. 8 hours a day of dialing-it's HELL!!! All calls are tracked and it's expected that you make 80-100 per day and that you don't stay on too long with anyone unless it's a money-making situation. So, even if you survive the horror of making 100 calls a day you may be asked to explain why you called so-&-so twice and why you spent 20 minutes on the phone with a candidate when he wasn't generating any $. Typical sales company-if possible they hire young, stupid and motivated and pay them crap plus the promise that if they just apply themselves they'll make tons of $. It's all BS. If a ne AE manages to make a placement, they only get 20-30% of commission. Owner of MRI franchise gets 70-80%. Just not worth it, iin my opinion.

Advice to Management

Enough with the 1980's "rah-rah", sales techniques. Seriously?? It's 2015-time to evolve.

"Work-Life Balance is Great"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Work/life balance is incredible. You have to make the best of your time though. Work hard, play hard.

Cons

It is a lot of autonomous work, which isn't bad, but it gets lonely sometimes working by yourself. Use the team to the best of your ability.

"Great Organization"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

Great training, good people, a solid company to grow with

Cons

Can't think of any as of yet....hard work and perseverance will get to your goals

Advice to Management

keep up the good work, you have built a nice company

"The worst job I have ever had."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Naperville, IL

I worked at MRINetwork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Terrible, boring meetings every single day, even though the Manager is in the same room and we talk through out the day.

Advice to Management

Let your AE and Recruiters work virtual.

"SHOCKINGLY bad business ethics, blatant lying celebrated by management"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at MRINetwork full-time

Pros

some employees made decent money. i think they must have just given up on their own dignity and self respect.
    good training

Cons

I worked in a NC location of Management Recruiters, also known as MRI. I was taught to lie to get past the people who answer the phone: this is what I was told to do: We called medical professionals and I was told to pretend my mom or Dad had been treated there and I needed the name of a certain specialist on a certain medical practice "because I wanted to write them a thank you note." What was previously a suspicious "who is this and why do you want to know" was suddenly a gushing helpful list of employees we'd then recruit every one of them. I felt physically ill after a period of doing this and quit, and lost all respect for management who celebrated this "clever ruse." On top of that, the family owners would travel extensively and show all the staff their home pictures as the focus of (just liek other reviewers said) these inane staff meetings that rehashed the same info Again and Again and AGAIN. It was the epitome of a dead end job, forget that a few people made a lot of money. How much is your dignity and professionalism worth, people?

We had contests that they awarded prizes that had been repackaged to appear new but in fact was used merchandise they must have had at home, trinkets and giveaways from trade shows we were supposed to be excited to "win" for our efforts on the phone. I will never forget one employee trying to outbid another employee to "win" a stress ball. At least that wasn't used previously.

Seriously, this place has ZERO upward mobility, even if some make ok money, and a select few make six figures. there were so many people in and out of there starting as new staff and then quitting. place was a revolving door they asked prospective employees "would you feel comfortable telling white lies for the greater good" and the "right" answer was YES. Enough said.

I also agree with other reviewers: no work life balance, and it was all about what have you done for me lately. I wouldn''t recommend this place to my worst enemy

Advice to Management

good training, but then it just never stops and they keep recycling old stuff as new and train train train. this is not rocket science, enough with the meetings.