MRL Consulting Group Recruitment Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

MRL Consulting Group Recruitment Consultant Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2019

Found 9 reviews

4.5
MRL Consulting Group CEO David Stone (no image)
David Stone

"Great environment to be in"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Hove, England

I have been working at MRL Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lovely people, good management; would be good for someone who has a bit of experience in recruitment.

Cons

The office is a bit far out of Brighton

MRL Consulting Group2019-07-02

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at MRL Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really mature environment, you are trusted and not micro managed at all Excellent company culture Great Training Beautiful offices

Cons

I genuinely couldn't give you any cons of working here, any issues I ever had were resolved as the management are so easy to talk to and are really understanding and flexible.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing and keep up the amazing company culture! the graduate training scheme really helped me in my career, so keep that up too!

MRL Consulting Group2016-06-27

"Fabulous Place To Work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Hove, England

I have been working at MRL Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am treated like a grown up - no strict KPI's/manager breathing down my neck every 10 mins! this really is a place where experienced recruiters like myself can work and thrive in a grown up and supportive environment. The people that work here are not the stereotypical cheesy/annoying recruiters. Great company to work for

Cons

nothing I can think of from the top of my head...

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing! - never change

MRL Consulting Group2016-05-31

"Highly recommend!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Hove, England

I have been working at MRL Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

MRL offers some excellent benefits from remuneration and commission to location and working environment, it has it all! This is not your standard recruitment firm, it's not heavy handed, overly high-pressured or sexist. My experience is that you can learn about real recruitment in a supportive and enjoyable environment. Occasionally things get pressured towards the end of a month/quarter but it's sales at the end... of the day! I've enjoyed working for MRL and have always been given support, encouragement and free reign to do new things.

Cons

Fairly long working hours, but you get out what you put in. One or two irritating characters in the office, but that's less of a business issue and also quite normal in sales!

Advice to Management

Business: Remove the account manager function, it doesn't work as it stands. Personal: Keep doing what you do, speak to people directly if you have any issues - the personal touch is what differentiates you.

MRL Consulting Group2016-06-22

"Clear progression and good working culture"

I worked at MRL Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Started in the Graduate Academy programme in 2011 with clear attainable progression into a team on the sales floor after an in depth and excellent training schedule teaching you all the basics needed to succeed as a recruiter. Constant assistance and help from senior management in the form of group or 1-1 training sessions which could be requested whenever by the consultant. Clear KPIs and understanding of what is... required to be promoted and move up within the company. If you work hard and act in the correct manner then the company will do whatever they can to keep you happy, performing and motivated. Convenient office location by the train station makes it easy to commute or travel for client meetings.

Cons

Something which has probably since been addressed that the graduate academy programme was probably too large which led to only half graduating to the sales floor but a few since have gone on to have successful careers in recruitment.

Advice to Management

Try and maintain the positive company working culture by employing and retaining like-minded employees. Appreciated the camaraderie between everyone on the sales floor where there was good support and lots of people with similar work and life values.

MRL Consulting Group2016-05-31

"The Apprentice"

Recruitment Consultant

I worked at MRL Consulting Group

Pros

Nice office Good perks (Friday evening drinks and occasional meals out etc) Ok starting salary and decent commission structure which meant good potential for bonus Experience taught me that recruiters tend to be an unscrupulous lot and thankfully made me realise recruitment is not what it's cracked up to be.

Cons

Poorly run graduate scheme and questionable treatment of hard-working and talented graduates. The whole experience could be likened to a poor-man's version of the TV series "The Apprentice". Each week or two someone was seemingly being forced to leave mostly because the business as a whole was not performing as expected. Misleading expectations - total disparity between what was sold to us at interview and the... eventual reality. Spent 10 months working toward a position which never materialised ( On joining the company they promised opportunities in the following sectors: Finance Insurance Risk Commodities trading Technology (Semi-Conductors) IT Contract At the time I'd left ~20 staff had been forced to leave and half the recruitment sectors it had at the time of joining the company had been closed (leaving only IT and Technology and a small commodities trading team). Perhaps caused by a decision to grow too quickly as a business and not focus on its core business i.e Semi-conductors.

Advice to Management

Recruitment has a reputation for over promising and under-delivering but this is usually from a client/candidate perspective and not related to the treatment of internal employees. In my case I felt let-down by the experience. I understand you never repeated the grad-scheme after the year I enrolled. You should have been more honest that this was a failure from a business sense and not a reflection on the... graduates you employed. I know the company had a tough year financially but you should still have the decency to be honest with staff and own up to this rather than unceremoniously firing people in the way you did.

MRL Consulting Group2016-05-27

"Great Company Great office location and environment, management team is very hands off and let you develop your business"

I worked at MRL Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Free autonomous working environment - Superb company culture

Cons

Non in particular. Great office location and environment, management team is very hands off and let you develop your business as you want and are there to offer a guiding hand if you need it.

Advice to Management

Stop smoking ;)

MRL Consulting Group2014-02-20

"Exciting, fast paced, lots of training and support"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Hove, England

I worked at MRL Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Motivating managers Great work environment Brilliant work life balance Training and support to learn and grow Experienced consultants to advise and support you on desk Great rewards for success

Cons

High pressure business, as you'd expect with a sales/recruitment business. So the support and on the job training adds great value.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing...you hire and train great staff.

MRL Consulting Group2013-05-31

"Forward thinking company who reward hardworking employees"

I worked at MRL Consulting Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Industry Leaders Reputable Company Approachable Management Good Commission Structure

Cons

High Pressure Environment - but as you would expect in a sales environment

MRL Consulting Group2013-02-26