MRP "campaign" Reviews | Glassdoor

MRP Employee Reviews about "campaign"

Updated Aug 29, 2018

3.2
MRP CEO & Managing Partner   Kevin Cunningham (no image)
Kevin Cunningham
Pros
  • "The new Belfast offices are very nicely finished, comfortable and in a good location(in 18 reviews)

• "As an AE, the bonus structure allows for a lucrative salary on a per monthly basis(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "As an example when the campaign had a minimum purchase of 20 desktop computers the leads I was issued were mostly tiny primary schools(in 15 reviews)

• "Bullies are placed on purpose all over and they literally play cards all day meanwhile the others are dialling 150 calls /day with a miserable database(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "campaign"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "MRP has a employee friendly environment that promotes growth and opportunity."

Current Employee - Account Executive I in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at MRP full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company has a positive and diverse work environment that promotes from within.

Cons

Disbursement of campaign lead lists to AE's should be scrubbed better for better results.

MRP2017-11-02

"Decent Entry-Level job, do not expect to stay long (you probably won't anyway)"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at MRP full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Potential to make solid money. There were 10-15 people who were making $70k+ (out of about 170 people), some were doing it in their first year. Most people will earn between $40k-$50k while they are there. 2. Learn some valuable sales skills- if you have no exposure to sales, this is a safe way to start- you will be cold-calling various companies to book leads for your client tech company (Cisco, Dell, Thomson Reuters, etc) and while you will receive many, many rejections, every now and then someone will say yes and you will feel good about yourself. You will learn to make your points quickly and persuade people to move forward with the sales process. 3. MRP has been making modest efforts to invest more in employees' well-being. Some training programs and job opportunities in other department are available for those looking for career advancement. 4. Depending on who your brand manager is, you might find you like them and feel part of a team trying to achieve a goal. Coworkers are usually nice people you may get along with. 5. IF you last, they do offer decent benefits- medical, life insurance, SEPTA discounts, etc. MRP is a legitimate company, despite what some people have written on Glassdoor, they do follow laws and do offer benefits to employees. 6. Final thing- they offer overtime shifts, and they bring in good food- pizza, wings, cheesesteaks, etc so you can eat while you work the late shift.

Cons

Pretty much everythng else. Let's go: 1. Their business model is becoming outdated- it's harder than ever to cold-call and set appointments. And because they have high turnover, they are always hiring, which means diluting the amount of leads you can book because you have to share with other people. This makes your bonus checks smaller. Also, every 3-6 weeks you are forced to move your spot to another floor or building because they hire faster than they have room for. 2. Speaking of pay, it isn't that good for most people- MRP routinely finds ways to not pay you fairly with bonuses, whether it's discounting leads or scoring them differently so you don't hit extra bonuses as often. I know people there who actually got punished for making TOO MUCH money for the company this way. 3. MRP is not for those who want a mostly autonomous work environment. It's kind of like school; You will be told when to come in and leave, when you can go on break, when you can eat lunch, what you can say on the phones (with modest leeway) what your pay will be like (everyone's pay is the same, except for bonus checks), no negotiating salary or benefits and don't get caught texting! The average employee is 24 or 25, so it's basically like being back in college with people who just graduated. The atmosphere is very high-school/college, not super professional. 4. They care about 2 things: How many calls you make and how many leads you book. That's it. They do not care about efficiency, they are not interested in your suggestions on how to improve things, they don't even care if you know what you're talking about. One example: One guy got moved to my campaign and the brand manager did not want me training him because it meant 15 minutes of not cold-calling for both of us. So this kid failed because they chose dialing to actually knowing what you're talking about. 4. Promotion opportunities are not really there- a few people earn promotions to better positions, but most people will be fired or quit before you have the chance to do so. I don't even know how they decide who gets what job since merit is not the main factor they use (I don't even think favoritism is either, I just don't know). Overall, this is a good place to start your career or to learn good sales skills, but unless they REALLY like you or you love cold-calling, you probably won't be there long-term.

MRP2018-05-19
  3. "Account Executive at MRP"

Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at MRP

Pros

This company has a young environment and most everyone is super nice in the office. They are located on the 19th and 22nd floor so they have a nice view to look out the window. You have two 15 minute breaks and a 1 hour lunch break. They hired a new VP and he is an excellent gentleman. He seems to have a great vision for the company built from years of experience working for many large corporations in multiple cities. You can make good money here if you are efficient with their CRM, organized, and comfortable speaking with executive level people on the phone. You need to be a people person to be successful here.

Cons

They no longer allow working from home now that they purchased the 19th floor. It can be a bit noisy in the office from time to time because of the open floor plan. Some of the employees can act immature as most of the are recent college graduates. The base salary for an AE is low and the bonus structure is a little difficult to reach depending on the campaign you are staffed on.

MRP2017-01-05

"Cheap and shady"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at MRP full-time

Pros

Location. Some people are nice. Casual dress code.

Cons

Where do I begin? You will be overworked and underpaid. Upper management only cares about money, could care less about you as a person. People get fired without warning. AEs and client services get team building incentives, which is a plus, but the rest of the company is treated like garbage. Company culture sucks. AEs are the only people rewarded for their work, via incentives, and that's if you're lucky to get on a good campaign.

MRP2016-11-20

"Be wary"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at MRP full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a paycheck that gets deposited on-time. Fellow reps, the outbound sales callers you spend all day sitting next to, are a really good group of people. Lower and middle management are mostly nice, well-intentioned people.

Cons

Think I was about a year or two late to the party. Most of the reps who have been here for a while say that it used to be much easier to hit bonuses that made them paid fairly handsomely, especially factoring in the hours and overall responsibility. Now, reps have been given more tasks (f/up calls to confirm appts) while also raising the threshold such that a set appointment may not count toward your number of clos. Most importantly, they've raised performance expectations on hitting the best bonuses. Seems like the older reps I talk with say the company wanted you to hit bonuses and would do what they could to support you (in the past). Now, if you are doing well with a great campaign, they'll pull it from you and leave you to stress over a bad campaign that may keep you just short of hitting a bonus. During the interview and training, they contend that top reps will earn 70 to 100K. Now, even the very top reps, out of +100, have a hard time hitting that lower end number ($70K)...leaving the bulk of reps pounding the phones for $30-40K. But good place to be if you really enjoy the aggressive over-the-phone sales hunting, want zero responsibility/stress when you leave work for the day, or are currently walking door-to-door selling knives and/or home repair . 90% of the people are absolutely fantastic.

MRP2014-05-21

"Getting Worse"

Current Employee - Account Executive II in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at MRP full-time for more than a year

Pros

A decent place to learn about IT. Flexible with schedule, taking time off etc. Good work life balance, you aren't working while not at work. Wages are above average if you perform.

Cons

Top down management. Extremely micromanaged at every level. Poor campaign and list management for the most part. Boiler room type atmosphere. Not overly extreme, but performance is measure in dials not terms of revenue generated. Bonuses and incentives are continuing to fall, while workload is increasing. Very little investment in the company's IT infrastructure or in employee development.

MRP2012-07-29
  7. "Great experience builder for intelligent and driven people interested in sales and marketing careers"

in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at MRP

Pros

-Chance to work with several Fortune 500 technology clients on new and interesting products -Small business culture and good location in Center City -Recognition and advancement opportunities for those that produce -Strong resume builder and experience builder to propel futher career growth

Cons

-Entry level position can be monotomous and frustrating at times -Goals can be difficult to reach if you are put on a campaign with low customer interest (but the opposite is true also)

MRP2011-05-16

"Don’t do it to yourself!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I worked at MRP full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office is handy to get to and the coffee shop (not affiliated to mrp) is good.

Cons

Favouritism. Ever moving goal posts. If you leave or are fired within three months you are charged for the initial training, which is absolutely not transferable. The leads that are handed out were shocking. As an example when the campaign had a minimum purchase of 20 desktop computers the leads I was issued were mostly tiny primary schools. Some of them didn’t have 20 pupils. Some were already closed for the summer..

MRP2018-08-29

MRP Response

September 7, 2018

I am sorry to learn that your experience was unfavourable with mrp. It seems that you may have been employed some time ago as the reference to a deduction for training costs was removed years ago and is not enforced for tenured employees with the older version. It is true, we are sometimes faced with challenging work to meet the commitments to our clients but we do our best to ensure that all employees have the best chance to earn a considerable bonus every month. and most do. Part of the role is the identification of applicable accounts for the offerings of our clients. Like any sales role, you have to work for the sales and that includes sorting out suitable prospects to target. If you are interested in sharing more about your experience, we would welcome the opportunity to speak to you further.

Continue reading

"Exhausting - constantly shifting goalposts"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I worked at MRP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management opportunities for chosen few. Paid uncapped bonuses if you and your team can meet ever-shifting targets. If you love telemarketing, cold calling businesses and misselling yourself as a client, this is the job for you.

Cons

The company does not provide sick pay or extra holidays, so there is a high rate of 'sickies' adding extra stress to meeting targets. Was given 1 week's training for the role which was insufficient. This training is also given by inexperienced management and senior staff which somehow, is valued by the company at £750 should you leave or get fired within the first 3 months. Was constantly hounded about meeting targets and generating leads, and when I asked for more help I was given vague criticism such as 'you talk too quickly' or 'you [need to directly lie to business contacts about having previous appointments in order to reach a decision maker]'. The call lists are disorganised and often contain duplicates or very little information. You are expected to manage your list effectively, but also make 100+ meaningful calls a day of which 1+ should be leads. These Leads are very narrowly defined and change from campaign to campaign. If you manage to meet your targets, they are increased. While not impossible, the company are not looking for many skills for this role beyond 'persuasion'. Encouragement was only given via email in an effort to show others up. I received very little encouragement or constructive criticism during my time with the company.

MRP2017-03-15

"Honesty is the best policy."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at MRP full-time for more than a year

Pros

The starting wage is great and the bonus structure is also great when it is achievable. The staff are the best thing about the job and the laugh in the office is great.

Cons

The company hires on the premise that it is a "Graduate marketing" job; However the role is telemarketing and is essentially cold-calling. I have no problem cold-calling however I feel that the job description online is misleading. Additionally the support offered to new starts is basically non-existent once you leave the Academy team and the American market. The company is Clique-run; Specific teams and personnel receive preferential treatment when allocating campaign and lists. This ultimately leads to the same AE's hitting huge bonus whilst other people are rinsing lists that are awful and are lucky to book. I do not hold any blame on the management as they are only passing orders down from V.P's and C-Level. This pressure has led to senior staff feeling forced to leave the company as they refuse to provide them with the necessary support; For example they have not filled a senior position in the American market for the past 3-4 months and this is forcing all the staff across the company to help out and put strain on their own individual teams. Also the disregard for staff health and safety is blase; I have heard of a toilet on another floor which was blocked for almost 2 weeks even though the senior members of staff were made aware of the problem. Also there was a verified gas leak and the staff were advised to open windows and to avoid switching any electrical equipment off or on. I believe the company put there own financial targets above the safety of their staff. Some members of staff that are apart of the Clique almost daily take extra breaks and have even came to work late as they were, "shopping". This behavior makes me and my colleagues feel under-appreciated and confirms the sense of double standards. This review is based solely on my experience working in the Belfast office on the American and now the EEMEA market. I have not had very much interaction with other offices and feel I can not comment.

MRP2017-02-02

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 15 reviews