MRS Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Saul Freedman

1. "Collections"

Former Employee - Collector in Blacklick, OH
    Former Employee - Collector in Blacklick, OH

I worked at MRS Associates (More than a year)

Pros

Great Atmosphere, not hard coming to work

Cons

low bonus opportunity, bonus structure changed

2. "Easy Job"

Former Employee - Collections in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Collections in Columbus, OH

I worked at MRS Associates full-time

Pros

Easy position to get. The environment is very fun and easy going.

Cons

They will not hesitate to let you go.

"Collector"

Former Employee - Account Receivables Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Account Receivables Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at MRS Associates (More than 3 years)

Pros

They were not complete and total jerks, mostly.

Cons

Absolutely no hope for advancement.

Advice to Management

Education can count for something. Maybe give someone a shot at a management role that has had a decent secondary education.

5. "Customer Identification Agent"

Former Employee - Customer Identification Agent in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Identification Agent in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at MRS Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

Its an easy job to have, all you do is transfer calls. Get paid good money to do nothing

Cons

Worst place I've ever worked for. Very unprofessional. They preach this big family atmosphere but If you make a mistake, they will write you up and dock you 4 PTO (Paid Time Off) hours that you don't even get until you have worked there for 6 months! If management doesn't like you, they will nit pick every little thing you do. They will isolate you from your coworkers and sit you all by yourself. If you go over your 20 minute scheduled break they will dock you the 20 minutes and have you make up your time. They once tried sending me home 17 minutes early for faulty equipment, my headset stopped working, and wanted me to come back the next day to make up the 17 minutes for something they couldnt fix! They also tried to make a rule where if you had to go to the bathroom, it would come out of your 20 minute break, but they changed it as soon as they found out it was illegal. They run contests that have unrealistic goals, but if you call out the month of the contest OR come into work late OR leave early, then you are DISQUALIFIED from the contest! I had an issue with a supervisor where he threatened to write me up, send me home, and take away my badge and he did this in front of my co workers instead of taking me into another room. When I went to Human Resources over it, I had to "Make an appointment" with them, which I always thought HR was an open door policy? 3 weeks went by and I did not hear a thing! As far as the break room, there is no pool table there, you cant even have your cell phone out. I'm glad to have met the people I worked there, but I wouldnt recommend this place to anyone! The pay isnt worth the politics you go through here. Its also a revolving door. Employees get tired of the stuff they put them through and just never come back

Advice to Management

Be more of a leader and not a boss. Stop trying to be feared. Show some personality, have fun with the employees.. Make realistic contests where people would want to even try and not roll their eyes when they hear about it.

6. "Agent"

Former Employee - Agent in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Agent in Columbus, OH

Pros

Co-worker are friendly. Able to smoke on campus (Trust me you will start smoking if you don't already)

Cons

They will take your PTO, bonus, and even salary. Management is a joke, and rules only apply to certain people. They invest only in the upper management and treat everyone else like complete crap. They allow people to steal, as long as they bring in money. You can never take a vacation, or god forbids someone passes away. The insurance coverage is a joke and is completely unreasonable. They lose clients all the time, and at one point was told that the only reason they haven't shut down the Ohio office was because a client required them to have two offices. I would sooner live in the streets than go back to this company!

Advice to Management

Pull your inflated head out of your rears and give a crap about your employees. They happier the employee, the more productive morons.

7. "Don't go there!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at MRS Associates (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was a job. There are a lot of friendly people. You can make commission. Also provide benefits

Cons

Too many to name. They always find a reason to take your bonus, take your personal time, all about the executives never the ones who actually bring in the money.

Advice to Management

Find a way to make your employees feel they are appreciated. Don't make them feel they can't get on the phone without screwing up.

8. "I HV learn a lot abt the collection business and being a able to work consumer to resolve their bad debt"

Current Employee - Recovery Specialist in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Recovery Specialist in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at MRS Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The atmosphere my coworkers are great we are like a big extended family

Cons

Theres always change having to adapt to being a better collector

Advice to Management

Take some advice from the employees that may be beneficial to the company

9. "Wouldnt go bacj thereen"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at MRS Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bonus checks. The hourly Pay. Some of the employees were very nice.

Cons

You're only as good as your last month.
    Not knowing if you were going to be unemployed or not for the next coming month.

Advice to Management

You should stop getting rid of good employees who made you lots of money and appreciate the good ones that you still have. At least pretend like you care! Appreciate your employees

"very restricted in career growth,stagnant environment and incredulous senior management"

Current Employee - Worker in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Worker in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at MRS Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I really cant think of anything. pretzel day. The atmosphere promotes a feeling of going to prison every day and what it may feel like. Just deflating.

Cons

Incredulous senior management, very shady characters in the upper management "click". Very threatening environment. extreme favoritism.

Advice to Management

change all management, especially your "upper" executive management level. very poor! Lacks understanding of Operations in the industry and human understanding. inferiority complexes.

"High Turnover Rate"

Former Employee - Recovery Specialist in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Recovery Specialist in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at MRS Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Experience in Collections if that's what you're looking for.

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate. High stress level job. Unpredictable schedules. Managers can be a major stressor. Backstabbing and conniving co-workers who will take your account right under your your nose. Don't be surprised if the percentage of your commission gets cut in the middle of the month, and you cant make your budget.

Advice to Management

Think about the employees and not just yourselves.