MSCI Reviews in Manila, Manila | Glassdoor

1.4
MSCI President, CEO, and Director Henry A. Fernandez
Henry A. Fernandez

Pros
Cons
  • Senior management is not really up to the job (in 32 reviews)

• work life balance can be challenging if you need US overlap (in 15 reviews)

"Share price going up, but positions/people are being let go?!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at MSCI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative, flexible working hours, good package, intelligent people, nice offices, global. When I joined, my mindset was to retire at MSCI. That's how good I perceived the Firm to be. For majority of my stay, I was happy and contented. With all the changes and what's happening currently, my opinion of the Firm has dramatically changed.

Cons

Change and re-organization has not been good for MSCI. A lot of top management new hires in the past year. Some people who everybody thought should be promoted, did not get promoted for various reasons -- politics, budget, opinions of a few influential people over-rode what the majority supported. I have also been hearing great people being let go due to redundancy. Not good. Says a lot about how MSCI is discrediting these people's past contributions to the Firm and only thinks about saving money.

Advice to Management

Take care of people who are competent and great in what they do. Don't put more importance to people who are obviously just doing things to please the OCs and ECs. Letting go of people who majority of the employees like and have high regard for will result to them being demotivated.

"Not a good company to work for"

Former Employee - Associate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Associate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at MSCI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Nice Manila Building. In general, nice people in Manila

Cons

* Aggressive Cost-cutting. Many Manila Employees were let go because of the cost-cutting measures. Many have also left because of the fear of job security.
    * No good technical training and development program
    * Promotion isn't transparent. Some due to budget constrain or political circumstances, thus, there is no promotion within a team.

Advice to Management

No need as many Managers are bad leaders

3. "Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at MSCI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training was a priority by management

Cons

Upward mobility has been a challenge. Job was mechanical in the end.

5. "Learning experience"

Former Employee - Analyst in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at MSCI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My four year stint with the company provided me a training ground for further jobs in the field of financial research. I enjoyed the training they provided including the trip to the headquarters. Almost all employees are like-minded and enjoyed each others company even outside the workplace. Furthermore, there were bonuses commensurate to performance so everyone is motivated to do their best.

Cons

The disadvantage of working for the company is the changing of management including the mergers they had with other companies. This provided some instability within the organization. In addition, the work is becoming a routine and not challenging when data was automatized.. For a fresh graduate out of college, this job is excellent but for a matured individual, there maybe less areas for career growth.