MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Richard Munson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work, But..."

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family atmosphere, Visible CEO presence, great compensation, and benefits package

Cons

way too much micro-managing. can get cliquey at times.

Advice to Management

Floor managers and mid-level management need to communicate with each other better.

"Management had not idea in what direction to move the company"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

there was a lot of bad management

Advice to Management

listen to your work force

3. "Not sure if we can make it."

Current Employee - CSC Tech Tier I in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - CSC Tech Tier I in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will not fire you.

Cons

1) I get 3 different answers from 3 different Higher technicians.
    a. I had a property check in a group. On room that was labeled as Occupied and Inspect was checked into. Two Higher tiers advise the system is working as designed. Quote, “I see no issue here with checking in a guest into an occupied room. If you can find an occupied room and check a 2nd guest into it either through normal check in or group check in then please re-escalate.” How can I check a guest into an occupied room? Why should I be able to do that with Property management system?
    2) The SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) are 10 years outdated. They include steps that have been eliminated entirely. I’m expected by the immediate supervisor, whom has been a technician to follow them precisely, yet not copy and paste to the ticket.
    a. The SOP was Revised: 07/01/2017on You can see the product is windows. Something we no longer use.

b. Another set is to open enterprise manger something else we do not use.
    3) There is not punishment for Policies said to be implemented that are not adhered to.
    a. The all but told us they could not fire people for being late. They needed warm bodies to answer the phone.
    4) Most policies are not documented.
    a. How to request days.
    b. How to get a ticket to sales or accounting for payment issues and new product sales.
    5) I have to learn about my product on the phone with my client.
    a. I did not learn how to do rates until a customer asked, so I learned by trial and error.
    b. You think you could click a button by its name to do what it is named. This is not the case with my product.
    6) All the knowledge has left or is being kept with the tier 2 or 3’s.
    a. They get paid by what they know and if they share it with a tier 1 They can easily lose their position , this is not the case as I would make their job easier If I knew what they know.
    7) There is a different set of rules depending on your supervisor. The points system for tardiness is as follows: 5pts – Early out
    a. 4 pts – over 2 hours late
    b. 3 pts – 16 minutes late
    c. 2 pts – 6-15 minutes late
    d. 1 pts – 1-5 minutes late
    e. 0 pts – Leaving early
    My friend Left home early and he got
    8) The knowledge base is part sharepoint, part ticketing system and Shared drive.
    a. The share drive this is organized by employee name, making it very difficult to search.

Advice to Management

It does not matter. They make you the rules as they go along.

4. "What a joke"

I have been working at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time

Pros

Meeting new friends/coworkers, Developing meaningful friendships woth other coworks.

Cons

Everything. They are a joke to their employees. Complete bullies. We are slave workers for hardly any pay.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like actual human beings!

5. "Worst job ever!"

I worked at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The coworkers are pretty amazing and some of the supervisors are great! That's about it

Cons

I have never worked with such unprofessional management. Getting sexually harassed along with my female co workers on a daily basis all while being bullied if you don't "play along" was unbearable. And upper management didn't care. And God forbid if you get injured on the job, you'll get stuck with the hospital bill since hr had no clue what she was doing. They over work their techs and go back on promises and raises. Absolutely the worst! Stay away at all costs! So glad i left there!

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter, they will ignore you and probably fire you for having any issues

"Don't bother"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers helped each other get the work done. It smells. There really isn't any pros to this job at all

Cons

If the floor mangers managed instead of sleeping with the supervisors maybe we could get the support needed. Way too much sexual harassment going on. Bully mentality. Don't bother because upper management doesn't care. Just a paycheck kind of place. Takes way too long to get hired on permanently.

Advice to Management

If I thought they cared I would give some

"CSC Tech 1"

I worked at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time

Pros

Fast paced, day never really went by slow, ok pay to help brain dead people do simple math

Cons

no growth, nothing to help, they pay and treat temps better than veteran employees, if you're on the tech floor then you're just a monkey slave.

Advice to Management

High turn over rate on the CSC floor for a reason, management will never fix it because they can still make a profit and not care about the small man

"MSI is being strip mined! Run! Run for your lives!"

Current Employee - Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is no good reason left to work here. The only possible reason would be if it was a choice between working here or being on the street.

Cons

The previous owner sold MSI to a company that is now in the process of strip mining it. They are systematically getting rid of every knowledgeable veteran employee, really anyone who was loyal to the old owner is either gone or a target. Then they try to reassure the rest of us that 'it's a good thing' and we all know they are lying to all of us. Everyone is terrified, we are all looking for other jobs! I'm a relatively newer employee, but I did get to see what the place was like before. It was like a family, with all the veterans helping all of us new people. It was really a friendly place to work. But now, with this new company, everyone is just scared and there isn't any more veterans to help us now. It's like the head of MSI was chopped off. If you are thinking of working here, don't! It has become a toxic environment and the people running it don't care about any of us. I don't see MSI being around much longer, this new company is going to mine it down to nothing and move its software products back east to one of their other companies.

Advice to Management

To the new owners, just stop lying to all of us. We all know why you are here. Every time you lie to us it just feels like an insult, like we are too stupid to figure it out.

To the previous owner, Rick. We understand that you wanted to retire and it is well deserved. But the people you sold to are destroying everything you worked hard for years to build. There is no way you didn't have foreknowledge of what they were going to do. So that only leaves one conclusion, you have your money and just don't care. Life is full of turning points and defining decisions. This decision to sell your company to these dishonest people, it defines what kind of person YOU are. When I started at MSI, I admired you and the kind of loyalty all the veterans had for you, but now I am just disappointed. You have turned out not to be the type of person you portray. You got your pay out, but at what human cost? I am finding another job because it just disgusts me to work in this now very toxic environment.

"Will probably not work there again"

I worked at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time

Pros

There is a very few, very few employees who are really good at what they do, they care for their directs and manage them well. But, since the merger with another company the whole management sank down the ocean and it just became a nightmare. It is a good place for people who either completed high school or haven't because pretty much anyone could do a tech support job and that is why they pay either same or less than people working at Walmart.

Cons

Not very good management. They care less about their employees and only look at making more money. Support people are treat poorly.

"Sinking Ship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Umm.....it's a paycheck. I don't have many Pro's so have to fill this with 20 words! yada yada yada!

Cons

Management has unrealistic expectations of how many support people they need. We are short staffed, over worked, under trained and underpaid to do this job.

Advice to Management

Hire more people, train more ongoing, pay people market worth, you are $3-5 dollars behind all our competitors!