MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) Reviews | Glassdoor

"Neutral"

Former Employee - Tier I Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Tier I Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good colleagues who go above and beyond to help each other
    Profit sharing
    Good benefits (health and fitness too)
    Latest cloud product seems very promising
    Management notices hard-workers and give them a chance to grow their career
    Good company activities (BBQ, potluck)

Cons

Wage is low
    Other than that neutral

Advice to Management

Think it would be better to have some on-going training on team building, customer relations management.
    Lost many good employees due to HR issues

"There are better jobs, Avoid if possible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The coworkers! It's a great group that are usually willing to help out. Some of the Supervisors are amazing as well

Cons

Management gives the Techs the work of 2 and reprimands them when they cannot finish the tasks. They don't really listen to what the techs on the floor say to make it a better work environment. Poor communication . And an inappropriate Manager

Advice to Management

Pay better attention to the staff and their needs. And hire better managers who wont sexually harass the females and bully them

"MSI is being strip mined! Run! Run for your lives!"

Current Employee - Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is no good reason left to work here. The only possible reason would be if it was a choice between working here or being on the street.

Cons

The previous owner sold MSI to a company that is now in the process of strip mining it. They are systematically getting rid of every knowledgeable veteran employee, really anyone who was loyal to the old owner is either gone or a target. Then they try to reassure the rest of us that 'it's a good thing' and we all know they are lying to all of us. Everyone is terrified, we are all looking for other jobs! I'm a relatively newer employee, but I did get to see what the place was like before. It was like a family, with all the veterans helping all of us new people. It was really a friendly place to work. But now, with this new company, everyone is just scared and there isn't any more veterans to help us now. It's like the head of MSI was chopped off. If you are thinking of working here, don't! It has become a toxic environment and the people running it don't care about any of us. I don't see MSI being around much longer, this new company is going to mine it down to nothing and move its software products back east to one of their other companies.

Advice to Management

To the new owners, just stop lying to all of us. We all know why you are here. Every time you lie to us it just feels like an insult, like we are too stupid to figure it out.

To the previous owner, Rick. We understand that you wanted to retire and it is well deserved. But the people you sold to are destroying everything you worked hard for years to build. There is no way you didn't have foreknowledge of what they were going to do. So that only leaves one conclusion, you have your money and just don't care. Life is full of turning points and defining decisions. This decision to sell your company to these dishonest people, it defines what kind of person YOU are. When I started at MSI, I admired you and the kind of loyalty all the veterans had for you, but now I am just disappointed. You have turned out not to be the type of person you portray. You got your pay out, but at what human cost? I am finding another job because it just disgusts me to work in this now very toxic environment.

"Sinking Ship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Umm.....it's a paycheck. I don't have many Pro's so have to fill this with 20 words! yada yada yada!

Cons

Management has unrealistic expectations of how many support people they need. We are short staffed, over worked, under trained and underpaid to do this job.

Advice to Management

Hire more people, train more ongoing, pay people market worth, you are $3-5 dollars behind all our competitors!

"Poor work atmosphere"

Former Employee - Auschwitz Beta Tester in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Auschwitz Beta Tester in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time

Pros

Its a job with decent pay for the type of work being accomplished. There is not much else to say about working there. Good luck, hope you have thick skin.

Cons

Highly unstructured, they will even admit it to you. Training consists of sitting in a room and watching the obnoxious trainer go through screens and explanations as if you are suppose to catch on the first time seeing it. Severely understaffed so the tension is incredibly high. If you are hired on as a contractor prepare to be treated as such. They refuse to follow through with anything and expect you to figure it out.

Advice to Management

Resign and let real supervisors and managers that care about their employees take over. Be more selective in your hiring process. TRAIN! You are more likely to retain individuals who have proper training and a good support staff.

"One of the worst employment experiences of my life."

Former Employee - Tech Support Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Tech Support Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will learn a lot because you have to. The other employees are mostly cool. Some of the people really care, but, well, read below.

Cons

I'm not sure where to start. I worked there for a little over three years, and they made a broke a ton of promises and seemed intent on making the worst decisions possible. Management wanted yes men who would agree and obey unquestioningly and anyone who cared and wanted to help improve the place was fired. Anyone who asked for pay that was reasonable was fired.

They throw you to the wolves with no training at all. Since it is their own software, there's no outside resources to study. When you need help, everyone is busy rushing around putting out fires that are caused due to a complete lack of competence and organization in the company. They required no consistency for a long time as far as end-user equipment and software to be compatible with their software, and when they finally got around to creating minimum requirements, they didn't enforce them. They treat their employees like slave labor and in meetings, they straight up said they do play favorites and those who play along get rewarded and "difficult people" (those who ask questions or disagree in any way) are fired or punished.

At one point they actually told employees they had to stay in their chairs and raise their hand for anything they needed, including going to the bathroom, which was limited to three minutes. Managers would actually come looking for you if you exceeded that. They built a game room with a Wii and some other stuff, but it was almost always empty because no one had time to use it.

They implemented a pay freeze soon after I started, and for the entire time I worked there, it was never lifted. There was zero incentive to try because any innovation was frowned upon as well. They promised that the pay freeze was temporary and that as soon as they made a certain amount of profit, people would be generously rewarded. Instead, they bought another company and had their managers walking the floor, never introduced to us, to start telling us what to do, yet they had no familiarity with our products. It was insane.

They would keep junkies on the floor who would fall asleep at their monitors because they were yes men, but fire their best performing employees who busted their butts to try to make things better. They fired their programmers and the most knowledgeable people and replaced them with temps at well below the already extremely subpar wage, threw them on the floor with no training and expected them to be experts immediately. I did my best to help, but when you're already working several tickets at once with understandably outraged customers, a slew of inept managers giving conflicting orders, and a tiny, stressed out skeleton crew who would have nervous breakdowns on the floor from the pressure, there was really nothing to be done.

Do not ever work for MSI.

Advice to Management

No point, they don't listen.

"Ex-Manager, appalled at lack of organization"

Former Employee - Assistant Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Director in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* easy to get a job due to high turnover rate
    * no boring training
    * learn something new everyday

Cons

* MSI has a policy of discipline first, ask questions later
    * like 10 different bosses breathing down your neck in any given day
    * absolutely no sense of organization - everything is ramshackle at this company

Advice to Management

get your act together it's really not that hard

"A reflection of all the reviews-and experiences at Multi-systems"

Former Employee - Former Support\Customer Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Former Support\Customer Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At one time they were a positive asset to the hospitality industry. They were also a positive asset to the IT industry. Small business with potential to have a solid foothold in the industry

Cons

I am writing a review to post an honest rating. I am noting that several positive reviews from the company are from executive employee's who were probably told to write them. To further prove this, if you note the dates...they are between Aug 13-19 2013. Can't be coincidence that 5 people all decided to write a review within a weeks time. What is funny is some of those positive ratings even slander their own support department which should show the character and the credibility of those postings. Hence the reflection of this company still being small business minded even though they could be marketing a gold mine of a product. Also this shows they do not support long term employees. This is show with comments that are slandering long term "distasteful" employees. I would expect a company to try to be positive about their own employees. There is no positive reflection of the company in the IT industry and don't expect much from the hospitality industry either

Advice to Management

My advice, you might want to read more carefully on glass door reviews vs having your favorite minions post positive reviews. We are reading through your comments and even noting you slandering your own business. You might also want to pay attention to recruiters. I have personally worked with a few recruiters which commented that you are a "short term" low end opportunity and produce short term employment opportunities. You might also reconsider keeping your development staff out of the management because it is their slander and attitude that is causing the mismanagement. They need to focus on their job alone and not get involve with the politics. Also be aware I write this review after years of not working there. I keep in touch with my colleges and none of them are happy with their experience with MSI presently or past tense.

"Very bad company starting with the owner/management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Things have gotten so bad year over the years it is hard to remember the good stuff. Some of the front line employees actually do care and want to make things better. Marc Voirol can be a pain sometimes, but he deeply cares to make things better and the best of the management team left around.

Cons

Not enough space to put everything. Favoritism is rampant. Compensation is a joke compared to other companies for the same job skills. The CEO keeps rambling off on his 'Guiding Principles' for the company and is the first one to ignore them and does it constantly. When a new management was brought in a few years ago and he was someone that cared about the customers AND the employees, the CEO just fired him and brought in more of his 'buddies'. A great example of the poor management is how they even went on Glassdoor and over inflated their stats here by having more than half the ratings come in the same week from only people that would rate them insanely high. Any company that needs to fluff up their own scores should be a tell-tale sign.

Advice to Management

Rick needs to 'retire' again and take most of the current management with him. This isn't a mean statement, just a point of fact if the company ever really wants to grow and improve.

11. "MSI is a great company!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

MSI is an awesome place to work. Management provides a fun supportive atmosphere. I am encouraged to learn new skills and best of all - all of my co-workers are like family. I know everyone and everyone knows me. And in addition to getting paid for something i love to do MSI often has fun days at work where we wear silly hats or Tshirts or have a fundraiser (with ice cream or food) for a needy charity.
    MSI is really a great place to work. We have a game room and now a new workout room. It's nice to take a break in the middle of the day for some Wii or a 10 minute run on the treadmill.

Cons

I have talked to my friends and there isnt any company out there with great health insurance right now. The health insurance isnt the greatest but it isn't the worst either!

Advice to Management

I think management should listen more to employees. I think employees have great ideas!