- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - Fort Lee, NJ
- - Secaucus, NJ
- - Washington State
- - Seattle, WA Area
- - Redmond, WA
- - Utah
- - New Jersey
- - Missouri
- - Kansas City, MO Area
- - Kansas City, MO
- - District of Columbia
- - Washington, DC Area
- - Washington, DC
- Philippines - All Cities
- - Manila
- - Manila, Philippines Area
- - Manila, Manila
Found 57 of over 100 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Mar 21, 2022 - Producer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I love their initiative to make the organization more diverse, the pay is great, you can be easily promoted if you know the right people, the colleagues and people are amazing, and lastly the benefits and 401k are great.
Be prepared to work around the clock with little notice, fill-in for different shows due to staffing issues, & be expected to do it again all without receiving extra compensation. Can be a stressful environment sometimes creating a poor work/life balance. No bonusesContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Nov 30, 2022 - Booking Producer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-Amazing experience, lots of room to learn and try different things -Exciting, competitive atmosphere -Highly rated cable news programing
-Little room for pay increase -Have to work with some difficult personalities
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Aug 8, 2022 - Segment Producer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I love my team, they are a joy to work with. And I like my job overall.
The company publicly touts having a robust diversity initiative but does little to actually support its employees of color.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 21, 2022 - Segment Producer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-Satisfactory support from management -Opportunities for growth -Exciting job in exclusive industry -Hard work gets noticed
-The pay could be better -Upward mobility can be difficult and take time -Occasional mixed-messages from upper-management
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jul 3, 2022 - Booking Producer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Great benefits - Protection of a big company and a union - Feeling of being part of a company with a solid mission - Not a "family," which means it doesn't have the dysfunction of a company with no boundaries
- Very little information flow - Stated company goals on DEI fall flat in practice--not terrible, but not great - Feeling that cable is on its way out and no one knows what to do. Not unique to MSNBC.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Aug 8, 2022 - Producer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great benefits from company, especially health insurance and free onsite clinic.
No growth opportunity, management is not transparent, and booking department has no leadership.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 26, 2022 - Booking Producer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good vacation, 401k, benefits, job security
Management is awful. People fail up. Lacking leadershipContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 22, 2022 - Segment Producer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good benefits, 401K, vacation, unionized so you are protected
Leadership on some shows is horrible. Switching shows or departments within NBC is nearly impossible and HR is not helpful They do not respect equal pay
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Mar 15, 2022 - Line Producer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people truly care about each other and know what they’re doing. The company seems to really care about the employees when it comes to resources for in and out of work, including mental health. Plus, working in 30 Rock is a dream!
Despite resources being available, working in news can still be difficult on your mental health. You don’t always have the best hours hours, which can be difficult on your personal life. However, that’s not exclusive to MSNBC.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Apr 2, 2022 - Associate ProducerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There is a ton of opportunity in the company to grow.
Sometimes the hours can get long and things can change very quickly.
MSNBC Reviews FAQs
MSNBC has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 100 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at MSNBC to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.
87% of MSNBC employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MSNBC 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.