KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MURAL (CA) Reviews

Updated Oct 11, 2021

Found 49 of over 62 reviews

4.3
MURAL (CA) CEO Mariano Suarez Battan (no image)
Mariano Suarez Battan

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Best decision I ever made...AMAZING company

Jul 26, 2021 - Enterprise Account Executive in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

MURAL is nothing short of unstoppable. The company is on an incredible growth trajectory created from an incredible product, and more than that ....unbelievable people. I absolutely love working for MURAL and proud to be a part of this time adding value. Whilst targets in sales are high..they are achievable with passion, belief and hard work. Not to mention a support system and customer success team that delight our customers. MURALS values are not just marketing speak. We live and breathe them and adopt them on a daily basis. It was an incredible decision to join and the best career move I've made so far. Thank you MURAL team.

Cons

With every company in high growth there are challenges. However we overcome them and make them better so no real cons from my perspective.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hypergrowth, stellar people.

Oct 6, 2021 - Staff Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- amazing remote culture - great people focused benefits - challenging technical and UX problems to solve - leadership that listens - massively growing company

Cons

- growth can lead to frequent change

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture - Reasonable Work Load

Oct 1, 2021 - Technical Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Mission driven - Objective Focused - KPIs and OKRs

Cons

I am just filling this out so I can have access to glassdoor

4. 5.0

Absolutely Fantastic

Oct 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

MURAL is an incredible company to work for. The company culture is inclusive, diverse, supporting, caring, and the business is growing rapidly. There is tremendous opportunity for growth personally and professionally, and there is excitement about the direction of the business. The company offers more paid holidays that any other company I've ever seen, it offers unlimited PTO with a firm recommendation that you take no fewer than 15 days per year, and is fully-remote with flexible working schedules to enable you to have a personal life as well. Compensation is competitive, and other benefits are generous.

Cons

The company is growing very quickly and is trying to adapt to a constantly shifting market. This leads to the need to be agile, which means that employees might be told to switch gears and focus on something new and often ambiguous, which is difficult for some people. This isn't an issue with the company, but a challenge due to unique working circumstances due to COVID.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not the worse company to work for but proceed with caution in regards to this team

Oct 11, 2021 - Market Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, from physical to mental health! Awesome office stipend when you first start. People ops does try to make employees feel like you are in office, even though you’re remote. Lots of fun gifts in the mail.

Cons

While you have some great benefits, this wasn’t enough. People ops does try to create events for the company , but if you’re on the MDR team... you most likely won’t be able to participate. As you’re always working and being told you that if you’re not hitting quota it’s cause you’re not working enough. Which is not true as quota tends to be unattainable. Very few people hit it, and even then it’s not consistent. So don’t expect much on commission. Most managers are helpful, but one in particular was never able to answer questions. She’d tell you to talk to your peers. Overall when you start it seems like a great gig, but after several months you soon realize you’re not going anywhere, you’re not getting paid enough, you’re being overworked, and you’re just a number.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Sep 23, 2021 - ADR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome work culture, supportive management.

Cons

Really nothing too big, you are given templates but no real direction outside of the templates, tons of resources but none towards each specific person.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Aug 3, 2021 - Market Development Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- work from home, the company is remote-first - spiffs and monthly competitions for bonuses (they genuinely tried to make it fun)

Cons

- siloed within departments - company was still trying to find its footing as a growing organization - training was practically nonexistent, perhaps due to the rapid expansion of the team

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Disturbing level of turnover and loyalty to toxic people

Aug 14, 2021 - Markeing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work was nice. Pay wasn’t bad.

Cons

Five people left my team within a few months. One of the few people who stayed was a vicious woman who couldn’t stop talking to save her life (she never had anything valuable to say, though. 90% of each 1.5 hour spiels was three repeats of what she had said previously). I was told that the higher ups had finally had enough and she would be properly dealt with, only to have those higher ups leave and be replaced with a manager who I can only describe as a coward, the kind of person who would rather pretend problems didn’t exist than solve them. One manager said, “I have a good track record of hiring people. I haven’t disappointed you, have I?” He hadn’t, until his next hire, the coward. There were constant issues with a lack of information from HR. I know they had to onboard a lot of people, but that isn’t an excuse for the fact that the HR reps told us we had a gold and a platinum health insurance to choose from but never bothered to mention that the premiums for the platinum package cost three times as much. Forgetting to provide that kind of information hurts people, truly. Another issue was their propensity for activities that might entice a five year old. A lot of company time was spent with representatives of another company that would teach us magic tricks with magic wands and decks of cards, which they mailed to people. They claimed these activities would help us at work, but it did not. It just made many people feel like they were being forced to watch a children’s show.

7 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Excellent company with incredible benefits for a Series B startup

Jun 1, 2021 - Senior Talent Acquisition Partner in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Diversity, we have employees in 26 different countries -100% remote for most roles -Excellent leadership at the co-founder level and all of the executive team being built around them -Great product, as an employee you get it free for life and up to 25 members!

Cons

-Growing pains, we've doubled in size in the last 5 months, so scaling the entire organization, but it's a good problem to have

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0

Need more diversity

Jun 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Very nice people and collaborative environment with a fun product - Good work life balance with PTO

Cons

- They promote the company is very diverse and global, but if you look at their about page of leadership, it's all white men and no POC. -Usually hire a lot of people through referrals, especially senior folks hiring people they used to work with into the company. Doesn't give a fair chance for others or foster diversity hiring. - TC or benefits are not the best and not everyone gets ownership to the company

6 people found this review helpful