KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MURAL Reviews

Updated Oct 2, 2022

Found 104 of over 133 reviews

3.9
MURAL CEO Mariano Suarez Battan (no image)
Mariano Suarez Battan

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people, very positive, trusting culture.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Awesome culture(in 14 reviews)
  • "Great benefit options like wellness or work(in 10 reviews)
  • "Good salary and stipend for education and home office supplies and services(in 7 reviews)
  • "Awesome coworkers.(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Sep 19, 2022 - Computer Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people Awesome culture Company works in niche domain

Cons

Slow down due to market conditions

Continue reading
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Read before accepting a sales job at MURAL

Sep 28, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good product - Interesting space good future - Hard working

Cons

(Ask specific questions about these before signing, get the truth) - CMO, CFO, CXO, VP EMEA sales all left in 2022, mostly due to the founder CEO who was removed this year. - Sales and success turnover has been huge. Sales attainment is extremely low with no quota adjustments despite the company lowering goals repeatedly. - Founders and senior leaders do not value sales and it shows in comp plan - All customer churns which total big ARR this year are 100% negative draw against any earned commissions. Whether the AE could impact them or not. - Company only pays partial commissions on some deals, no multi year spiff - OTE not competitive - Quotas very high, compare to other saas opportunities - No commission for closing time intensive flat renewals

Continue reading
  3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great co-workers, questionable market direction

Sep 24, 2022 - Analytics in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting and fun product to work on. The people you work with are collaborative and great! I loved the people I worked with.

Cons

Unclear direction of senior execs as each quarter we may jump from one thing to another. The whiteboard, collaboration tool space is becoming extremely crowded. With each virtual conferencing tool having their own whiteboard tool, users will find less reason to use MURAL. In addition, MURAL has been further monetizing the product in order to be profitable, cutting out features left and right for free users. The value proposition of using MURAL seems to be decrease each passing quarter. Also, 2 layoff rounds in 2022. I suspect another one coming up.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Sep 12, 2022 - Solutions Delivery Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great pay, fun product & lovely people

Cons

Leadership team still working out the kinks (layoffs), fast growth created messes that now need to be cleaned up

5. 2.0