MWI Animal Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
MWI Animal Health President Jim Cleary Jr.
Jim Cleary Jr.

Pros
  • They had great benefits and great people tinwork with (in 4 reviews)

• There benefits package is actually really good, 401k matching, and they give up a lot of PTO (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • In its current state you won't have a work/life balance; it's work, sleep, repeat (in 5 reviews)

• Always short staffed, with long hours (in 6 reviews)

1. "A good job and interesting. Easy work, however, if you want to spend time at home this is not the place to be"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at MWI Animal Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pays the bills. A good beginner job for anyone right out of high school or college to get experience working and earn money.

Cons

Can work up to 6 days a week 12 hour days. If you achieve above and beyond they will take advantage of that with same pay as everyone else.

2. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

I have been working at MWI Animal Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent Pay,Excellent Benefits,Good people to work with

Cons

Long hours and Physical labor

3. "Run!"

Former Employee - Picker/Packer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Picker/Packer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at MWI Animal Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of anything.

Cons

14 hour days, work 6-7 hours STRAIGHT with NO break, Management have there favorites, VERY HIGH TURN OVER! Head count is so low causing workers to work extra harder to get the work People. Hired 5 people all five leave the same day. There is no training just show you once then your on your own and when you mess up they throw you under the bus. No one takes a credibility. No one listens to you. Workers that been there for years have the easier tasks. Management break ALL the rules and expect you to follow. Safety sucks! Driving forklifts while on the cell phone, old equipment! Warehouse is filthy then when guest arrive hurry and try to clean up. Way too many chiefs and no Indians. Management and leads talk on their cell phones CONSTANTLY! Be on Facebook, live streaming movies, videos, and football and basketball games. Leads stop and talk and hold conversations on end with regular workers that have nothing to do with the job. Management yells at you daily in front of other workers. This job will be your life! Nothing else is going to matter to these people. You will NEVER know when you will get off.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the good workers that work hard and treat them with respect. Listen and change things that you know are wrong. Don't expect more than your willing to give, and hire more credible people with experience since you don't train because it puts a strain on everyone else. Also always be professional and treat people with respect. Stop all the blame, back biting, dragging, and favorism

4. "Warehouse Associate - Outbound"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Aurora, CO

I have been working at MWI Animal Health full-time

Pros

The job itself is pretty simple. Co-workers are great and easy to get along with. Benefits are decent but can make paying the bills hard with a low salary.

Cons

Newly incorporated labor management system, while on paper is making us look very successful, is very half-baked and slowly burning this place to the ground. Management is on edge because of corporate while associates are on edge because they are just trying to keep their job even if they have been with the company for many years. It is stressful going into work wondering if you made standard last week so you won't get written up and/or lose your job.

Used, abused, and re-used is the (unwritten) motto. If you're a great worker that has proven that you can handle multiple tasks throughout the day while being good at it, you get rewarded with even more work making the day very tiresome for these employees. This can easily be avoided if management takes the time to actually train their employees in multiple areas making them more versatile, yet they do not see this as a concern since a select few are carrying all the weight. 30% of the people do 70% of the work while the other 70% of the people do 30% of the work. It truly is a viscous cycle for that 30%.

Very long hours simply because management fire people faster than they can hire. In its current state you won't have a work/life balance; it's work, sleep, repeat.

The AOMs have the worst case of micro-management I have ever seen and it can feel like your walking on egg shells the entire day. Just be sure to stay on their good side and they'll leave you alone, for the time being..

Advice to Management

I don't even know where to start. Treat your employees better, stop being power hungry, I know its a warehouse but act more professional and less petty, train your new hires so they can actually be successful, the list can go on.

5. "Good place to work."

Former Employee - Packing in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Packing in Atlanta, GA

I worked at MWI Animal Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of overtime if that's your thing,good starting pay and great coworkers.

Cons

No set time to get off, you leave whenever all work is done for the day which varies from minutes to hours.

Advice to Management

None

6. "Needs alot of improvement."

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at MWI Animal Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Really good benefits. 401k. And good health benefits. Roth IRA benefits. Dome improvements. Good off days. Learning experirnce.

Cons

Bad management. High favortism. Poor leaderdship. Operational Management holds back promotions.

Advice to Management

Be fair. And follow company policy as you would want employees to do.

7. "Dairy Sanitation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holcomb, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holcomb, KS

I worked at MWI Animal Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits/ and work hours

Cons

sometimes the equipment would break down and you would be on call numerous weekends in a row

Advice to Management

increase salary and hire more people

8. "Remote Employee and Intern"

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Remote, OR

I have been working at MWI Animal Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have found this employer to be a good communicator, flexible and realistic with goal setting and feedback. They have cultured a position for me over the years to suit my strengths and supported me in professional development.

Cons

I have found job possibilities to be limited within the company, and therefore it can be a bit difficult to grow if you are not interested in pursuing sales or management. I think this is typical with any company though. The PTO benefits are comparable to other companies, but the balance is combined with sick leave options, and it isn't as generous as some.

9. "Best place to work!"

Current Employee - A/R in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - A/R in Boise, ID

I have been working at MWI Animal Health (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love this employer. They truly care about their employees. So I happy I found MWI

Cons

Pay isn't competitive to other comparative positions in the same field

"Merger"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I worked at MWI Animal Health full-time

Pros

They had great benefits and great people tinwork with. Certainly one of the reasons they were often voted best place to work in Idaho.

Cons

I was there before the company was bought out by ABC. They had quite a bit of turn over at the time that increased everyone's work load and stress. I'm sure that all balanced out once the merger was completed however.